Jump to content

Yellow, Green, Orange and Iredescent gem hounds and what would they do


Recommended Posts

A few ideas of what the hounds with diferent gems should do
Yellow

It would be faster and shine.
Green

Upon death it would deconstruct nearby items with 50% efficiency.
Orange
it would teleport to you and bite you immediately, upon death they would teleport things around, including players

Iredescent
Would transform whatever could be transformed in their lunar counterparts(ie Spider into shattered spider)

To prevent them from being too op with their drops, the chance of dropping gems would be 1%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

hounds are bound by season, not by gems.

if we assume regular hound is the one of autumn, then we'd only need a spring hound.

That’s exactly what we need Spring Hound.. SPRING hound..

-Thinks Toy Story Slinky Dog-

No but seriously a special new type of hound that can leap OVER obstacles to get to you sounds like fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

Yellow

It would be faster and shine

I mean if used correctly it could save you from death via darkness, or just be used to conserve light fuel. Otherwise, sounds like a good concept.

8 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

Green

Upon death it would deconstruct nearby items with 50% efficiency

I don't understand what this means tbh. If it means that deconstricts items under 50% then it would be very useful just to mass gather these low percent items together and just kill the hound to fet the materials back. It you mean that decontricts everything in a area but has a 50% chance of working, then  it would be annoying but tolerable. The big thing is the range as that will be the main factor of how destructive it is.

16 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

Orange
it would teleport to you and bite you immediately, upon death they would teleport things around, including players

I would be wary to teleport players as it could be dizzying/nauseating if you randomly teleport by killing a thing that is chasing after you. There is also the problem that you could subjected to this involuntary if someone was killing one around you while you were doing something else. Otherwise it is fine.

22 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

Iredescent
Would transform whatever could be transformed in their lunar counterparts(ie Spider into shattered spider)

I think this would be better if it was the only special hound that appears on the lunar island, but when it dies, it will do a random effect from a special hound. This would add verity to the lunar island and add wariness to basing on the lunar island.

26 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

To prevent them from being too op with their drops, the chance of dropping gems would be 1%

Thats a a bit too low. A better option is too make the gems the normal 20% but make the hounds themselves more rare. While the gems are valuable, you still need a few of them to make a noticable effect. There is also the trouble that is going to the ruins so that should be taken into consideration.

Good ideas overall but a few need more explanation and some need a few tweaks but the ideas are still good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Well-met said:

hounds are bound by season, not by gems.

if we assume regular hound is the one of autumn, then we'd only need a spring hound.

I haven't been on my ancient megabase world in a while, but if I remember right, the elemental and normal hounds just kind of mush together in hound attacks throughout the seasons(at least on the calm seasons) as the world gets older and older. I might be totally wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that's how I remember it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

I don't understand what this means tbh. If it means that deconstricts items under 50% then it would be very useful just to mass gather these low percent items together and just kill the hound to fet the materials back. It you mean that decontricts everything in a area but has a 50% chance of working, then  it would be annoying but tolerable. The big thing is the range as that will be the main factor of how destructive it is.

The default deconstruction rules would still apply here, so the lower the durability, the less loot you'lll get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion- but I’m always full of unpopular opinions anyway.. so,Depending on how important these gems are maybe Hounds shouldn’t be what carries them.. maybe some new mobs with unique gameplay..

A teleporting dog doesn’t really make sense, but a new Nightmare Shadow would. For example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also want to add that the other night I managed to fully construct the Odd Skeleton Statue.. I know that these are used to spawn some big ugly enormous boss... BUT I like the way the STATUE ITSELF looks. It’s not too big (almost the size of Koalephant or Beefalo) kinda reminds me of something from The Lion King Movie for some reason... (the old Cartoon movie not the new live action one)

I want these statues as an actual Enemy mob type, Not a BOSS but an actual mob, Maybe they can expand the foggy Graveyard Area make these things Resurrect into living bone monsters.. Hahaha Bone Graveyard.

Yeah this is TOTALLY Lion King.

 

A4880F9F-098A-4BA5-8DB0-BBBA38E05323.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want these statues as an actual Enemy mob type, Not a BOSS but an actual mob, Maybe they can expand the foggy Graveyard Area make these things Resurrect into living bone monsters.. Hahaha Bone Graveyard.

They are there own mob type enemy, passive mini bosses, mini bosses, and sort of final boss based on where you insert the atrium into it. The Odd Skeleton/Stalker enemies are meant so that you can see how the atrium inhabits a vessel and gradually becomes more lucid and powerful the closer you get to the Gateway. It's meant to show that the skeletons themselves aren't coming alive but instead that the atrium itself contains a soul that requires the skeleton to fulfill its final purpose, defending the gateway. These mobs are meant to be grand creatures that time itself forgot and requires the upmost meddling in order to resurrect, it's meant to be a cornerstone of the player will to either thrive, or their will to escape. The skeleton's aren't meant to be thrown around like this, they are meant to be significant to both the lore and game play, so turning a similar version to it just seems utterly disrespectful to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

They are there own mob type enemy, passive mini bosses, mini bosses, and sort of final boss based on where you insert the atrium into it. The Odd Skeleton/Stalker enemies are meant so that you can see how the atrium inhabits a vessel and gradually becomes more lucid and powerful the closer you get to the Gateway. It's meant to show that the skeletons themselves aren't coming alive but instead that the atrium itself contains a soul that requires the skeleton to fulfill its final purpose, defending the gateway. These mobs are meant to be grand creatures that time itself forgot and requires the upmost meddling in order to resurrect, it's meant to be a cornerstone of the player will to either thrive, or their will to escape. The skeleton's aren't meant to be thrown around like this, they are meant to be significant to both the lore and game play, so turning a similar version to it just seems utterly disrespectful to me.

Uh huh... but I just built two statues of Skelton things and this games full of science and magic, why can’t  I craft an Amulet to put on its neck and bring it to life as sort of like my own personal War Mount or something? (until the necklace ran out of juice and it collapses back into a bone pile) but I mean meh.. still.

They are planing to Rework the games character roster- seems like Maxwell should be able to reanimate these. Just saying man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uh huh... but I just built two statues of Skelton things and this games full of science and magic, why can’t  I craft an Amulet to put on its neck and bring it to life as sort of like my own personal War Mount or something? (until the necklace ran out of juice and it collapses back into a bone pile) but I mean meh.. still.

They are planing to Rework the games character roster- seems like Maxwell should be able to reanimate these. Just saying man.

Again, the skeleton's themselves don't have any actual life in them, they are just vessels. They are meant to be things that souls can use to inhabit a body once again, not just something to pump full of life juice for a reaction. These skeleton's don't move on their own, don't even react or have a concise without the atrium. Without the atrium, they are just as lifeless as a sign you put next to it. A life giving amulet wouldn't work because as a vessel and not a soul of it's own, it would do nothing. For a example of why it wouldn't work, reviving yourself via any method leaves the original body where it was but the soul has been resurrected. This skeleton can no longer be interacted with (except destroying it but that's not really a unique concept about any skeleton) because the soul has left the body. The skeleton still isn't this being that you can truly use to your whim, but is more a catalyst designed to resurrect the soul within the atrium. It's also odd that none of the other spirits in the game try to inhabit anything. They could just lack the conviction and will that the fuel weaver has, but none the less the atrium seems to be massively different from the others.  The skeletons, or to be more specific a skeleton with a soul inside of it, should stay unique to the bosses because otherwise it devalues their involvement in the lore and the tenseness of their interactions because they would no longer be these ancient creatures that yourself remade, but instead a thing you might have seen hundreds of times but bigger, which just ruins any intrigue or mystery with them. They aren't just things you can just throw anywhere because "hey it might be cool if could do this because it would be neat". These things are meant to have meaning not meant to be just slap dashed into whatever area because it would be neat. These Stalkers are meant to have massive meanings for lore, progression, and player psychology, you digging up things that were put to rest a long, long time ago and bringing them back to live shows the players increase desperateness for content or a way to escape this hellish world. Putting these inhabited creatures anywhere without significance would ruin all 3 of these in one fell swoop, removing tons of meaning for the fight itself, thus lessening the impact of it. It's a fight that suppose to have a lot of significance, and anything that lessens that is a really bad idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...