Would anyone want Winnie a unimplemented character in DST?

Would you like Winnie be redone and added to DST?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sure! More the merrier!
    • Nah, I'd rather have someone else.
    • Nope, We have enough characters.
    • We have mods, I'll just use that

11 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

That's interesting and all, but can we please keep in mind the original topic xD

Where did all this "Blood in game" Come in? x3

It was a joke.. I said Winnie can be added if she’s a mauled to death zombie brought back from beyond the grave by Waverly. (It’s a Halloween themed HaHa..) As long as Hallowed Nights is still active in game it’s still the Spooky season for me.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It was a joke.. I said Winnie can be added if she’s a mauled to death zombie brought back from beyond the grave by Waverly. (It’s a Halloween themed HaHa..) As long as Hallowed Nights is still active in game it’s still the Spooky season for me.

Ah alright then, sorry bout that then ^^

I would rather not have her because her supposed role was supposed to be vegan farmer right? We already got Wurt and Wormwood which fulfills one of each of those roles. If we were to have a new character, something new would be nice. If she did something other than this, I would me more inclined to have her on board. But all this is just personal preference.

23 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

The magic moment when you realize that Winnie's "milking" the beefs is... what boosts their population - a character perk *wink wink*

(insert Wilson's horrified face)

Maybe this is why no one wants Winnie

image.thumb.png.9c48afd81565953969b1f18d3b650adf.png

Klei is just gonna Thanos me aren't they

26 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

*From that day onward Wilson felt a strange new passion awakening in him...*

And with this you are my new favorite comics artist around here :D

Also is ok, who doesn't appreciate the good ol' *salty-sour milk* jokey-joke, hehe. Now I kinda want Winnie in DST, for Wilson's sake *winks*

PS: you should make a personal art thread in [DS] Art, Music & Lore and post more comics, concepts and such.

7 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

The magic moment when you realize that Winnie's "milking" the beefs is... what boosts their population - a character perk *wink wink*

(insert Wilson's horrified face)

7 hours ago, HorseyTheYes said:

image.thumb.png.2ff923c0a512e8b59c3d4de1ab0bdcab.png

Spoiler

Why would someone even collect that, let alone put it in a jar and have it laying around? Like I get that this is a funnypost but i hate it.

On 11/24/2019 at 11:35 PM, Ismael Marin said:

There's a problem, is the fact Charlie is HEAVILY lore based, Klei said they don't want character DLC to have a GIANT impact of the lore.

Tbh i kinda wish Winnie and Wigfrid were related in Wig's animation short and give Wigfrid Winnie's outfit. Maybe make Wigfrid chance her quotes if she's using the skin or something. 

On a serious note there is a chance for Winnie to come to DST.. in the form of a double role/personality in Wigfrid rework.

Lore-wise we know Wigfrid is a role, the viking hunter meat-eater. For Winnie we got snippets that she was intended to have a "Little Bo-Peep" persona with perks related to animals and being a vegetarian. Wigfrid has Willow-level of sanity - aka lower than rest of cast - meaning they both are a bit insane. What if we can have in Wigfrid's rework some kind of sanity-related transformation, let's say by eating some kind of food or linked to a specific period of the year, where Wig can become Winnie and vice-versa?! Like switching between roles, with a twist. Maybe on demand, maybe seasonal. There's a lot of playground with this aspect. And the overlapping of vegetarianism with Wurt isn't such a problem as we have more overlapping roles: Woodie and Maxwell plus Wormwood and Wickerbottom's Applied Horticulture. A character with a double personality in form of roles played would be interesting imo, Klei could make some interesting game mechanics around this concept for Wigfrid's rework and have a shepherd type of character in 1 go - also the opposite duality may be quite engaging. Just some thoughts.

17 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

On a serious note there is a chance for Winnie to come to DST.. in the form of a double role/personality in Wigfrid rework.

Lore-wise we know Wigfrid is a role, the viking hunter meat-eater. For Winnie we got snippets that she was intended to have a "Little Bo-Peep" persona with perks related to animals and being a vegetarian. Wigfrid has Willow-level of sanity - aka lower than rest of cast - meaning they both are a bit insane. What if we can have in Wigfrid's rework some kind of sanity-related transformation, let's say by eating some kind of food or linked to a specific period of the year, where Wig can become Winnie and vice-versa?! Like switching between roles, with a twist. Maybe on demand, maybe seasonal. There's a lot of playground with this aspect. And the overlapping of vegetarianism with Wurt isn't such a problem as we have more overlapping roles: Woodie and Maxwell plus Wormwood and Wickerbottom's Applied Horticulture. A character with a double personality in form of roles played would be interesting imo, Klei could make some interesting game mechanics around this concept for Wigfrid's rework and have a shepherd type of character in 1 go - also the opposite duality may be quite engaging. Just some thoughts.

This I can see as a possibility, though the only problem is that wigfrid is almost a perfectly balanced character atm, so her rework would be nonexistent, far-off, or tiny.

17 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

This I can see as a possibility, though the only problem is that wigfrid is almost a perfectly balanced character atm, so her rework would be nonexistent, far-off, or tiny.

Yes, Wigfrid "role" could remain almost the same - only the addition of the Winnie "role" may be a major focus of the actor-character playing/having the double personality "personas". Also on the matter of what actually triggers the transformation, it could be a craftable stage of sort that requires some special material (perhaps Nightmare Fuel to keep the low-sanity/mental instability lore as well) related to the desired "role" - this to maintain said actor aspect of Wigfrid/Winnie. Again just some thrown ideas into the Winnie mix.

On 26.11.2019 at 3:53 AM, WoodieMain45684 said:

I would rather not have her because her supposed role was supposed to be vegan farmer right? 

Mary.thumb.png.bf1fe5da2548256cdc186a3c738e3e45.pngIs it though? I don't get that vibe at all. To me, she has an animal herder/ animal husbandry role, the closest perk we ever had to that being Woodie's ability to befriend mobs for a little more (not sure if they removed this on the rework or not). She gives off Marry vibe from Necrodancer [Pictured on the left] - sure she'd be friendly with animals like Beefalos, Volt Goats, Koelephants, Slurtles, Reindeers and such; and maybe she'd have a primary friend in the herd but she'd be farming the rest of them for their milk and meat instead of being a vegetarian environmentalist activist of any kind.

I do think she can be an interesting character as a specialized mob rancher of unintelligent neutral mobs, perhaps being good and effective at ranching and domestication: being able to calm down and befriend Koelephants, Slurtles, and Grass Geckos (and even perhaps Ewecii), Bring new domestication mechanics with her such as Koelephant domestication and better control over domestic animals, may be able to have singular animal companions like a domestic catcoon, hound and a beefalo, following and protecting her and giving her sanity, she could speed up or even induce reproduction etc. I see so much potential in such a husbandry role and only characters in conceptual existence that I can see adapting the role would be Winnie and the Trade Innkeeper.

Yeah, I'm sticking with the "I want Winnie, but I want her as an alternate personality for Wigfrid".

Can't really say I care how the Wigfrid/Winnie switch works, nor am I too bothered about the details of Winni's mechanics (though "Shepard/friend to all animals" sounds like a great reversal role of Wigfrid's kill everything gameplay).

I just want her to be the shining light in Wigfrid's rework. I want to see the actress part of Wigfrid shine through and become a major feature of her gameplay. Swapping her personality on command would be such a fun, lore-friendly polish for her.

Hey guys, I made another concept for Winnie's Texas abilities, she can make cozy stables for mobs (Like Beefbois, Volt goats, koleaphants and ewecus) and with these stables she can get more resources than usually, like 2 manure a day and if it's a beefboi or a ewecus, she can get wool and fur from them more frequently.  

image.thumb.png.0cbc92a61dde6c3787e5383aa0930392.png

it also just means she owns them (Peta wants to know your location) and won't run away or harm other survivors.

It costs like 5 planks, 10 grass and 6 manure

58 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

MORE CONCEPTS. What Winnie's tamed beefalo's look like

image.thumb.png.d874ec52a3ebc96b73e0260ba66d61f4.png

sigh, I love these disgusting quadrupeds~

God, imagine basing with some who has a tamed beef with this on. All you'd hear is DADADING DADADING DADADING DADADING-

Archived