Would anyone want Winnie a unimplemented character in DST?

Would you like Winnie be redone and added to DST?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sure! More the merrier!
    • Nah, I'd rather have someone else.
    • Nope, We have enough characters.
    • We have mods, I'll just use that

I know their are mods and such, but I really like her concept of being agricultural, I know there's already Wormwood who's a greenthumb, but she's probably better around animals or something and gets a tab based on it. Like being able to milk beefalo, or making butter without the need to kill butterflies, who knows-

What you guys think?

it depends, I am personal hoping the last dlc character is Charlie, and that she will have the ability to Manipulate the game world around her- we’ve seen many people that can do many things, and the closest we have to world manipulator is Wickerbottom with her Applied Horticulture book..

I was thinking more along the lines of her animated short- where you see her good side and her dark side struggling between rather something should be Pretty or Spooky, Until finally both sides settle for a medium between pretty and spooky. 

People say we can’t have Charlie as playable because she controls the Constant, but Maxwell Also Controlled the Constant in the original DS and He was still playable..

Not to mention there’s still the Return of THEM, I’m pretty certain whoever or Whatever “Them” is wont be happy with Charlie sitting on their throne.

I rather have her in Wigfrid's rework as a side character that she also method acts or as her true self that was lost a long while ago according to her Curio Cabinet description.

Or Klei could just go on another route and give her new weapons and buffs,but that's another story and something really off topic.

Winnie herself sounds like a boring concept imo...

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

it depends, I am personal hoping the last dlc character is Charlie, and that she will have the ability to Manipulate the game world around her- we’ve seen many people that can do many things, and the closest we have to world manipulator is Wickerbottom with her Applied Horticulture book..

I was thinking more along the lines of her animated short- where you see her good side and her dark side struggling between rather something should be Pretty or Spooky, Until finally both sides settle for a medium between pretty and spooky. 

People say we can’t have Charlie as playable because she controls the Constant, but Maxwell Also Controlled the Constant in the original DS and He was still playable..

Not to mention there’s still the Return of THEM, I’m pretty certain whoever or Whatever “Them” is wont be happy with Charlie sitting on their throne.

Oh yeah, Getting to play Charlie for the final DLC (If they'll make one) Would be freakin awesome! I mean she could be used to play a sandbox mode or something DS or DST for unlocking her or something like that. 

And I mean If klei has already put in all the characters they said they would (Something like 5 (don't quote me on that I'm not too sure) new ones counting Warly and Wormwood) there's like one more spot, I'm kinda half hoping it would be another unimplemented character, but if it isn't, Wagstaff would be.

But back on the Charlie idea, I think it would be still pretty cool, but it'd ruin the "W" but Mawill already so, ohwell xD

14 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

I rather have her in Wigfrid's rework as a side character that she also method acts or as her true self that was lost a long while ago according to her Curio Cabinet description.

Or Klei could just go on another route and give her new weapons and buffs,but that's another story and something really off topic.

Winnie herself sounds like a boring concept imo...

It'd be cool for Wigfrid to get an animated short, but idk, she seems already OP enough unless you want to debuff her, either way is fine I guess. '<'

And that's okay, I know where your getting at tbh xD

10 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

It'd be cool for Wigfrid to get an animated short, but idk, she seems already OP enough unless you want to debuff her, either way is fine I guess. '<'

And that's okay, I know where your getting at tbh xD

Well,if you compare her to the broken and boring Wolfgang and some other fun and useful characters like Maxwell who can actually get a higher dps than her with his shadow duelists,if used right,she ain't that op.

She's just really easy to play,if i will be honest. Also every character is going to get reworked one way or another,no exceptions other than dlc characters.

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

wormwood's the farmer, wurt is the vegetarian. What more do you want?

I know that, I said in my post that she could have something to do with animals or just beefalo's, and she doesn't need vegetarian anymore. I'm sure their she could have a different downside like she hates when animals die (minus monsters and bosses of course) but that's just my theroy.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Charlie was my hope as well. 

If Winnie was added to the game she probably wouldn't be much like the friend-to-all-living-things vegetable farmer she's been speculated to be or like the mods based on that speculation because, as has been mentioned, being a vegetarian is Wurt's thing and farming tons of crops is Wormwood's thing. I'd kind of expect her face to be changed as well because the unimplemented design looks way too much like Wigfrid; there's a passing resemblance between Wilson and Wagstaff or Wilson and Warbucks, but Wigfrid and Winnie have the same face except for slight differences in eyebrows and makeup and look more alike than some skins for the same character do. Even that bonnet Winnie has on would probably be made into an equippable hat rather than part of the head sprite, since it's a bit oversized to be treated like a permanent accessory in the vein of Wendy's flower or Woodlegs's headband, and that would further reinforce the resemblance to a blonde Wigfrid.

And once you change all that stuff, what's left that actually resembles the unimplemented concept of Winnie besides her name? Animal taming? I guess it's possible and she's one of the more popular unimplemented characters so there's more pressure for Klei to try, but I feel like it would be difficult if not impossible to implement her without being disappointing in some way when so much of her character concept and design has already been recycled for other characters. Wortox set a precedent for long-unimplemented singleplayer characters being added as DST DLC, but if anything we had the inverse reason to doubt whether he'd ever be added because being a demon made him very dissimilar from the existing survivors.

Adding Charlie raises different questions. Adventure Mode was first added to DS singleplayer a couple of months before the ending was implemented and Maxwell was made available as a player character, and it was another six months before his abilities were finished. I'd kind of expect a similar story mode to come before Charlie got the same treatment, and while that could still be in the works, it would at least take longer than just adding a new character without all that setup. Especially if the intention was to add the story mode and the completed character at roughly the same time, which they didn't do with Maxwell but could do with Charlie to make it more of a surprise.

Also I can't find the quote now but I seem to recall Klei saying something about the premium DLC characters being nonessential to the story, and making Charlie the final premium character sounds like the exact opposite of that, so I bet she'd be a free-to-play character (like Warly) if she did get added and the fourth premium character would still be someone else.

I would like Winnie to be implemented as another personality of Wigfrid. As Winnie she could tame and breed peaceful creatures (Gobblers, Volt Goats, Deers, Beefalos, Koalafants), building enclosures and feeding throughs. She could get Eggs and Milk from them and turn the milk into butter. She doesn't like to fight (strong sanity draining and lower damage) and she gets hurts when an innocent creature is dying near her (more when she kill it by herself), so she would have to become Wigfrid to fight efficiently. She can eat everything.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Charlie was always the one attacking in darkness even in the original DS, not Maxwell. So if Charlie is a playable character then who would attack her?

4 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

Charlie was always the one attacking in darkness even in the original DS, not Maxwell. So if Charlie is a playable character then who would attack her?

Role reversal, turns out secretly Maxwell gets so mad his arms get really long and stretchy and slaps Charlie in the darkness.
He's all like, "Agh!" and stuff, so it's justified.
This is canon if Charlie becomes playable, fight me.

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Role reversal, turns out secretly Maxwell gets so mad his arms get really long and stretchy and slaps Charlie in the darkness.
He's all like, "Agh!" and stuff, so it's justified.
This is canon if Charlie becomes playable, fight me.

So if they're standing together in the dark they just slap each other? Cool.

Archived