Why each character is here

For Wormwood his trailer shows his green gem falling from the moon and becoming sentient. That appears to just be his origins however. And besides, I'm not sure how Hamlet and DST fit in terms of the timeline perspective, but maybe Hamlet has something to do with it. 

I would say more but I've barely played Hamlet so I don't know much about it. I could also be completely wrong as well. 

I've heard an idea that WX could be armour encompassing someone inside. Originally it was thought to be Wagstaff, but that's obviously not true anymore. But I had a thought that maybe inside the character first going into the portal in Winona's trailer. Even if that's not the case, maybe they had an involvement in WX's creation. This is a mechanical factory after all. 

Screenshot_20191112-202738.png

Usually if he says I, Me, ect, it's something relating to a memory of his life before spiderdom. Rarely he does mention things about the spider as a separate entity, like its preferences, but even that's usually a 'we'.
Always a reason for the pronoun used by them.

Kinda backs up that idea that Max came to Webber after he was eaten.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, maciu67 said:

Think about fire in New York library

Walani

?

Woodlegs

?

Wilbur

?

Wheeler

?

Wilba

? (by her father)

Moon's plan

Wilbur and Wilba werent pulled in. They lived in the constant before

1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

Wilbur was a circus monkey who travelled with Maxwell in real world.

Ah yes. And where does it say that anywhere. Why would the king of the monkeys be some random circus monkey and why would Maxwell drag him there.

36 minutes ago, Casul said:

Wilbur and Wilba werent pulled in. They lived in the constant before

Wilbur is not a primeape,he's just a monkey from our world. It's pretty obvious that he's probably one of the circus' inteligent monkeys that we see on a poster in the William Carter puzzle.

8 minutes ago, Casul said:

Ah yes. And where does it say that anywhere. Why would the king of the monkeys be some random circus monkey and why would Maxwell drag him there.

Wilbur is the king of the primeapes only,probably due to their dumbness compared to Wilbur and less territorial behavior compared to other monkeys. Also Maxwell could have drag him there for the same reason he captured Wes and Wolfgang for example.

4 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Wilbur is not a primeape,he's just a monkey from our world. It's pretty obvious that he's probably one of the circus' inteligent monkeys that we see on a poster in the William Carter puzzle.

Wilbur is the king of the primeapes only,probably due to their dumbness compared to Wilbur and less territorial behavior compared to other monkeys. Also Maxwell could have drag him there for the same reason he captured Wes and Wolfgang for example.

Yes but where does it say that. Because unless you show me you are making assumptions and wasting my time with your theory replies

9 minutes ago, Casul said:

Yes but where does it say that. Because unless you show me you are making assumptions and wasting my time with your theory replies

It's like the only logical conclusion, he's clearly different from normal primeapes, so he must be from our world, and circus related characters are in the game, so Wilbur must be a circus monkey since it wouldn't make sense for him to be a wild one.

6 hours ago, Casul said:

I mean...for what exact reason would a random monkey from the Constant be significantly more intelligent than the rest, capable of tool use, and spend its time building things up like a human? And where were those reason's officially established?

Both theories require assumptions.

3 hours ago, Casul said:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles

Screenshot_926.thumb.png.d1c8eb2343a865974cc8471c70a7029a.png

A Newspaper from the William Carter Puzzles.

TRAGIC TRAIN CRASH

Circus wagon struck at crossing

Many passenger injuries reported

Elephant unharmed

A passenger train struck a circus wagon that had broken down along the tracks at the Old Mill crossing. Dozens of passengers were injured, and at least one man is missing. The missing man has yet to be identified, but fellow passengers described him as a tall, nervous fellow with an English accent. A search party was convened but quickly abandoned when it became apparent that a [Second column begins after tear in the first column] cage full of potentially dangerous trained monkeys had been vacated in the collision. Given the remoteness of the crash site, the scorching desert sun, and the escaped animals, the missing man has been presumed dead.

This is the third such incident at the crossing since the railway's construction in 1875, but the first to involve a circus wagon. Local businessman and railway investor Harold J. Rutherford assured this publication that all pertinent safety precautions had been taken, but no one could have foreseen the appearance of such a dangerous blockage on the tracks 

"cage full of potentially dangerous trained monkeys had been vacated in the collision"

Let's see the Circus' poster.

Screenshot_924.thumb.png.9a82636d8f36b50582b07722af2fcdcb.png Screenshot_925.png.d746d27444a014e4bd9b411e507f2019.png Hmmm.. Yeah, trained monkeys.

So yeah,Wilbur is obviously not a prime ape and the Circus that Maxwell and Wolfgang worked in did have trained monkeys.

If you aren't convinced,please,tell me why you think Wilbur is from the Constant.

Edit: Some extra spicy quotes.

Screenshot_927.png.db5a6ce966e01836e71394922a9f4cc5.png

Screenshot_928.png.6cb2537c569585a25e3f8d70cb008a84.png

(Soggy Monkey is the NPC version of Wilbur btw.)

Every character is there because Maxwell is a selfish Jerk who likes pulling anyone and everyone who’s names start with a W into the strange Realm he fell into when seeking more powerful knowledge from the Magic Trick book he found.

Charlie was his lovely female assistant during these magic shows, who unfortunately got sucked in with Him, Everyone else was snagged in just because their names start with W!

But the thing I’m still trying to figure out is Who’s the Boss at the Voxola factory? Why does he create Gramophones? (The thing that captures Wilson and sucks him into the constant)

Console players do not have the Hamlet DLC pack, nor did we ever receive Wagstaff as a Free character to the original DS game.

So if ANY of these questions are answered already through Hamlet or Wagstaff.. my Apologies, we don’t Have them so it’s still a total confusing mess.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mooagain said:

When he says "us" it could be referring to another person that built the portal, since I doubt he was in the spider before the portal.

Webber pretty much always talks in 3rd person. Someone, I think it was zeklo, said this was likely a result of him being combined with a spider into the humanoid form he is currently in, it's like him and the spider talking.

4 hours ago, G-Forces said:

Webber pretty much always talks in 3rd person. Someone, I think it was zeklo, said this was likely a result of him being combined with a spider into the humanoid form he is currently in, it's like him and the spider talking.

Yeah, but when he talks about his past he says I or me because he's talking about himself and not the spider, for example:

Bath Bomb- "I miss bubble baths."

Wheat- "If only I were back at the mill."

Meatballs- "I used to make these with grandpa!"

Powdercake- "Mum never let me have these."

Hardened Rubber Bung- "I miss bath toys."

Failed to do something- "Mom told me never to do that."

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But the thing I’m still trying to figure out is Who’s the Boss at the Voxola factory? Why does he create Gramophones? (The thing that captures Wilson and sucks him into the constant)

Yeah, that was confirmed Wagstaff a few years before his release.

Archived