[Game Update] - 376201

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed missing symbols in Wurt’s idle animation.
  • Fixed missing inspecting Wurt strings.
  • Fixed controller focus issues in the Shop.
  • Fixed Curio Collector’s voice from playing infinitely.
  • Fixed cutoff issues with Wurt’s head when wearing hats.
  • Fixed Merms not attacking players who invade their territory
  • Merm king dialog should now show up on the client
  • Fixed miscellaneous crashes when the Royal Carpet was destroyed
  • Saladmander no longer ignites objects that require fuel to burn.

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

So the Trade Inn Keeper's name is the "Curio Collector"? I actually really, really like the sound of that.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed Merms not attacking players who invade their territory

Thank god that wasn't intentional. This hotfix note is actually pretty vague. Does this extend to merms created by Wurt's structures? Do Merm Guards attack non-Wurt players that get too close to the Merm King?

Regardless, now there's only one glaring issue left: The Stat refill bug/mechanic when the Merm King spawns/dies or you enter/exit a server.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Canis said:

So the Trade Inn Keeper's name is the "Curio Collector"? I actually really, really like the sound of that.

Thank god that wasn't intentional. This hotfix note is actually pretty vague. Does this extend to merms created by Wurt's structures? Do Merm Guards attack non-Wurt players that get too close to the Merm King?

I did some testing and it appears that all merms will be hostile to players unless they wear the disguise. However, if the Merm King is present, all merms become neutral to all players, regardless if they have the disguise or not.

Edit: Homeless merms will be aggressive to players nearby, while those with homes will only be aggressive when players are near their homes.

Edited by mistrbushido
added more details
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ah nice, here's our good ol' Merms !

Oh and, if any dev is passing by... I really need to know what's the symbol used for the Wurt face when she read Wicker's book, it gives other characters a complete invisible face and I believe I can't lurk in to help myself since she's a dyn file.

0.jpg.230634d5e1e2fcea9f0b4dc1ce827662.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Theukon-dos said:

does the merm agression change also apply to Creatures and bosses? or just players?

Merms are not aggressive against any of the giants, bee queen, or dragonfly. They also are not aggressive to any monsters (e.g. hounds, spiders), but those monsters will attack the merms.

Interesting however, is that kingless merms will be hostile to bunnymen, but will becomem neutral to them if the king is present.

Woo!! thanks for the update!

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fixed Merms not attacking players who invade their territory

Merm guards still won't aggro on Hounds or giants. They idle around until the hounds/giants successfully land a hit on them first.

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ADM said:

Ah nice, here's our good ol' Merms !

Oh and, if any dev is passing by... I really need to know what's the symbol used for the Wurt face when she read Wicker's book, it gives other characters a complete invisible face and I believe I can't lurk in to help myself since she's a dyn file.

0.jpg.230634d5e1e2fcea9f0b4dc1ce827662.jpg

I've been wondering that too! The Data Mining thread said it was face 32, but that can't be right?

14 minutes ago, mistrbushido said:

That's because the Merm King is present. Merms will become aggressive when the MK dies. Not sure if this is intended.

Yeah, confirm this. So it's not bad at all, since anyone with Disguises could promote and feed the king

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1