Jump to content

What's something you do to "cheat the system" as your main?


Recommended Posts

this could be anything. maybe it's a cheese technique you enjoy a little too much, or maybe it's just a small thing you do as the character.

I main Wes 99.9% of the time, and i've completely given up on keeping him from not starving, lol. if im playing solo, then food is free real estate, sure, but when i'm in a group, you will catch me eating only seeds so i can make sure the group doesn't completely starve to death due to me constantly needing to eat. meatballs are like, a special treat for me lmao. (I always end up being the food collector guy, so i can be the one who gets to say, "well I GOT this food, let me eat just a little of it.") 

your main skillz. hand em over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dance as Maxwell in order to control my shadow puppets so they don't get themselves killed or destroying things that i don't want them to destroy,like twiggy trees in my base for example.

They just ignore everything so they can dance next to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

I dance as Maxwell in order to control my shadow puppets so they don't get themselves killed or destroying things that i don't want them to destroy,like twiggy trees in my base for example.

They just ignore everything so they can dance next to you.

wait, that's a thing they can do?? they can just, do a little jig??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Clownyshush said:

wait, that's a thing they can do?? they can just, do a little jig??

Yup,i saved my arrogant duelists once by dancing a jig,it was pretty epic,but you also need to get away as you dance,so a mod like gesture wheel or binds is good for this or if you're the fastest typist in the west,it also works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lammarr said:

Yup,i saved my arrogant duelists once by dancing a jig,it was pretty epic,but you also need to get away as you dance,so a mod like gesture wheel or binds is good for this or if you're the fastest typist in the west,it also works.

i can't believe maxwell can dance with his imaginary friends lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wickerbottom's free pierogi machine.

1- Build two or three Bunny Hutches next to each other.

2- Read On Tentacles once or twice while standing between the hutches.

3- Collect your daily 4 carrots + 2 meats in the morning.

4- (ATTENTION: Most important step) Maniacally laugh at people who need to mine stone fruits for their veggies.

 

*You will get hit by tentacles every now and then so it's not free free.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Bernie taunts by spiders, you can just stand there and hold F because they will never go for you, except warriors because they have more hp. The same thing can be done for bees and houndwaves (if you have a strong enough weapon, but since you're Willow, you probably have a dark sword by now)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I play Wormwood, and the tactic I do with my friend who plays Wortox works pretty well. Live near a killer bee patch and kill them for easy souls and stingers. Wormwood then turns any and all excess health into living logs and Wortox heals the lost health. Combine the living logs and stingers and you have a infinate and easy to amass supply of bramble traps. On a recent playthrough we were able to kill the Deerclops with a batch of traps only neededing to reset half of them once. Then just keep adding to the ever growing batch of bramble traps until they overtake the island as an invasive species.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing a lot of Woodie lately so there are many things that come to mind "aboot" him, but I'll just drop the one I like the most:

Treeguards are your best friends. I keep summoning them not for the living logs, but to drop them in areas like near moose/goose spawners, near pigs, near mactusks houses, and near the base. They are tanky enough to kill most of the things mentioned above (including moslings), plus hound waves and depth worm waves.

They don't regenerate HP so when they eventually die, oh well, free living logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Early game search for salt as Woodie in weregoose form to make a salt box and/or go find some stone fruits, you don't even need a boat for the stone fruits. Weregoose is a good fail safe for boats that are sinking, especially when there is way too many cookie cutters agrroed on your boat
As Warly, mass produce Kabobs or any other easy to obtain food that increases body temperature for winter and put them in a chef pouch, but this  only really works if you're using a winter gear. Good for cave exploring in winter.

As Willow you can cut trees while they are on fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Putting two durians in a crockpot gives you monster lasagna, so technically 4 non-meat items can give a meat item for Wigfrid.

Putting three honey in a crockpot gives you taffy, so technically 4 non-meat items can give a consumeable non-meat item for Wigfrid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bone helmet for willow. Gain full control of Bernie as well as being (almost) immune to nightmare creatures.
Set down Bernie, put on the bone helm and he instantly transforms. He kills what he needs to, and then you take the bone helm off and he instantly shrinks back down for you to pick back up.
(Yes this strat is the inspiration for my PFP)
You can also do this with a nightmare amulet, but you will go through a lot of purple gems if you do it constantly as the amulet loses durability quickly

Another thing is that Willow, and Winiona is a very good pair... for the Willow... having 40 Bernie lives in one stack is so much better than carrying around 8 sewing kits to get the same effect. (im talking about the duct tape winona can craft. Its both much cheaper than sewing kit, and can stack up to 40)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Another thing is that Willow, and Winiona is a very good pair... for the Willow... having 40 Bernie lives in one stack is so much better than carrying around 8 sewing kits to get the same effect. (im talking about the duct tape winona can craft. Its both much cheaper than sewing kit, and can stack up to 40)

Holy crap. I definitely need to do that the next time I play Willow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I've been playing a lot of Woodie lately so there are many things that come to mind "aboot" him, but I'll just drop the one I like the most:

Treeguards are your best friends. I keep summoning them not for the living logs, but to drop them in areas like near moose/goose spawners, near pigs, near mactusks houses, and near the base. They are tanky enough to kill most of the things mentioned above (including moslings), plus hound waves and depth worm waves.

They don't regenerate HP so when they eventually die, oh well, free living logs.

To add onto this:

Mushroom trees are free reign to Woodie as there is no tree guards, so chop all you want with no need for le beaver.

The charge the Moose has can clean up a lot of slurtles and snurtles for a bunch of free armor

waiting until the last moment of hunger or dusk can really help in the early game because you have night vision for 4 min. and have the ability to (task) all you want during those 4 min.

A piggyback is real useful when using the goose for moving stuff out of a area like the ruins, and for the beaver to collect the absurd amount of lumber or rocks you broke your teeth on.

chester/hutch can be carried around everywhere with the eyebone, meaning you don't have to leave chester on the dry land while you go on your futile attempt to find the lunar island. Chester just sort becomes jesus with woodie when this happens. It might be glitch but it doesn't really help since the goose can't use him at all. Chester will also return to you if you go to far from the coast. 

Edit: Chester also helps with the beaver and moose by allowing you to eat/punch him and thus renewing the period before the massive drain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...