Lemonsnoot    231

I would be okay with this sort of change. But i would like it if bigger stronger bosses with these effects started like, during year two, so they dont just anniliate newer players

• Like 3

Poebus    370

i like this idea because the bosses of dst is getting more and more optional.

i would like to fight something that would strike our base or might directly harm survivors if ignored.

• Like 3

Bee2017    186
30 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

People like me who live in the caves still see her as optional. Free rocks/decor/walls baby

Autumn the server is full, Winter only the strong 2-4 survive, Spring a few return and Summer I am alone in the caves.  I agree with Brago-sama living in the caves is easiest in the summer.  No need to fight the Ant.  Only problem is when newbies come to the surface and won't live in the caves.

• Haha 1

PicklePet    35

Personally I always turn her and disease off when I host... after 1 summer where I literally fished for 10 days just to get the goggles to go see her, I'm not a big fan of the whole ordeal. Of course that's not a year 2 problem, but I dunno. I've always seen it as a chore that subtracts from time that I could spend making flower arrangements or something. I can experiment with arrangements - whereas killing or appeasing Antlion is pretty ritualistic, I don't get much from doing it over and over. But so long as things like this have options on them I suppose we're both served!

kiwikenobi    474

I personally turn off the Antlion, because it takes so long to get rid of sinkholes. Feels a little too punishing if you can't quite get to Antlion in time. If the sinkholes could be manually repaired to get rid of them faster, I wouldn't mind so much. Or if they just went away after fewer days. But they don't. So, when I play, usually, off goes Antlion.

That said, I love when the bosses force you to do something about them them, like Bearger and Deerclops. So maybe something more like another giant that actually seeks you out would add that element of keeping the players on their toes. In single player Don't Starve, all four giants will show up and bother you directly at your base, if that's where you are. Don't Starve Together limits Dragonfly to the desert and Moose/Goose to specific nesting places that they won't stray far from. So, more bosses that storm your base and force you to do something about it sounds fun to me. Especially something like Bearger, that actively seeks out your stuff and robs you. An enemy that genuinely makes you angry by violating your space and your property. More of those could make the game more interesting.

• Like 3

minespatch    58,839

I really want to see what a Nox looks like in game before we have more antlion type creatures. Noxes seem to be in the Beefalo type of creatures.

• Like 1

maciu67    338
5 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

What are your thoughts?

Antlion should appear with his wife (because he is a male).

Otherwise DST needs more mechanics like that.

ADM    1,814

As long this don't turn in a The Gorge 2 when you have to feed something all the time I'm okay, I like how the Antlion works and it is also pretty rewarding (for multiplayer especially !!)

• Like 3