What settings do you think would make the game super easy, but fun?

I'm playing with someone who has a low frustration tolerance and is kind of stubborn but likes this games aesthetic(she's sweet fr tho trust me lol). What settings do you think would remove the annoyance factor but still have fun stuff to do and maybe a lil tension still?

Or/also what characters and braindead OP early setups? I wanna hold her attention right away haha.

You can set these annoyance to none

Frog rain

Hound wave

Splumonkey

Mosquito

Tentacle

Antlion

Also season too

Remove spring, summer

Set rain to low

Make autumn longer

That should remove some frustrating mechanic from the game, seasonal boss is fun and intense so i wouldn't want to remove them, anyway, hope this help!

There are many factors that you should consider before making the game easier or playing the default world.

Is she playing just to play with you, without much interest in the game/s?

Does she want or is able to put up with the game as it is, does she have the drive to learn DST?

Do you have the time to play and  teach her or will it be just for fun 30 minutes a day?

To be honest, i'd just turn off summer fires, so forest doesn't ignite and this mechanic makes it really annoying burning the world if you stay on the surface. As a really big fan of the caves, i have a second base down there and i spend summer while killing ancient guardian and gathering stuff down there.

Problem for newer players is that even the surface takes a really long time to learn and kill everything perfectly, it would be hard to introduce her to caves on her first summer.

The best choice is set frog rain to less, hound/worm/antlion attacks to less, but never disabling any feature because it will cause surprises you don't want to, and you may need get used to it, if you like some more food setting berries and carrots to more, wildfires to less.

That what I think, I like to show my friends every mechanic of the game so I don't like disabling seasons and create caves, have fun!

I also highly suggest checking out many of the workshops many mods! They require single button pressed to install and allow you to get many features that are incredibly useful. I would suggest Campfire respawn, many of the status mods, etc. Sort by highest rated and pick what you like.

There is a No Sweat Mode on the mobile version of DS that does a number of things to make the game easy- Disables overheating and freezing to death, disables your hunger & insanity meter so you never starve or go insane, you can just peacefully go around the world exploring.. (things will still hurt and try to kill you though like spiders.)

I dont know about everyone else, but one thing i did when just starting out was set Berries, carrots, grass, saplings, trees, flint, and rocks to Lots. Then i set hounds, spiders, tentacles, deerclops, clockworks, and rain to None

It makes for one hell of an easy (yet also chaotic) experience

Thanks everyone!

She likes the aesthetic of the game, we played a few times in the past.

She is going through a rough time, her back is really messed up at a super young age from her scoliosis progressing and feels useless and like she is decaying a lot. So frustration tolerance is a bit lower lol.

I want an option for “More, and Lots More” toggles for every item in the game..

the Mobile versions of DS and DS:Shipwrecked have this feature, so it seems silly as hell that the PC & the Console edition does not.

If achievements are the reason why I can not have a “more & lots more” feature on console then SCREW IT do it like Minecraft and give players a notification that playing in custom worlds will disable the ability to unlock achievements.

i already disable the Winter season until I can learn how to better properly survive it... so technically I’m already “cheating” to get my 80 days survived achievements SO with that said-

@JoeW

Why doesn’t Console version of DST have a “More & Lots More” toggle like the Mobile versions of DS?

Archived