Achievements broken?

some achievements like Carnivore and Super Sustainable having 0% global  complete rate...there should be some player got it by now.

especially Super Sustainable..I been using mouse wheel for 50 cycle....it should be more ,even double the amount of energy generated...
Btw anywhere we could check the number on achievements? like the sum of meat I ate until i finished Carnivore  etc...

3 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Might be something about them not tracking.

Hmm, I thought the same.

I couln´t explain nobody having earned "Oxygen Not Occluded" achievement in an other way. ^^

[Oxygen Not Occluded: Just sending 1000kg of oxygen through a gas vent ...]

Pretty sure it rounds down from 0.049% to 0%.

The first non-0% achievement is "Tune up" with 0.1%. It's feasible that less than 0.1% of players have Carnivore since it's rather hard to get.

It probably sorts them by displayed value, though. I'd expect Super Sustainable to have genuine 0% rate since it's bugged.

Yep, it rounds down. Kind of wonder if its still in order. Would mean more people have super sustainable than carnivore That and very few are willing to feed smooth hatches :P.

Spoiler

meh.thumb.png.932d48ae09f8b2bb063ffebd7894c3a3.png

1 hour ago, noric said:

Yep, it rounds down. Kind of wonder if its still in order. Would mean more people have super sustainable than carnivore That and very few are willing to feed smooth hatches :P.

Hide contents

meh.thumb.png.932d48ae09f8b2bb063ffebd7894c3a3.png

i wonder if smooth hatch could be done across saves.....1 single colony for 10t seem a bit....

....Fxxk I just found out I was using daily report remove mod....it wipe all data every few date....I only used up 50k cal of food in 70 cycle lol

Lots of them are busted.  I haven't played since a couple of major updates ago and so the achievements were a complete surprise to me.  I have "earned" achievements without actually meeting the requirements.  Ex. I built one nature reserve and then hours later I got the achievement for having multiple ones.

There was some other one I got for automation as well before I even had the automation overlay.  The launch release feels rushed.

32 minutes ago, LookingForBaal said:

There was some other one I got for automation as well before I even had the automation overlay.  The launch release feels rushed.

I believe this one comes from the generated objects on the map. If some of them were connected with automation cables then you get achievement.

Well, I can confirm that I've gotten a few of the achievements already.
image.thumb.png.389e8ad569971972d4827a4e9595489d.png

So they can work, and I haven't noticed any bugs specifically regarding them myself.  One thing I did notice is that if you started your map before the Steam achievements went live, you may have achievements you got on that colony, but didn't get Steam credit for. 

I do not believe it checks existing achievements of a colony and gives you Steam achievements accordingly.  I think it only gives the Steam achievement when it gives the colony achievement initially.

13 hours ago, Merkury90 said:

I believe this one comes from the generated objects on the map. If some of them were connected with automation cables then you get achievement.

That looks like the same issue there was with the achivement for building outside the startr biome that you`d get for ruins objects spawning. They fixed that one but forgot to apply the fix to the new one they added last update.

Oxygen Not Occluded

Distribute 1000kg of Oxygen using gas vents.

Feels so wrong to have an achievment like this in the game.

[Or did I miss something and there is already a counter for gas vents implemented ?]

Adding an achievment which requires additional calculations, in a game mostly limited through our hardware seems out of place.

[Same goes for other achievements ...]

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Oxygen Not Occluded

Distribute 1000kg of Oxygen using gas vents.

Feels so wrong to have an achievment like this in the game.

[Or did I miss something and there is already a counter for gas vents implemented ?]

Adding an achievment which requires additional calculations, in a game mostly limited through our hardware seems out of place.

[Same goes for other achievements ...]

I am confidant that achievements aren't having any meaningful effect. I dove into the decompiled code a bit recently and achievements are checked once every 5 seconds, for the what, 32 achievements? That's nothing!

Compare that to something like heat or fluid flow, which is calculated multiple times per second, every second, for every tile and item on the revealed map.

Performance is rightly a concern, but achievements? Pff. You'll accrue more CPU workload digging to the surface than you would by adding another 100 achievements.:D

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

(I failed Carnivore though) :?

A hint for next time -- Carnivore now counts cooked meat and all kinds of fish (including Surf & Turf and the Frost Burger)!

In other news, I have a good idea why "Super Sustainable" feels bugged -- it doesn't count manual generators. But the mod I wrote to test things definitely started counting joules from my hydrogen generators, at least.

Would that be useful? A mod that allows folks to see progress towards their achievements?

Should make sense to track:
 - Totally Tubular
 - Tune Up For What
 - Locavore
 - Oxygen Not Occluded
 - Pulling Back The Veil
 - Critter Whisperer
 - Get a Room
 - Super Sustainable
 - Carnivore
 - Down the Hatch

I can't promise a fancy UI to SHOW them, but I can definitely grab the data and make it accessible...

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

(I failed Carnivore though) :?

Just started playing this weekend and got carnivore 5 min ago

After playing for 80 cycles, I started to panic and just take in new duplicants if I wasn´t offered something better^^ [Like a vole]

=> Having a way to track the achievement progression would be great ;) [And beeing able to see if you "failed" an achievement.]

50 minutes ago, Red Shark said:

A hint for next time -- Carnivore now counts cooked meat and all kinds of fish (including Surf & Turf and the Frost Burger)!

In other news, I have a good idea why "Super Sustainable" feels bugged -- it doesn't count manual generators. But the mod I wrote to test things definitely started counting joules from my hydrogen generators, at least.

Would that be useful? A mod that allows folks to see progress towards their achievements?

Should make sense to track:
 - Totally Tubular
 - Tune Up For What
 - Locavore
 - Oxygen Not Occluded
 - Pulling Back The Veil
 - Critter Whisperer
 - Get a Room
 - Super Sustainable
 - Carnivore
 - Down the Hatch

I can't promise a fancy UI to SHOW them, but I can definitely grab the data and make it accessible...

no joke...from manual to solar?????? how the helll I gonna skip all thing...

1 hour ago, Red Shark said:

Sigh, I have 6 dupes "training" on hamster wheels just to get that one. Looks like it mass solar farming or bust..... those work right? O and I would use that mod.  

edit: Guess sweaty dupes running in place != clean energy. 

I think there is something messed up in the tracking because yesterday I created 1 nature reserve in my base and got the achievement for having "4 nature reserves".  Now, granted, there were areas with wild plants around me, but I had only created 1 park sign, so it doesn't make sense why it popped so early.  I would think the game would track how many signs were placed as well as how many rooms there are before triggering this achievement.

I haven't attempted the harder achievements yet but I've seen people complaining about them not working so I have been holding off on trying.

25 minutes ago, DemainaNyx said:

I think there is something messed up in the tracking because yesterday I created 1 nature reserve in my base and got the achievement for having "4 nature reserves"

I remember more people saying this was bugged, something to with the check messing things up?

6 hours ago, Ambaire said:

What? Why the hell not?

I think it's oversight, honestly. Manual Generators are tracked separately from all other types of Generator (because they generate chores, I believe).

The achievement only checks Generators, not Manual Generators (and the Energy Sim class tracks them separately)

Here ya go:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825510169

Fun fact -- I think "Oxygen Not Occluded" is also misleadingly bugged. It appears there was a unit conversion error somewhere in the setup of that one, so it appears to be looking for 100,000 kg of oxygen distributed! That's probably why the achievement rate is so low!

And, as I've mentioned earlier, "Carnivore" allows for Meat AND Fish (and their cooked equivalents) as well as Surf & Turf and Frost Burgers -- so cook the meat and you can save yourself 25% dead critters!

example.thumb.png.12812502796ccb448882a72a79349de1.png

Give it a try and let me know if it appears to track correctly -- I wasn't in a position to verify some of the trackers, like Tube Transit or Smooth Hatch ranching.

Archived