The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

11 hours ago, Cairath said:

As promised, you can now filter maps by traits as well! I've also added a crude visual guide how to use the found maps in game because due to the (still unfixed :( ) bug pasting the entire coordinate does not work.

I've also added some cache-invalidating code which should solve issues of having to do a cache clear. If someone still is forced to do a hard-cache clear (ctrl+f5) to see changes please let me know which browser it is!

for further conversations please go to this thread :)

The down side of your cache changes are that when you return to the site, it does not remember your last settings...that was kind of nice "feature" before....

13 minutes ago, chemie said:

The down side of your cache changes are that when you return to the site, it does not remember your last settings...that was kind of nice "feature" before....

This change is unrelated and intentional. Possibly will come back later, but trying to parse a saved state while I'm still doing changes to the filter can sometimes be very annoying to ensure that it doesn't break.

Orrrr now that I have the version-checker I could connect both and invalidate saved filters when the version changes. Something to figure out for me :p

10 hours ago, Promethien said:

Thanks for the manual seed selector Cairath.

Thank you again, for your work Cairath.

But what I really want to do is run an automatic upload for seeds only fulfilling my requirements.  (Considering the slow upload times ...)

[Sure, I can generate with your trait finder all interesting maps and manually load every seeds ....

But I would love a way to "feed" the automatic uploader a list of seeds to use or an filter to check before loading a seed.

I have a very elaborate filter setup, just to find potential seeds. The current 22.500 map database only lists 6 of these maps.]

Bump, an update!

• Graphical overhaul
  • Mod updates: both automatic and manual versions to v2
    • Moved generating visualization of the world map to the mod - upload per map might be a bit longer, but the server should be more stable now
    • Added error handling (automatic restart) in the automatic mod when map generation error occurs and the game gets stuck on 'Let's try that again'
    • Fixed a bug in the manual uploader that would generate incorrect map visualizations on consecutive uploads. Unfortunately some maps had to be removed (2%).
  • Moved World Trait generation tools to the client side (browser)
    • It's now quicker
    • It doesn't bother the server ;)
  • World traits are now colored! Yay for colors
  • World trait tools: added generating traits for a given seed number in addition to finding seed numbers

and as usual link to the main thread:

4 hours ago, Cairath said:

Fixed a bug in the manual uploader that would generate incorrect map visualizations on consecutive uploads. Unfortunately some maps had to be removed (2%).

I had the map I wanted to play on deleted. I wonder if the geyser information was correct and only the map visualisation affected by this bug.

Here is all the information from that map:

Spoiler

2DBBDC23-445A-41E5-A311-EDC13F16CB8D.thumb.png.562118e19c7d776338ee31279eb6a0ca.png65670C72-0F14-4746-BAFF-7FB0F5B70877.thumb.png.a209753e4ec562450090a7a9a5a32288.png759E6B7E-7AF1-4221-8349-30B63EBC1B7A.thumb.png.c6360f0b44d2b7d3e7408dea499a10bd.png14D4A5D4-EFD9-432E-84AB-B2050D87A7CA.thumb.png.5c1a5182ba68914dde0e6efaeeb200ab.pngC26D97BC-E7E4-4877-8B28-851BB4F0067B.thumb.png.87f7b07162cabbde1696fe5d42d2bdb8.pngC00C117D-1609-4772-BC2D-E90AFB617BE2.thumb.png.7ab5410c5a316aeab5dfec3d871a3a1f.png31BC692C-B454-418F-AD25-DA8A151C7FA0.thumb.png.d337b7523d9d200144021c69b1325f00.png09FAC994-75A6-44F1-B04E-B246BCF78F84.thumb.png.f9f1f9e39060547fdec07e71df97a1f2.pngCE62BCF4-0D85-4A90-B91B-15633CAA5755.thumb.png.5e36fed87cb3deb0f44faf5ab3feea05.png0EE6EFFE-8C53-4DC6-A386-C5E1D18CAF67.thumb.png.690fa71403f85658d633c3ba65c6cd0d.png

4 hours ago, AMBLCO said:

I had the map I wanted to play on deleted. I wonder if the geyser information was correct and only the map visualisation affected by this bug

Geyser info was not affected, only map visualizations. I've reuploaded the above map, now with correct worldmap: https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/map/47359

Ooh forgot about it in the changelog:

hovering over a planet on the starmap will now display what the resources the planet has

4dd7a8c482.png

It looks like the seed for the map I'm currently playing on was deleted?  It's Rime and the seed is 101792, so I think the seed is S-FRZ-101792-0, but searching for that string or just the seed number gives no results.

1 hour ago, cblack said:

It looks like the seed for the map I'm currently playing on was deleted?  It's Rime and the seed is 101792, so I think the seed is S-FRZ-101792-0, but searching for that string or just the seed number gives no results.

The one who runs the site said that they needed to purge some of the entries yesterday due to incorrect maps being generated. 

45 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Go and upload some of those then! :p

Any way I can force the game to roll these traits without removing the .yaml files? Or does removing .yaml files not mess up the seed number anymore (fat chance I fear :< )

If there is a way to reliably roll such asteroids I'll happily upload a bunch!

14 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Any way I can force the game to roll these traits without removing the .yaml files? Or does removing .yaml files not mess up the seed number anymore (fat chance I fear :< )

If there is a way to reliably roll such asteroids I'll happily upload a bunch!

Currently manual only - sorry! Very busy with irl work at the moment.

42 minutes ago, abud said:

Sorry to bug you @Cairath

Can we have "open in map browser" instead of "visit site" link in manual uploader?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.8e40a951472058954a9763a94358c9cc.png

so it will open link like this https://toolsnotincluded.net/map-tools/map-browser/map/48197

I'll see what I can do. Currently the mod doesn't care whether the map is added successfully or gets rejected and I'd need to add some additional communication for that.

I could not help but notice that that asteroid has 6, six!, volcanoes...lol. How on earthy-asteroid, why?, uhh, blergh??!? You are going to play that map?

And now at second glance 3 cop vol's what on earth will you do with that bad, bad, bad, very bad, so very bad seed?

I mean 15 oil thingies is kinda neat, i guess? :) I am so confused.

Umm, I found issue. This is not actually mod issue, but people might be confused. Step to reproduce:

1. Close browser (I'm using firefox)
  2. Open the game, generate seed, upload
  3. Click on that "visit site", will automatically open browser
  4. Exit the game

Steam will see that game still running until we close browser too. It will prevent opening game again.

6 minutes ago, Slvrsrfr said:

I could not help but notice that that asteroid has 6, six!, volcanoes...lol. How on earthy-asteroid, why?

Rime has volcanoes in magma biome, not just magma like other asteroids.

32 minutes ago, abud said:

Umm, I found issue. This is not actually mod issue, but people might be confused. Step to reproduce:

1. Close browser (I'm using firefox)
  2. Open the game, generate seed, upload
  3. Click on that "visit site", will automatically open browser
  4. Exit the game

Steam will see that game still running until we close browser too. It will prevent opening game again

Argh, that's odd and unfortunately I can't do anything with it. But the issue with steam not recognising the game as closed happens way more often, mod-less as well

I thought so, only steam can fix it. Any new windows process that started by a game will be counted by steam as part of the game. I remember seeing bug report about exit game but still running in steam, just realized might be opening another process from game.

Well, at least we know. So we can give explanation if someone confused when his steam said game still running.

hmm, i recall being able to search for/by geysers specifically. It's how I found a wonderful seed to play when i bought the game, a few weeks ago. I may not be using it correctly, or some of it migrated over to the mod, like your update/change log mentioned. I'm not sure what may be different. I thought I found it by searching for geysers(a cool slush), then widening it by selecting a few more preferred types. As opposed to searching by world gen traits, metal rich, geodormant, etc. It seems i can only search by traits now...

Archived