The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

3 hours ago, Slvrsrfr said:

hmm, i recall being able to search for/by geysers specifically. It's how I found a wonderful seed to play when i bought the game, a few weeks ago. I may not be using it correctly, or some of it migrated over to the mod, like your update/change log mentioned. I'm not sure what may be different. I thought I found it by searching for geysers(a cool slush), then widening it by selecting a few more preferred types. As opposed to searching by world gen traits, metal rich, geodormant, etc. It seems i can only search by traits now...

Look harder, man. That hasn't changed.... you can still filter with all the rules.

19 hours ago, Cairath said:

Currently manual only - sorry! Very busy with irl work at the moment.

Oh no no I know! No rush whatsoever you've already done amazing work on the utility. I was just wondering if there's a way for me to coax the game to roll maps with these traits other than plain deleting .yaml files :) Or if something's changed and maps with deleted .yaml files work fine with TNI. Though I figured it was a long shot. I can't quite get that combination a lot when all the .yamls are in the folder.

Boulders. Boulders everywhere.

1 minute ago, Ellilea said:

Oh no no I know! No rush whatsoever you've already done amazing work on the utility. I was just wondering if there's a way for me to coax the game to roll maps with these traits other than plain deleting .yaml files :) Or if something's changed and maps with deleted .yaml files work fine with TNI. Though I figured it was a long shot. I can't quite get that combination a lot when all the .yamls are in the folder.

Boulders. Boulders everywhere.

Deleting .yaml files messes up the world gen, so nay :p The way I've seen people do it is just use the trait finder to generate seed lists for the traits they want then upload them with the manual mod

ok, so thanks for the encouragement, aka kick to pants... I got it...!

it really is a great tool...

So i noticed the geyser production number just keeps going up....Is the number in relation to the total production, or the individual geyser, which is what i assumed.

But, the common factor in these is that they all have 5 cold slush, so is the 7kg/sec for what they will all produce on avg? Or one of them actually produces 7kg/sec while erupting?

image.thumb.png.e0ec6b02645bd26fc43b9a321e58ec28.png

BTW some of these are pretty incredible.

I am not trying to break your tool.

The trait finder was just what I meant about forcing the game to get the desired traits :D Didn't know that's what it did. Didn't know you can generate same seed on different asteroids either, thought each seed had the type assigned.

Anyhow uploaded 10 of these seeds today but I'm really short on time currently. But hey, it's a marathon not a race. Thanks.

20 hours ago, cblack said:

Is the manual submitter broken?  I'm subscribed to it on Steam, but when I go to submit, the mod complains that it's out of date (1.0 while the current version is 2.0).

No it is not broken. Steam/game have issues updating mods correctly. Can try manually deleting the mod folder to force it to re-download but thats as much as I can help with that issue

A new tool!

Starmap Generatorsimilarly to the World Trait Finder/Generator..whatever you call it, select the space destinations you want on your map and the tool will generate you a list of seeds which have at least one of the space destinations you specified. Also allows displaying visualization of a starmap for a chosen seed.

Note: due to some mathsy stuff that I currently have no time to fix, the max seed number is currently capped at 1.8bil.

Some tooltip errors, and a question.

For the tooltip error, there are a few traits in the Browser page that have slightly off names.  "Deep Oil" instead of "Buried Oil", and "Magma Vents" instead of "Magma Channels".  This is further confused by it's inconsistency with the World Trait Finder page, which has the correct trait names.

As for the question...  If I have a mod enabled that removes all the Boulder traits, and I use a seed from the Browser that does actually have a Boulder trait, will that alter the world gen and give a different map than what the Browser shows?

Archived