The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

3 minutes ago, Cairath said:

I already mentioned in this thread that trait filter will come during the weekend:)

Cool. It's looking good. Any plans to hide planets in the search results? Similar to hiding geysers that aren't present.

6 minutes ago, Loscil2 said:

Heads up: made sure the game was updated but for some reason when generating a new asteroid I encountered metal poor metal rich asteroid.

Metal poor is more "Metal Scarce" in that veins are smaller... I think.

Metal rich is more "Dense Metal" in that each tile has more mass... again, I think.

Thus the two aren't actually mutually exclusive.

Still probably a bug though.

55 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Metal rich is more "Dense Metal" in that each tile has more mass... again, I think.

they are exclusive. I posted a list of the combos.

I have to sleep, its way too late and I have work in the morning. I'll finish up tomorrow. I set the minimum version upload to the new patch and it's safe to continue uploading. Some seeds maps may get rejected due to the trait changes, but the percentage of affected maps is in the single digits

4 hours ago, Yunru said:

Both affect vein size (bandwidth) and mass, however to a different degree like geoactive adds 4 and dormant removes 3

I just wanted to say that thanks to this tools I've been able to be (absurdly) selective and find precisely the kind of world I was looking for.
I don't have much time to play so I wanted to first play in a seed that basically had everything. I was able to find a Verdante with almost every planet/gayser and, with Large Glaciers, Wolframite as well.
I would not have been able to do that without this tool, so a hearthfelt thanks to you @Cairath and everyone who collaborated/is colloborating in this database!
Thanks!

The aftermath:

466 maps having conflicting Metal Rich+Metal Poor / Geoactive+Geodormant combos have been removed

450 maps having that changed because of boulder changes have been removed

which results in  916 out of 13381 maps lost (only 6.8%)

The Trait Finder algorithm on the website has also been updated.

I'd really like if we moved to the tool's original thread, I keep losing track what I said where, lol.  

3 minutes ago, abud said:

Nice, let them sort it out. We players can't do much about base game bug. Bug tracker the right way to go.

Must be on his side. The seed generates just fine, and he most likely just needs to run file verification on steam.

f86c987e66.png

I've generated a few hundred since yesterday and it never occurred :p

Just now, Cairath said:

I've generated a few hundred since yesterday and it never occurred

But we on windows, it might just affect linux build or something. My suspicion leans into naming (like case sensitive). But I agree with you, verify integrity on steam should be done first.

Replied on the bug tracker... How odd. All mods I have is your map tool and thats it. No other mod. No tampering.

By the way, my game is on linux. Might that be the issue?

And yeah I did check integrity and reloaded the game -> put the seed and the problem persists.

I generated the test cases in Linux, I suppose I should generate new ones in windows? Sorry! I didn't know.

6 minutes ago, Cairath said:

The names are identical in this case. Let's leave it to the bugtracker though.. lets not derail the thread further

As promised, you can now filter maps by traits as well! I've also added a crude visual guide how to use the found maps in game because due to the (still unfixed :( ) bug pasting the entire coordinate does not work.

I've also added some cache-invalidating code which should solve issues of having to do a cache clear. If someone still is forced to do a hard-cache clear (ctrl+f5) to see changes please let me know which browser it is!

for further conversations please go to this thread :)

Archived