The Map Browser - Tools Not Included - has been updated!

15 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Well, they need to fix the memory leak (preferable over fixing the modloader which ofc would also be neat) anyway before one can upload seeds en masse. It could take me only 45 seconds from starting to generate a new map to generating another one (yeah I used a stop watch, so what?~), meaning, while I was at work for ~4 hours, I could have uploaded over 300 seeds but alas at around 10 maps, ONI was stuck with 7.3GB bouncing between two values when I tried before.

Probably would upload seeds while sleeping as well since I need to keep my machine running. You know about PCs crashing when overheating? Well, mine does it too but it also and completely freezes when it was out cold. Though it depends on how loud my PC will then be (usually I restart it when I go to sleep and it can get pretty loud)

I think I've got you beat on the memory leak...

heavy memory.png

11 minutes ago, axxionx12 said:

Haha yes I have 48gb of RAM. And it's almost full. I'm still unsure why I decided to buy so much...

I thought me having 32GB was an overkill.. then I noticed having 5+ visual studio instances open at all times certainly does like to eat all the ram xD

World traits can now be "exclusive", so Metal Rich/Metal Poor and Geoactive/Geodormant can't roll on the same world.
Boulder world traits will less frequently appear on the same world.

Are we starting over?

Edit: I believe so.  I took a "metal rich/poor" seed and then entered that and got metal poor but the other 3 were different traits which would affect the geysers (no deep oil in the last build)  HTFST-A-278008075-0

The best case happened - only seeds with the affected traits have been invalidated. 

BoulderLarge (exclusive:BouldersMixed)
BoulderMedium (exclusive: BoulderLarge)
BouldersMixed (exclusive: BouldersSmall)
BouldersSmall (exclusive: BoulderMedium)
DeepOil (exclusive: none)
FrozenCore (exclusive: none)
GeoActive (exclusive: GeoDormant)
Geodes (exclusive: none)
GeoDormant (exclusive: GeoActive)
GlaciersLarge (exclusive: none)
IrregularOil (exclusive: none)
MagmaVents (exclusive: none)
MetalPoor (exclusive: MetalRich)
MetalRich (exclusive: MetalPoor)
MisalignedStart (exclusive: none)
SlimeSplats (exclusive: none)
SubsurfaceOcean (exclusive: none)
Volcanoes (exclusive: none)

I am sensing issues with boulders which seem to be mixed up and will likely be fixed. Or actually this may be intended, nvm.

Moreover I will try to filter out only worlds that generate different set of traits after the changes not to remove maps that have only one of the changed traits.

Tldr, not bad, seems to be minimal. I'll block uploads for now while I am working on it.

There's also a lot of people trying to upload worlds with modded traits which makes me sad. Sigh.

5 minutes ago, Cairath said:

There's also a lot of people trying to upload worlds with modded traits which makes me sad. Sigh.

Maybe some sanity checks since we know the intended minimums and maximums, or not listing a world until it has an independent match?

1 minute ago, Yunru said:

Maybe some sanity checks since we know the intended minimums and maximums, or not listing a world until it has an independent match?

independent match would be statistically improbable.

Is there a way to detected modded or not?  If any mods are on, dont accept?

1 minute ago, Yunru said:

Oh they are getting rejected just fine - all seeds have to pass a trait check on the server which runs the same algorithm as the game. I'm just sad that people can't read or just straight ignore the 100 warnings about turning off world modifications.

Just now, chemie said:

independent match would be statistically improbable.

Is there a way to detected modded or not?  If any mods are on, dont accept?

I have some checks in place, but not everything is detectable. Modded new traits and asteroids are getting booted just fine though :p I just sigh at the rejection log.

1 minute ago, Cairath said:

Oh they are getting rejected just fine - all seeds have to pass a trait check on the server which runs the same algorithm as the game. I'm just sad that people can't read or just straight ignore the 100 warnings about turning off world modifications.

I have some checks in place, but not everything is detectable. Modded new traits and asteroids are getting booted just fine though :p I just sigh at the rejection log.

... well intended idiots.

I have a favor to ask. Would someone generate some test cases for me? They are in such form:

new object[] { 1177363889, new List<string> { BouldersLarge.Key, FrozenCore.Key, MetalPoor.Key }},

using these keys:

BouldersLarge
			BouldersMedium
			BouldersMixed
			BouldersSmall
			DeepOil 
			FrozenCore
			GeoActive
			Geodes
			GeoDormant
			GlaciersLarge
			IrregularOil
			MagmaVents
			MetalPoor
			MetalRich
			MisalignedStart
			SlimeSplats
			SubsurfaceOcean
			Volcanoes

Asteroids don't matter, just seeds. Even if a few people would check just a few random seeds it'd be a great help to me time-wise, I want to finish it before I go to sleep and it's quite late already. I'd appreciate it!

2 minutes ago, Cairath said:

I have a favor to ask. Would someone generate some test cases for me? They are in such form:

new object[] { 1177363889, new List<string> { BouldersLarge.Key, FrozenCore.Key, MetalPoor.Key }},

using these keys:

BouldersLarge
			BouldersMedium
			BouldersMixed
			BouldersSmall
			DeepOil 
			FrozenCore
			GeoActive
			Geodes
			GeoDormant
			GlaciersLarge
			IrregularOil
			MagmaVents
			MetalPoor
			MetalRich
			MisalignedStart
			SlimeSplats
			SubsurfaceOcean
			Volcanoes

Asteroids don't matter, just seeds. Even if a few people would check just a few random seeds it'd be a great help to me time-wise, I want to finish it before I go to sleep and it's quite late already. I'd appreciate it!

And in go into the game and check random seeds and reporting back?

Heres some more I just generated

new object[] { 1661743129, new List<string> { SlimeSplats.Key, MisalignedStart.Key, MetalRich.Key, GlaciersLarge.Key }},
new object[] { 2051831700, new List<string> { GeoDormant.Key, MisalignedStart.Key, FrozenCore.Key, DeepOil.Key }},
new object[] { 804410186, new List<string> { Geodes.Key, DeepOil.Key, BouldersMixed.Key, GeoDormant.Key }},
new object[] { 844727156, new List<string> { DeepOil.Key, MetalRich.Key }},

Thanks for YOUR hard work.

Archived