Why Woodie Sucks, and how to Fix him

10 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

So a lot of people are saying that the collecting wood part needs to be sped up, well you know how after a hound wave all the monstermeat is lying around seperated, but when you leave the area and come back the monstermeat somehow neatly organizes into multiple stacks of 2-4? What if Woodie had a perk that allowed harvested items (or just wood) to drop already stacked together? Too powerful?

Ive been struggling to see a way for Woodie to have a reason to magically pick up all logs, but this kinda makes sense, since if Woodie is an experienced lumberjack, having logs already in a stack of 3 when dropped from the tree could hint that Woodie made a super-clean chop and the rest of the tree is still intact?

Anyways Im down for this.

I mean it doesn't have to just be logs, it could be rocks and gold and pinecones too. Like anything he harvest that drops multiple of an item gets stacked.

Edit: The reason im so fixated on item stacks is because how it is now Woodie would need a huge buff for me to consider even using them on a team, a giant like bearger or deerclops does a much better job of cutting down the forest, but if woodie were to shave time off of how long it takes to gather wood in any way I would consider choosing him.

I love playing wormwood.

Giving the woodie 2 living logs feels great because I'm able to help him control his power.

Hopefully his power becomes a high risk high reward tool, and his base form is a real man of the wilds perks.

Currently it feels high risk/ meh reward, and lightly seasoned base form.

Woodie buffs/nerfs

+1 extra log for every tree chopped by Woodie/Werebeaver

+ wooden chest only cost 2 boards

+ can carry double the amount of wood items such as pinecones (80), boards (20), living logs (40), logs (40) and twigs (80)

+ transform at fullmoons and 0 beaverness not at 25!

+/- can lower beaverness -10 by eating grass/reeds

- loses his extra friendship perk and his beard insulation

Werebeaver buffs/nerfs (pretty much the same as canis, here's a more simple format)

+ tail thumper (uproots crops/trunks) 68 dmg but slow rewind 

+ halve the sanity drain from -90 to -45, double sanity drain on fullmoons 

+34 dmg per bite, 2x dmg for tree guards 

+100% immune to wetness/cold, 90% dmg resistance

- is considered a monster (that beaver is big as a grizzly)

- Woodie forgets were the beaver has been

- Woodie gets drowsy after the beaver and his hunger/sanity drops or jumps to 35

Everyone's focusing on the wood chopping theme but with Maxwell I feel it's a lost cause.

Like yeah still work on it so lucy/beaver form arent hot garbage compared to maxie but personally I would love it more if he becomes more then just a wood collecting afishionado

With his friendly Canadian theme, they could make it so pigmen can stay focused during the dusk because they like woodie enough to not be scared (sweet Canadian vibes 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜) )Way better then that extra time bonus he has now. Maybe he can even befriend fishermen (A far stretch I know)

Maybe lucy stays a bad weapon unless confronted with a tree monster (treegaurd, birchnutter) in which case it deals something like 50-60 damage. Not bad for an infinite durability tool. Or heck, maybe he can literally chop them down and starts doing a chop animation against a treegaurd like he did in the forge with enemies 

Broken record here but maple syrup. He's Canadian. According to google Canada makes 80% of the worlds supply of it. It would fit so nice thematically. Maybe everyone can gather it but only he can make tappers, or use it in a way other players can't. Maybe it could be used to suppress his beaver form during a full moon in some sort of food/craftable? (Jerky covered maple syrup for an anti beaver amulet. Ridiculous yes. Wilba copy and paste yes. Yummy yes)

Considering woodie appears to be an outdoors kind of guy, and all the crazy stuff that lives in the Canadian woods (Goose, Wolves, Bears sAsqUAtCH) maybe he's really good at identifying animal markings and finds footprints more often, or finds them more quickly, or heck maybe can tell what it'll be before it appears. Something along those lines.

I ran put of ideas to vomit but you get the picture. He's more then just a tree cutter, or rather he could be.

Make him do more crafting items using wood, like a beaver's lodge for example with a few twigs, logs and maybe stones, in there he can easily transform back and forth (or just back) after sleeping for a few seconds which would help with the problem someone pointed about being unable to easily go back to Woodie with certain balance changes.An if you don't use the lodge, you'll transform with less stats or whatever balancing may work here to make it a worthwhile building to make, except full moon transformations, those he should be really OP stat wise as a beaver but be nearly dead when transformed back without the lodge, plus he should be forced to transform back after the night ends.

As a woodie main, I really like your ideas for him. 

Luce acting as a better warnin system would give more reason to remember to bring her around,, I drop her and don't realise until I'm a beaver, in,, bad situations. 

The tail slap thing sounds fun. Even if it's like, useless for everything else but uprootin stumps it sounds fun and I love the concept. 

Archived