EVRY NEW CONTENT = Wigfrid gets nerfed

its a pain as wigfrid player seeing any new content gets added. for example in DS. she was kinda the new op char from the dlc reign of giants. then SW came out and she got unplayable cause of coffee. speed is the most value perk in any situation and she cant use this new godlike item. exploring the map on a boat without coffee is no fun at all. same with hamlet. and i dont cry about using coffee in boss fights. its just the walking all the time. also things like farms and bees are useless for an efficient wigfrid playstyle. 

now in DST with warly she cant eat the most of his new foods. its not only the perks im crying about. the problem arent the buffs(Except coffee) which i miss with her. the big problem is the content i miss. now evryone is happy about warly and his new recipes. me as wig palyer eehhhhh im not so happy. actually i havent tried which foods i cant eat with her but the most dont have meat in the recipe so i assume i cant eat them. evryone is excited to try evrything out and im just standing there and dont care about the damage and defense buffs cause i was already strong enough to face evry enemie in the game. in the past the team was always very happy to have a wig at boss fights. now evryone is a wig xxD same as wormwood came out. evrybody is freking out how cool he is for food but not so much for me. same with wortox. hes healing is cool but as wig you have always enough time and hp to eat in fights cause she can tank a lot free hits. so if you have 10 pirogie youre fine. with wortox its kinda to easy so for me its not so cool. 

nvm what i just wanted to say its kinda sad to miss content like farms and bees and cactus and glow berries and lilchen and all these things. they are not completely useless ( i can use them as filler or for pirogie) but not worth the effort. but for example when i play DS i like to have coffee. not just cause of the perk. also cause i like to go and dig them and plant them and make a nice looking pen and harvest them. its a part of the game which you miss as wigfrid.

i just hope klei wont ever add a speed boost in dst which wigfrid cant consume. it would kill her as char immidiatly. imagine youre at base with your friends and you decide to go and kill walrus or bee queen or what ever and your friends walk with 300% speed there and have to wait for wigfrid. if there is a warly in the team they will kill the boss before wig arrives xxxxxxxxxD yea thats brings me to my topic. evrything what gets added in dst makes wig weaker. i was always the savior of my team. winonas catapults, bernie, wortoxs healing, warlys food buffs they all stole parts of wigs job and make her lesser needed.

nvm this is not a hate speech. i can just hope klei is doing a good job to balance evrything when its finished and im pretty sure they will. have all a nice day. but not wolfgang. i hope he breaks his leg and cant come to the next boss fight :p

8 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

She just can’t eat the nightmare pie and the temperature altering specialty food. Surprisingly she can eat the volt goat jelly so she’s not missing out on a whole lot to be totally honest.

yea but specially these 2 are very fun. its new gameplay. you dont need to carry a thermalstone and the magic pie sounds a lot of fun and i saw people do crazy thigns with it on youtube. the thermal food makes me really sad. i assume i can eat the waterproof food cause it has meat in it. thats such a game changer. you can kill tons of merms when spring starts with the new electric food buff and make these food for whole spring. its always a pain to walk with umbrellas till evryone has an eyebrella. this makes playing spring completely different then before. it adds more variaty to evry season how you play it. and i like that a lot. so im very sad i cant eat the thermal food and so my playstyle will stay the same as before. you guys can deicide if you want to farm for food or to carry a thermal.

also its just fun having new recipes no matter how good they are. just for some new gameplay.

look if i want to make a base there is no much to choose. i have to make drying racks and no bees and no farms and just few bushes for emergency.

its just i have to. if i make a big bush farm i wil have to much food from hounds and gobblers so its not efficient. i even dont need crockpots for hunger. just to make pirogie for boss fights. so my bases always look the same and its a bit boring

The game 'don't starve' is about adapting and it looks like you chose not to. 

Obviously a rework for wig will happen but I'm sure woodie and wendy need it more. 

Someone also said that she can eat jelly and spice so she didn't lose anything worth while from the warly buff. 

Looking at how OP characters are becoming after their updates I don't think anyone would be nerfed. Wigfrid and Wolfgang specialization was combat so far and I do believe that's not gonna change.

I feel like some big problems are coming for survivors instead in constant world. For example some new bosses may be impossible to beat without combining all the buffs released so far together. 

9 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

its kinda sad to miss [...] glow berries [...] as wigfrid.

Actually Wigfrid can use Glow Berries, but she won't get any profits from eating it & needs to carry a rabbit around which needs to be kept alive via Carrots or Light Bulbs. Combined with the Chef Pouch, you'll have to feed him every 10 days, and if you want to have some light, just feed him a Glow Berry. Similar how Wortox can carry >20 souls around, but he needs to carry them as Bees or Butterflies & they need to be constantly fed via rot (bees only), Light Bulbs, etc.

58 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Actually Wigfrid can use Glow Berries, but she won't get any profits from eating it & needs to carry a rabbit around which needs to be kept alive via Carrots or Light Bulbs. Combined with the Chef Pouch, you'll have to feed him every 10 days, and if you want to have some light, just feed him a Glow Berry. Similar how Wortox can carry >20 souls around, but he needs to carry them as Bees or Butterflies & they need to be constantly fed via rot (bees only), Light Bulbs, etc.

Can't Hutch serve that purpose already?

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

Can't Hutch serve that purpose already?

Not really: He doesn't walk in front of you & stops right behind you, his light isn't that useful to light your way. You can still die from darkness if you use only Hutch's light, esp. during night. And some players don't want use a lantern / miner's hat because they prefer to use Walking Cane + Tam o' Shanter.

8 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

yeah cuz wigfrid is an evil manifestation that wastes resources.

yea i like how you over and over again show your noobnes xxD

7 hours ago, Ornge said:

Lol wigfrid was never an OP character. A few warly recipes don't turn her into an unplayable character. Especially since the ingredients required are more lategame focused

hmm ok wigfrid is the first released char for a new dlc. she isnt in the game dont starve. in evry game in this world new dlc chars are better cause the devs want to sell the new dlc. nvm i dont want to discuss such things here anymore lol

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Tbh i hope that they teach basic grammar in valhalla

sorry i had to

you had to... youre such a small person lol. i told you 10 times. you know 1 language. i know 5. and you laugh at me. you dont know any word of my languages...

11 hours ago, Sir.Fux said:

tip: change your character and then you won't miss the new content. It's always good and fun to just switch characters and have to adapt to a new playstile :)

ive 4.000h in dst and ds. i know them all and i like only to play wig.

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

geeez man what a trick ty!!!! 

Personally, I appreciate that Wigfrid is one of the few characters that has a constantly relevant downside. It sucks when new content is added that she can't take advantage of, sure, but there's nothing stopping you from switching away from her long enough to try out that new content. These kind of threads have been created for every new useful non-meat item (coffee, nettles, and now Warly's recipes), and I'm really glad that the devs have stuck to their guns and kept Wigfrid unable to eat anything except meat (and candy, I guess.)

I played Wigfrid for a good 200 days in a merged DS world, long after the addition of coffee and nettles, and it honestly didn't feel like I was missing out on much. I imagine the same will be true in DST, where her perks are better and she has the help of other players who are able to eat anything.

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally, I appreciate that Wigfrid is one of the few characters that has a constantly relevant downside.

That's honestly why she's my favorite, because her downside is relevant for the whole game, unlike most other characters. She makes things more interesting vs. Wickerbottom mass producing Dragon Fruits for pies forever.

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally, I appreciate that Wigfrid is one of the few characters that has a constantly relevant downside. It sucks when new content is added that she can't take advantage of, sure, but there's nothing stopping you from switching away from her long enough to try out that new content. These kind of threads have been created for every new useful non-meat item (coffee, nettles, and now Warly's recipes), and I'm really glad that the devs have stuck to their guns and kept Wigfrid unable to eat anything except meat (and candy, I guess.)

I played Wigfrid for a good 200 days in a merged DS world, long after the addition of coffee and nettles, and it honestly didn't feel like I was missing out on much. I imagine the same will be true in DST, where her perks are better and she has the help of other players who are able to eat anything.

dont get me wrong. i like how she is and like you say her downside is very good balanced. i want her to stay like she is. but just i miss content. and yea its a good idea to play other chars for a while ty

Technically she didn't get nerfed because her perks never changed, you may call it indirect nerf, in good news, she can get dmg resistance  from Warly food which can stack with her natural resistance.

I never like wig tbh because her diet limit creativity and encourage repeated.

Archived