Chef Pouch and Insulated Pack

Looking at the Warly streams it seems that the Insulated Pack and Chef Pouch work similarly, except that the Chef Pouch is much cheaper. I think that maybe the Insulated Pack should be buffed, to be a step up from the Chef Pouch and make killing Bearger more viable as right now as Bearger just holds the spot for best lumberjack. Just a thought for the devs, and maybe the Pouch doesn't work as well as the Pack.  Anyways, can't wait until the 25th. 

Either the pouch will have durability, or won't reduce spoilage by 50% if dropped or used by anyone else besides Warly, or the Insulated Sack will get a buff soon.

I'd like it if the pouch would be useable by anyone, that would give Warly an item which he can share with other players & which can act like an early game Ice Box.

From what I saw from the Warly streamers on Twitch, the new Chef Pouch and the current Insulated Pack are identical in gameplay:

Chef Pouch:
- 6 slot inventory (down from 8)
- Chills food
- Can hold any kind of item, even non-foods
- Doesn't freeze Thermal Stones or chill Ice
- Crafted with Grass, Twigs, and Nitre

Insulated Pack:
- 8 slot inventory (up from 6)
- Chills food
- Can hold any kind of item, even non-foods
- Doesn't freeze Thermal Stones or chill Ice
- Crafted with Gears, Bearger Pelt, and Doodads

My first thought is that the Insulated Pack needs a dire buff, cause now it's just an overpriced Chef's Pouch. The Pouch could use a slight nerf as well given its simple crafting recipe:
- The Insulated Pack, I think, should maybe have a 10 slot inventory, and the ability to freeze Thermal Stones and Ice to be worth the boss item to craft.
- The Chef Pouch, I think, should stay as is but only allow items with a spoilage meter to be stored inside, since it's so easy to craft and everyone will be running around with portable Ice Boxes if every survivor can carry them.

Just now, Chris1448 said:

- The Insulated Pack, I think, should have an 8 slot inventory, and the ability to freeze Thermal Stones and Ice to be worth the boss item to craft.

I think 10 would be an even better number, so that it's slightly better than just having a Backpack inventory due to it's higher cost, and the fact that it still can burn to ashes if lit on fire.

I see the Krampus sack as a luxury item you get as a long term goal, while the insulated pack should still be a very powerful item that you get as a reward for both surviving a year and defeating the Bearger.

That being said I'd say 8 or 10 slots, chilling ice and thermal stones, and not being flammable would make it go from a completely disregarded and forgotten item to one that is highly sought after. Its a boss item for crying out loud, every other seasonal giant has an item associated with it that virtually everyone uses in regular play.

Honestly, I'd take a buff to the insulated pack even if its JUST to add 4 more slots. That'd still be over the backpack space by 2 slots, which would make it, in every sense of the word, a direct upgrade to the backpack, which is what it should be.

Guys! The Insulated Pack actually did get buffed in the Warly update that some streamers have access to.
It's not that huge, but the Insulated Pack got buffed to have 2 more slots than normal. It's the same size as backpacks now.
unknown.png

I'd still like it to have a bit more and the Chef Pouch a bit less though.

Spoiler
13 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

Guys! The Insulated Pack actually did get buffed in the Warly update that some streamers have access to.
It's not that huge, but the Insulated Pack got buffed to have 2 more slots than normal. It's the same size as backpacks now.
unknown.png

It's just like that one thread where people were suggesting that we should be able to use rock fruits in the guacamole recipe when it was possible from the start, just that no one bothered to ask lol

2 minutes ago, Brago-sama said:

It's just like that one thread where people were suggesting that we should be able to use rock fruits in the guacamole recipe when it was possible from the start, just that no one bothered to ask lol

Yeah but this is a change for a yet-to-be-released update, no one would know about this until after Warly's out.
So Klei planned ahead for this clash, but personally I don't feel like it's enough of a change to separate the Chef's Pouch and Insulated Pack's usability.

44 minutes ago, Canis said:

Honestly, I'd take a buff to the insulated pack even if its JUST to add 4 more slots. That'd still be over the backpack space by 2 slots, which would make it, in every sense of the word, a direct upgrade to the backpack, which is what it should be.

Tbh +4 slots plus cooling effect would be the way to make it relevant over a krampus sack

10 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

Yeah but this is a change for a yet-to-be-released update, no one would know about this until after Warly's out.
So Klei planned ahead for this clash, but personally I don't feel like it's enough of a change to separate the Chef's Pouch and Insulated Pack's usability.

True. I was just drawing a parallel since I happened to remember and it seemed somewhat similar 

28 minutes ago, Chris1448 said:

unknown.png

Hey, this is progress. We're not there yet, but at least the insulated sack is now technically an upgrade.

27 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not enough imo... Why go half way on this...? Nice to have 2 extra slots but still sucks imo 

29 minutes ago, Canis said:

...this is progress. We're not there yet, but...

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Snip

Again... Why go half way on an item that needs a serious buff... Ofc im happy with the change but it needs more to really make this item into something really worth it. Something that reads boss item. 

5 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

Snip

I would add non burnable too. 

3 hours ago, Chris1448 said:

Guys! The Insulated Pack actually did get buffed

Ugh finally, took them long enough.

Klei when something is crafted with a boss drop or a rare item it should be a direct upgrade to its more common counter part. Eyebrella is a direct upgrade to umnrellas and rain hats, yet you didin't think "Maybe it should have a downside". Then why did you think to give isulated pack a downside. 

Don't be afraid to add direct upgrades to the game. When the player reaches endgame they should be able to switch their old equipement for a better one. Tools for golden tools, torches for lanterns, spears for dark swords and backpack for isulated pack

I think Insulated Pack should freeze thermal instead of having more slots (maybe they did it already? Anybody checked?). Seasonal Boss should mitigate season problems, giving it any more than 8 slots would make Krampus Sack lose it's uniqueness.

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Not enough imo... Why go half way on this...? Nice to have 2 extra slots but still sucks imo 

8 slot insulated backpack is more than enough for seasonal boss 

25 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

I think Insulated Pack should freeze thermal instead of having more slots (maybe they did it already? Anybody checked?). Seasonal Boss should mitigate season problems, giving it any more than 8 slots would make Krampus Sack lose it's uniqueness.

ye why not have infinite cold thermal stone in summer. 

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Ugh finally, took them long enough.

Klei when something is crafted with a boss drop or a rare item it should be a direct upgrade to its more common counter part. Eyebrella is a direct upgrade to umnrellas and rain hats, yet you didin't think "Maybe it should have a downside". Then why did you think to give isulated pack a downside. 

Don't be afraid to add direct upgrades to the game. When the player reaches endgame they should be able to switch their old equipement for a better one. Tools for golden tools, torches for lanterns, spears for dark swords and backpack for isulated pack

Dark sword has downside

3 minutes ago, landromat said:

ye why not have infinite cold thermal stone in summer. 

You can only benefit from it during the second summer since Bearger spawns on the second autumn. By that time there's no point to go exploring far from base, or you could've made tons of Endothermic Firepits.

4 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

You can only benefit from it during the second summer since Bearger spawns on the second autumn. By that time there's no point to go exploring far from base, or you could've made tons of Endothermic Firepits.

I disagree with you and think this is bad suggestion that will ruin the game and should never be added. But good thing mods for this already exist, so you can use it if you like it

6 minutes ago, landromat said:

I disagree with you and think this is bad suggestion that will ruin the game and should never be added. But good thing mods for this already exist, so you can use it if you like it

Jokes on you I'm already using it.

6 minutes ago, landromat said:

Don't forget to add that you can actually get your 1st Insulated Sack on day 24, so his statement is actually bull****.

Archived