Warly Lore Speculation

As Warly's entry into DST is now imminent, I would wish to share my thoughts regarding his lore. Feel free to share your own thoughts or correct mine!

Also, let us hope the video also clarifies these ideas of mine.

Here goes:

- Warly is a French chef born with a passion for cooking and fishing.

- He used to live with his Nana, and may also be married, based on the pictures on the wall in his announcement post.

- He used to be a chef, but may have lost his job and experienced poverty (though i've lost track of the quote which stated such.) In his state he resorted to becoming a full-time poissoner and trawled for a living.

- His entry into the Constant remains unknown to me. Was he lost on one of his fishing trips, or was he tempted by the voice in Gramophone he owned? I know not yet.

- However, I can say with some confidence that Warly arrived in the Gorge before the survivors arrived from the Forge. This is because

- Mumsy refers to him in the  "Another one of your kind passed through here a long time ago." quote of hers.

- Had he arrived after the Survivors, Mumsy and Billy would have already gone with them and he'd have little to no idea what to do (though there is the possibility that Pipton, Sammy and the rest could have taught him.

- Afterwards, he arrives in the Shipwrecked isles, and then makes his way to DST, the details of which are not clear to me either.

I think that he ate some weird Sh*i thata Max gave him to get into Shipwrecked.He tried to leave and find way we dont know about.He got into the gorge where he helped mumsy and billy with cooking, then explored more worlds and ended up In the constant by the portal after it was opened by us.

if we are talking about lore it seems like every character has come in at different time period as some can identify different trinkets and while some do not. so in my opinion the idea of a black man (i'm not trying to be racist) marrying a white woman could only happen some time after ww2 when the need for workers were on a high but this is all speculation 

Wagstaff when examining a fish of constant:

image.png.2c9b4efcff22b8a1005b44b7614f3a42.png

Fish in a Warly short snapshot:

image.png.28bbf850dd122989f43a8c255cec62c4.pngimage.png.57919b923e364f4cbf4064b8759a572c.png

Are Warly and his family a resident of constant?

Or the Wagstaff quote is a not-so-serious joke applied the fourth wall?

Or this is just a problem of drawing style of Don't starve franchise?

Or.. Is this a... Darn, nevermind. goodness knows.

Correction; It's not Warly's Grandma, its his mother. Remember he's Adult by now
It's also approved by the family pictures

Spoiler

hxqoBQN.png

W5ZmXse.png

KeOJBrz.png   
This is Warly, note no Glasses and different Beard Style, but the Mother is the same person, Did Warly's Father leave?

Also the Porta-Crock Pot seems to have some deep roots with him

DByxDoq.png

Another thing to confirm the Gorge Theory besides his background, is the fact that his new items are gorge inspired

2 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

Wagstaff when examining a fish of constant:

image.png.2c9b4efcff22b8a1005b44b7614f3a42.png

Fish in a Warly short snapshot:

image.png.28bbf850dd122989f43a8c255cec62c4.pngimage.png.57919b923e364f4cbf4064b8759a572c.png

Are Warly and his family a resident of constant?

Or the Wagstaff quote is a not-so-serious joke applied the fourth wall?

Or this is just a problem of drawing style of Don't starve franchise?

Or.. Is this a... Darn, nevermind. goodness knows.

I feel like this is a light-hearted 4th wall break, more than anything.

5 hours ago, thomas4845 said:

like every character has come in at different time period as some can identify different trinkets and while some do not

most things that they can examine are made around few decades of each other so not just different time periods

I should've said this earlier, but maybe a good idea would be to wait for the Warly short to drop so we can work off of that, in terms of speculating lore. Right now we are taking a lot of shots in the dark, when we can just wait 4 days and have a much easier time.

3 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Didn’t the devs say everyone is from 1910~1920?

No. Only a few have been plucked from that era, mainly Wilson and Willow IIRC.

Also I took the liberty of spending way too much time annotating and speculating on the entirety of the teaser image.

5d327c3ff007b_deargodwhydidIspendsolongonthis.thumb.png.b0e894519292aa93210430116e2de8d3.png

Spoiler

I increased the saturation so that the details are easier to see.

And yes, because I'm pretentious I annotated his parents with the French words. :wilson_nerdy:

14 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Correction; It's not Warly's Grandma, its his mother. Remember he's Adult by now
It's also approved by the family pictures

Hide contents

hxqoBQN.png

W5ZmXse.png

KeOJBrz.png   
This is Warly, note no Glasses and different Beard Style, but the Mother is the same person, Did Warly's Father leave?

Also the Porta-Crock Pot seems to have some deep roots with him

DByxDoq.png

Another thing to confirm the Gorge Theory besides his background, is the fact that his new items are gorge inspired

There's possibility by that at that point in time Warly's father could have died

What if when warly apeared in the gorge, he was the one who taught the residents how to cook well to appease the knaw, as they were likely either feeding it basic food or maybe even actual sacrifices before, if it disired so. then maybe when warly gave the knaw some real food, it loved it, and it began desireing good refined food over basic food or a sacrifice. I mean, warly is perfect for the gorge, almost too perfect dont you think?

Plus this gives the the hilarious image of goats getting ready to sacrifice someone, but the knaw is like. "I dont want this garbage, gimmie some more of that 'garlic bread' that last guy made, he was cool"

Archived