Fertilizer more broken now?

Launch release notes do not reference a change to fertilizer.  It is already hard to make enough fertilizer for a moderate sleet wheat farm and the general rule was to never use fertilizer stations due to fertilizer being mostly broken.  Now weezeworts take fertilizer, continuously, it seems to be solidly breaking to whole mechanic and use?

maybe not.  some comments suggest it is phosphorite, so might be poor wording on the patch notes since fertilizer is a compound too.  Anyway, this really makes weezeworts go from nice free heat deletion to simply not worth it (dup labor and resource cost vs heat deletion from steam turbine methods).

9 minutes ago, chemie said:

maybe not.  some comments suggest it is phosphorite, so might be poor wording on the patch notes since fertilizer is a compound too.  Anyway, this really makes weezeworts go from nice free heat deletion to simply not worth it (dup labor and resource cost vs heat deletion from steam turbine methods).

At the very least all the builds that have wheezes sealed up now have to build some sort of entrance.

2 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

Guess who is never using AETN or wheezeworts ever again. How dumb can you get Klei

Well the worts were kinda against their principle of stuff needing input and providing output. Alos i don`t understand how that change affects the AETN.

Another thing is that it`s supposedly more effective, when tamed and provided with something (phosphorite right?). And seeds seem to plant themselves again so maybe you can still get a 0-maintainance wort room if you got natural tiles in.

Lets not bash Klei bfore we test everything out.

1 minute ago, bryce325 said:

If you drop the seeds on natural ground they will replant themselves and work at a limited throughput.
Overreacting just makes you look silly and childish for not knowing all the facts.

What builds do you have that have natural ground?

It is not hard to either:
A) Leave a spot untouched.
B) Use a Drecko farm for the supplies

I never had any builds before now that did that but with the nature reserve and this change I will be doing it regularly.

i REALLY like the change. less magic, more sense is always good. it will force us to come up with solid high-tech builds instead of cheaty wheezworts (and this comes from wheez fanboy). but i'm really surprised they didn't fix the most magic stuff - FIXED TEMPERATURE OUTPUT

16 minutes ago, Khullag said:

i REALLY like the change. less magic, more sense is always good. it will force us to come up with solid high-tech builds instead of cheaty wheezworts (and this comes from wheez fanboy). but i'm really surprised they didn't fix the most magic stuff - FIXED TEMPERATURE OUTPUT

Don't derail threads.

1 hour ago, Xuhybrid said:

Feels like a huge slap in the face. All those closed rooms with hydrogen needs manual dupe maintenance? Guess who is never using AETN or wheezeworts ever again. How dumb can you get Klei.

While I'm sure the developers find your feedback valuable, the petulance is unnecessary, friend.

1 hour ago, Xuhybrid said:

What builds do you have that have natural ground?

Worts naturally grow on ice, right? It's one of the few materials that isn't too difficult to manufacture, just freeze water. You might need a few worts to do it though.

1 hour ago, blacknight7890 said:

Dear god no, what will we ever do now? Use the machines actualy intended for cooling and deal with the consiquences of using those machines in interesing an unique ways, instead of free and infinite cooling plants powered by magic? Like savages? Madness.

Super interesting like pumping hot stuff out into space?. Or maybe using random machines that magically delete heat for no reason?
I like wheezworts, but I agree they shouldn't be magic or zero maintenance. I really don't mind a little pseudoscience, Wheezworts are supposed to be consuming the heat for bodily processes, like mini organic steam turbines or something. They also aren't plants ;)

Are the wild wheezworts 1/4 as effective as before or are domesticated 4x as effective as before?

8 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

can someone confirm it's just phosporite and not actual fertilizer?

I can certainly live with it consuming just phosporite.

The in-game database says wheezworts require 20kg phosphorite /cycle

3 hours ago, blacknight7890 said:

Dear god no, what will we ever do now? Use the machines actualy intended for cooling and deal with the consiquences of using those machines in interesing an unique ways, instead of free and infinite cooling plants turbines powered by magic? Like savages? Madness.

Fixed.

Worts taking solid food does seem a bit odd though. The lore states they get their nutrition from moving air, so why are they eating solid food? They should be filtering food out of the air. If for example they consumed airborne germs it'd

A) be awesome, and

B) be difficult to feed properly.

It might even make sporechids/buddybuds  really useful as a food provider for the worts. It's trickier than it sounds because flower plants have a narrow range of temperature, while players LOVE placing sporechids in the heart of their oxygen machines. It's fun.

Another option is to have worts delete some of their input gas. 1000g goes in, 990g goes out, 10g gets consumed. 6kg per cycle, more if desired. It effectively kills the SPOM by eating half of the hydrogen, or it will force a different type of gas setup at reduced efficiency.

Well i disliked the change, even with worts as they where you would definetly need to use the pther machines as the game progressed because of geysers machinery heat and space worts never ever would suffice even in large numbers to cool space or geysers in a usable way. Now its even more impossible? Well just my 2c. I normally used them only first spom cooling and 2 per steam turbine.

3 hours ago, bobucles said:

Fixed.

[...]

Another option is to have worts delete some of their input gas. 1000g goes in, 990g goes out, 10g gets consumed. 6kg per cycle, more if desired. It effectively kills the SPOM by eating half of the hydrogen, or it will force a different type of gas setup at reduced efficiency.

I would consider the steam turbine as an "indended" cooling machine, as it was designed to delete heat, plus it is only really useful for high tempeture cooling, after that, you need to use other cooling methods.

Also, worts consuming gas sounds like a real bad idea, they would just vaccume out any biome they spawn in by the time you get to them. Cooling the air around you dosne't do to much if there is no air.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, blacknight7890 said:

Dear god no, what will we ever do now? Use the machines actualy intended for cooling and deal with the consiquences of using those machines in interesing an unique ways, instead of free and infinite cooling plants powered by magic? Like savages? Madness.

Nobody is arguing that there aren't other cooling methods. This one just became completely obsolete. Just like the AETN.

Archived