My Game experiences

-NOW MY 'EXPERIENCES IN THE GAME' THREAD-I prepared as well as i could for Winter. As well as i could in 20 days. Had a chest filled with twigs and grass. Lots of meat with honey. Pigs to protect me. I even got the Puffy vest and Tam o' Shanter in the first days of winter. I was ready.Everything was going pretty well. Had lots of armour in case anything bad could happen. And even a meat effigy.Ran out of grass and wood at day 7.Went to find some grass near my camp, and there was a level 3 spider nest nearby, didn't pay any attention to it. While cutting some grass i found, the level 3 nest became a Spider queen. Ah well, it won't aggro on me if i keep my distance.Lies. All lies. The spider queen chased me to my camp and kicked me out of it and i had no food. Luckily the spider queen became stuck between the pig king and a pig house along with all her spiders. So i camped away from her and tried to keep my hunger up with some berries and spoiled seeds i found around the place.Morning comes, i lure the spider queen to a worm hole that takes me back to my camp and is very far away, success. I prevailed, i go and try to harvest the last remaining honey in my beeboxes that i didn't harvest for convenience i notice that i can hear roaring. Great, the deerclops is coming for me. I take out all my honey ham and camp a little far away from my usual base, night comes, deerclops smashes open my beeboxes, a few pig houses a,and part of my camp, and, then, when fighting, smashes open 2 armour sets, makes me go insane and get freezing damage. I finally kill it, i have prevailed again. I'm out of wood and food is running low, pigs are dead, half of my camp destroyed, i hear hounds, 5 of them broke another armour set, only two left. I kil lthem and go get some wood.Two treeguards in the middle of the night. I pacify them and Winter finally ends.It was a harsh winter. I hate you klei. You made me suffer.

Edited by Irontaco

It was you who had not prepared properly. ;D(This is the part where you yell at me)

%^&%&$% $&%£*£ %*(Y_$(*$&$*%_() %&%()*$&£$&$*(&($ $*(^$(*&£$^£^&$&$ $^&$^$^£$^&£On a better note... I feel for you bro.

So now i got 20 more days for winter. I guess i could be better prepared now. But i kind of want to get things in order. My camp is really, really messy after the first winter, had to quickly rebuild a few things. And the goddamn deerclops smashed down my beeboxes and now i'll have to waste time chopping a lot of wood and catching beews.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577856702212663725/0ACB62E84A40BDA81B2BF5F8F3DDE0766910B748/

That was after the deerclop fight (around a day later), where i started getting stuff in order and i was basically fine.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577856702212859054/47DDE28D055858B0C871B15C2AD45A640BADE9B3/

That was one of my scariest nights. After fighting so much stuff i didn't feel like taking on two Treeguards at once because i knew how it would end. So i pacified them near my camp for my convenience. Oh and that forest is now burned down thanks to the Treeguards.

I'm starting to learn how Winter works and what to do to survive it, so COME AT ME SECOND WINTER. I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU. unlesssomeonebuffsitandidiehorribly

You know what?

THIS is the Don't Starve I wanted. Gaming by the seat of your pants, always consant threats around you, and naught but your wits to help you. An uncompromising survival game.

By the way, I applaud you, Irontaco, for your bravery and resourcefulness. You really are made of iron.

Yeah, it's kind of supposed to be like that since you gotta advance quickly between worlds.Alright, made my decision, gonna rebuild beeboxes, then i'm off to get as much manure as i can. And rot too.I got plans for the next winter so i don't run out of grass.

Erm, sorry for the double post, i'd like to keep my progress and questions in this thread. Just to avoid making too many unnecesary threads. So far so good! Been getting some manure around the beefalo camp and i plan to make a huge area full of grass so i don't run out of it so soon! Also gonna mass murder birds to get some fire darts. Already had some troubles with spiders.Klei got it right in the part of ''the world hates you''.At good ol' boi [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] if he reads this, will rain also be on certain days like winter? I'd like to see myself in even more bad situations where i can't do anything but smile at how hard i'm going to die.

Edited by Irontaco

Uh oh, full moon caught my pigs outside. Escape-mode activated!On another thing i got 60 grass tufts and 20 berry bushes ready to plant!This is now my 'experiences with the game' thread. Is there any way i can change the title?

Nice job, but worse things happend to me! I kinda always camp near mosquitos (since i like fishing). I was near a spider nest too. (which im always afraid to kill since spider warriors are a pain) Good, let's get to the action, it was day 25, i was VERY low on food and armor, since it was my first winter and i was like meh, it will be easy if deerclops doesn't show up, but i was wrong, since when i ate my last piece of berry, i heard roaring, i first thought they added a new sound for massive wave of hounds! But again, i was wrong, and deerclops showed up right at dusk. Good thing i had alot of rope and grass to make hay walls. So, it was night, Deerclops already destroyed my piggy house and alchemy engine, but my fire was still up, he had nothing left to destroy but my fire, and right then a genius idea came through my mind! I made hay walls all night just to distract him not to destroy my fire.

It was day, deerclops destroyed my fire and i had nothing left but a stack of hay walls, a torch and a honey ham in my inventory (besides some tools and my backpack) I ran away from deerclops since i tried to kill him only using a spear which only had 10% durabillity, how stupid i was. I realised i can stunlock him, but i had nothing to do it with, since my spear was completely and utterly destroyed by his dense hair. I was near a savannah, so i decided to go there so beefalos can protect me, i find a Igloo and i find myself chased not only by Deerclops, but 2 ice hounds, Wee Mctusk, and McTusk. That was a horrible experience, but it was not over since stupid beefalos had to mate in the middle of the frikin' winter. Okay so let's see, i was chased by Deerclops, 2 hounds and 1 beefalo (since Wee McTusk and McTusk senior fell behind). Again, a genius idea came through my mind as i ran to a swamp. I camped near a tree as i watched Deerclops 2 hounds and the 1 beefalo get slaughtered by tentacles. It was the best thing that ever happend to me in Don't Starve. Well played Klei, well played.

I simply make fire pits, I make a lot of backpacks as chests,I survive on koalafant meat (each one is enough for 3 days).I destroy large clusters of spider nests, but leave enough of them for the hounds.A optional is to make speedy farm plots, but not harvest them until winter.And that is pretty much it.