mutant suggestion: Uni-corn

I was telling my father over lunch about the creatures that have mutated on the island, and we decided to throw out names for vegetable animals that might be potential while we were working on the webcomic. My father came up with something inspired: A Uni-CORN. I hurried up a concept with pieces from a Zeb, no-eyed deer, guardian and came up with this:

5ce87713c4a2c_uni-cornedit.thumb.png.9ca706e39bad745676b724544c3fcf76.png

Both sizes can work but I hope the devs see this.

44 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

it would be a filthy vegetable.

What a hilarious turn of events for our carnivore.

7 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

maybe one of its attacks could be it spitting corn kernels at the player

Maybe use some voltgoat mechanics?

34 minutes ago, minespatch said:

5ce8ad9ed0e2c_uni-cornedit.thumb.png.66591fa26c5247692f8374cb2c3588c5.pngLike this?

That's a Multicorn! A Uni-corn has a single large bulbous corn on it head. The Cornbulb is covered in it's husk for most of it lifetime but then blooms in a certain season. Once killed, the Uni-corn drops one Cornbulb. Setting the cornbulb on fire ignites it like gunpowder and explodes but the cornbulb deals a bit more damage than gunpowder... also it drops 3-4 Popcorn on explosion.

Ok.... maybe that's a little too elaborate...

When struck by lightning, the uni-corn spawns 3-5 popcorn on the ground nearby.

Under the light of the full moon however, the horn's kernels fuse into one mega-kernel. The Mega Kernel restores 150 hunger, 50 health, and 25 sanity. The Mega Kernel can be set alight, once it burns it explodes for 1000 damage and leaves a giant popcorn in it's place. The mega popcorn restores 20 hunger, 90 health and 120 sanity. 

1 minute ago, S19TealPenguin said:

When struck by lightning, the uni-corn spawns 3-5 popcorn on the ground nearby.

Under the light of the full moon however, the horn's kernels fuse into one mega-kernel. The Mega Kernel restores 150 hunger, 50 health, and 25 sanity. The Mega Kernel can be set alight, once it burns it explodes for 1000 damage and leaves a giant popcorn in it's place. The mega popcorn restores 20 hunger, 90 health and 120 sanity. 

We need more vegetable creatures, I'd love to see your written mechanics and my creature in the game.

Now that I think about it, if people didn't kill carrats and saladmanders if the creatures pooped out seeds of their respective breeds, we can have useful farms for these new critters and you can farm on either normal or lunar land.

Why not morph this thread? Or make a new one for food themed mutants?

I've got a few ideas of my own, after seeing some of the stuff here, and I think a thread for this stuff would be really cool!
Not wanting to devolve from the threads current topic, that is.

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

Why not morph this thread? Or make a new one for food themed mutants?

I've got a few ideas of my own, after seeing some of the stuff here, and I think a thread for this stuff would be really cool!
Not wanting to devolve from the threads current topic, that is.

Agreed, sorry for that, I just came up with the concept while discussing here and I got a little greedy.:wilson_ecstatic:

OMG this is the best thread ever.   Also one of the most delicious.  Also, why was the melon sad?

Because her dad made her stay home, so she can't...elope!

;)

(not my own joke obviously.  lol)

41 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

A while back I was talking with a friend about other food animals we could have, and he came up with pomegranian (pomegranate + pomeranian).

Minespatch YOU HAVE TO DRAW THAT.  Pomeranians are one of the cutest things ever, and I'm very morbidly curious as to how one would visually combine said floof with a pomegranate...

This whole thread is turning into like, something out of Xanth or something.  SO MANY FOOD PUNS and I love it.  XD

...Notorious

On 5/26/2019 at 2:46 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

Minespatch YOU HAVE TO DRAW THAT.  Pomeranians are one of the cutest things ever, and I'm very morbidly curious as to how one would visually combine said floof with a pomegranate...

unknown.png

So instead of fluff, the Pomeranigranite's body is just vegetable flesh revealing the juicy bits and angry teeth.

I also tried to touch up on the concept of the uni-corn.

Archived