Mooagain    974

I doubt that Wormwood is an ancient, but he may be related to them. I don't know about the moon creating Wormwood, but since he does spawn in the ruins, he must be related to the ancients somehow.

What is that bit about plant animal hybrids? Wormwood looks all plant to me.

• Like 3

Zeklo    15,232

Well. The color is all wrong for the gem and the glass.

The ancient "King" and "Queen" are wearing masks. The ancients are sorta shrimp-like. It's easier to tell with the non-masked ones.

The Ancient Fuelweaver's may have the mind of an ancient but its body certainly isn't.

The Ancient Hulk is just a machine. We don't know anything about it or even if our ancients made it-since it differs from everything else we know they've made.

• Like 4

Bluegeist    1,048
Just now, Zeklo said:

The ancient "King" and "Queen" are wearing masks. The ancients are sorta shrimp-like. It's easier to tell with the non-masked ones.

Oh, they are wearing masks? May I ask for the evidence of this?

Zeklo    15,232
1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

Oh, they are wearing masks? May I ask for the evidence of this?

Yellow in the murals most commonly represents Thulecite. 

And I mean, just look at them, and then look at every other Ancient.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lbphero    167
3 hours ago, Mooagain said:

wormwood (and snaptooth flytraps for that matter) are probably both animal and plant considering they eat more than just plant stuff and generally act like an animal would much more than a plant acts considering they walk and hunt and stuff.

• Like 3

Mooagain    974
5 hours ago, lbphero said:

wormwood (and snaptooth flytraps for that matter) are probably both animal and plant considering they eat more than just plant stuff and generally act like an animal would much more than a plant acts considering they walk and hunt and stuff.

Lots of plants eat animals and other plants, ever heard of a venus flytrap?

Bluegeist    1,048
10 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Tbh, my point of reference was something like Swamp Thing - once a human, now a pile of magic vegetation in the shape of a human. In Wormwood's case, I'm saying that he's in an 'ancient species' shape

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Well. The color is all wrong for the gem and the glass.

The Ancient Fuelweaver's may have the mind of an ancient but its body certainly isn't.

The Ancient Hulk is just a machine. We don't know anything about it or even if our ancients made it-since it differs from everything else we know they've made.

1. Indeed, others have theorized it's a regular green gem. It just seems so convenient to introduce the moon glass with a similar hue

2. I can see how they may be wearing thulecite masks now. But still, I see shapes on their heads that are horn-like...and the other ancients lack these, but I thought of that as a design aspect to make them 'less important' in relation to the regal figures.

3. You know what, where did that body come from? Maybe the creature that Wormwood is half of is the same as that horned, three-fingered body...

4. My logic there is that when one makes a giant killer robot, one makes them resemble oneself. If a human makes a robot, it is humanoid (ie Wagstaff and WX-78 actually). Is it a coincidence that the hulk has horns and three fingers?...maybe

And again, maybe it's the same people that the ancient fuelweaver's body came from

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    4,580
7 hours ago, lbphero said:

snaptooth flytraps are literally venus flytraps but able to bite cause snaptooth.

• Like 1

Demon874    76

Animal hybrids aren't something new. There are a real life similarities like the bleeding rock animal which is mineral-animal, and the golden jellyfish which is plant-animal.

Maybe Klei just took inspiration.

lbphero    167
5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

snaptooth flytraps are literally venus flytraps but able to bite cause snaptooth.

8 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Lots of plants eat animals and other plants, ever heard of a venus flytrap?

ok ok you got me on the snaptooth flytraps being able to eat....but have you ever heard of a plant that can speak and walk and craft science machines????

-Variant    3,396
3 hours ago, lbphero said:

ok ok you got me on the snaptooth flytraps being able to eat....but have you ever heard of a plant that can speak and walk and craft science machines????

Groot
Wormwood's got that gem, seems to be a form of Green gem, he says green gems are familiar, and it's glowing in his newest artwork.

• Haha 1

GetNerfedOn    1,723
Posted (edited)

I would not associate Wormwood with the Ancients as the latter have already been described as Insectoids, which are quite different from Wormwood's apparent physiology.

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Like 4

minespatch    51,473
20 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Wormwood with the Ancients as the latter have already been described as Insectoids,

Yeah, he seems to have a connection with the mants.

• Like 1

reverentsatyr    1,728

I'm confused. I don't have Hamlet, so I don't know much about Wormwood. Are there no quotes or lore so far about his green mineral?

SteamMonkey    92

that second pic looks like the green gem is in a tombstone? Maybe it's a body that was  infested with roots then reanimated by the gem? :p

• Like 2

Hell-met    883
10 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I'm confused. I don't have Hamlet, so I don't know much about Wormwood. Are there no quotes or lore so far about his green mineral?

He says the (actual item) green gems are familiar but that's about it.

• Thanks 1

Bluegeist    1,048

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

Welp, I was half right! Not an ancient, but a creature of the moon! Case closed :wilson_vforvictory:

• Like 1