What sized world do you Use and why?

What sized world do you use and why?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. (Surface) What sized world do you use most often?

• Small
    • Meduim
    • Large
    • Huge
    • I don't know/care which size i use, i just play the game
  2. 2. (Caves) What sized world do you use most often?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • Huge
    • I don't know/care which size i use, i just play the game

I prefer the small worlds, as it greatly reduces the time lost traveling. I find my days more productive and more fun this way. It also helps a lot when I run in hurry to the Glommer's statue, or when I search the loot slash. :)

I use Medium Worlds. I think the "normal" size is Large. I use Medium because of performance issues (old laptop). And i like to give my world more initial rock scattered by the ground. It helps in the initial hunt for flint, and who join my world normally can find some to help themselves. Another thing, is that the world being Medium, you find more faster the biomes and resources, but there is less resources and there is less chance of finding some special things over the map (special encounters?). And the problems of overlayed biomes or error in the creation of biomes are more commom. Woul love to use the bigger sizes for a harsher world and less problems in the generation of the world, but in terms of size, the Medium world is quite ok, there is plenty of walking.

I used to leave it on default (which is indeed "large", it seems) all the time, but then one day I tried a Huge world, and discovered that despite the further distances to things, I liked all the extra room and more exploring to be done before I ran out of explore.  (I do also have the "Giant Size" mod, but I've been afraid to use it yet for the sake of my poor old computer.  : P) 

It also helps because, once I started using mods that added extra plants, buildings or even entire BIOMES to the world...things don't feel squished.  It still seems proportional. 

holybeepworldgen.png.48d33fc9d0ea4ebfbddd5387321dbf98.png

...usually.

...Notorious

i use huge with lower resource... like to explore the world and be far away from home :D

world usually is boring. i suggested several time to developers to change the algorithm or set more option for generate. all worls are same and you have to same patht wice (going there and back). that would be nice if some bioms were connected.

15 hours ago, Daxterr said:

I use a mod to make it bigger than huge :^) 

source plz :D

Archived