Hamlet is still missing many things and has fundamental problems with it.

TheOnlyGuyEver

10 hours ago, mrdl2010 said:

On 1/26/2019 at 8:04 AM, mrdl2010 said:

The world is really small and there is not much thing to discover. There are no purpose in this game. Everything you can do at day 1000 you can do at day 10. you can discover the whole world at day 4.

This is mostly true of RoG and SW, too. Exploring takes a bit longer in those worlds (SW is extremely repetitive with its biomes), but the only thing that requires a large time investment is crafting late-game items (which also exist in Hamlet) and waiting for seasonal bosses to spawn.

The fog filter is annoying, not difficult but annoying.

Thankfully, you can use a cowl to remove it. I'd argue that it does add difficulty, though, since there's less time to react to your surroundings.

The ultimate boss Mant Queen is weak and boring.

Admittedly, the Womant is still Quacken-levels of weak, and I dislike that there was no real attempt to rework her fight. I wouldn't consider her "the ultimate boss" anymore, though, I'd say the Iron Hulk has taken her place as a really powerful and satisfying boss to fight.

The bats are annoying with no caps.

You aren't meant to let the vampire bats pile up and come out in huge waves, you're actually able to go into their cave clefts and kill them off, and you'll decrease the numbers of the next wave. Admittedly, this isn't indicated in-game at all... It'd be nice if maybe vampire bats would fly out of the spooky hole when you enter a cave cleft, and fly out of the cave clefts before a wave starts, to indicate that they are actually coming from there.

The Aporkalypse is a rushed mess with no purpose. What is the point of turning this on since there is no rewards and no counters except the calendar at all.

Well, we've got the Vortex Cloak now. Either way, the Aporkalypse isn't supposed to have any rewards. It's meant to be a punishment for getting comfortable. It's the end of the world, you aren't supposed to be rewarded for letting that happen.

The interaction between creature is messy to the point one race can be eliminated from day 1 that will not respawn back.

This is a fair complaint, yeah. I think it'd be nice if, when every spider monkey in the world is killed, a spider monkey queen would spawn to create more. Other than spider monkeys, though, I haven't had any creatures go extinct except when I've been careless.

There are absolutely no intuitive indicators in the game. Who, without the help of wiki, understand that you need a hat to counter the fog filter around you. Btw how can a hat counter the fog, does not make any senses.

Pith helmets are used in hot climates to protect the wearer from damp and humid weather. I don't necessarily know how common this knowledge is, but it definitely fits the theme and will be almost immediately figured out if someone decides to research what exactly a "pith hat" is.

How do you know that nettle cure the sneezing, eat everything?

“Science says the sharp edges are good for my lungs.” - Wilson
“It smells funny.” - Willow
“Is good for clearing nose.” - Wolfgang
“I suppose these will cure blocked sinuses.” - Wendy
“I CAN USE THIS TO SERVICE MY OLFACTORY UNIT” - WX-78
“These are quite good for the sinuses.” - Wickerbottom
“It has a smell to it.” - Woodie
“Useful.” - Maxwell
“A large leaf nettle plant native to these parts. Also it smells funny.” - Wagstaff
“Its smell döth vanquish mine sinuses.” - Wigfrid
“These nettles smell really strong.” - Webber
“Whew! Really cleans your sinuses!” - Walani
“Great for clearing the sinuses!” - Warly
“Cleans tha' nose as good as sea air.” - Woodlegs
“DOST UNSTUFF'DED MINE SNOUTS” - Wilba
“(sniiiiiff)” - Wormwood
“Smells like relief.” - Wheeler
It should be really easy to figure out that nettles help with hayfever, unless you exclusively play Maxwell or never examine anything. These are just the nettle quotes, by the way. Every character has an additional quote for nettle rolls, all of them referring to it as medicinal.

You do have a couple fair complaints, but a lot of these aren't problems that need to be fixed at all, and I don't understand why you're bringing up a 4 month old post about them.

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

xxx

How can someone write so much without any content in it, that is amazing.

1) This is not true for rog and SW, it is much longer, not a bit longer to explore and you have much more things to do

2) You dont understand what does annoyance mean.

3) ^ same about the bat.

4) Vortex Cloak is **** compared to the challenges. Who told you " Aporkalypse isn't supposed to have any reward?" or you interpret yourself? Without rewards, there is no point to turn it on or ever let it on ever.

5) The lack of intuitive indicators is everywhere. Those are only 2 simple examples, which one of them seems to be fixed. That is reason i said "most of these" not "all of these". The calendar for the aporkalype for example still dont have indicator.

You write so much but the only thing that have content is the adding of quote to fix the nettle indicator. The rest are totally unfixed.

Whichever is important to fixed are different for each other. But if you say the mess of the season that got marketing the most aporkalype, the interaction between races, the two boring seasons without any new features which are PROMISED by Klei are not important then lucky for Klei to have low standard players like you.

p/S: look through your post history, I wont reply to you again since you has obviously hyper fanboyism on this. Check the survey, there are more than 50% of players consider this dlc is a mess (including people who get this game for free).

I dunno, I would say that while it's not perfect it's still a well designed game.

That being said the guy above me is pretty damn ironic calling someone a "hyper fanboy" when they go on a giant passionate rant like, 5 times in one topic. Companies will have duds, this isn't the end of the ******* world people.

19 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i just want

1 Webber to be viable and not a nuisance to play

2 more ways to kill bats and maybe a cap to them

3 the seasons to have a greater impact

4 more ways to counter hay fever and fog

While I can’t say anything about Webber since I main Wilbur, they actually did at a cap to bats quite a few updates ago, I don’t know why people are still complaining about it. I can’t be bothered to find the post though. I’ve even tested it in game to make sure and they definitely added a cap. I can agree with you on the seasons, I don’t like how short they are. Once you craft a Batsilisk hat then the fog is pretty trivial, and nettles make that season trivial as well, plus you have the fan thing to get rid of hay fever what more do you need?

38 minutes ago, woodchip said:

While I can’t say anything about Webber since I main Wilbur

I can agree with you on the seasons, I don’t like how short they are. Once you craft a Batsilisk hat then the fog is pretty trivial, and nettles make that season trivial as well, plus you have the fan thing to get rid of hay fever what more do you need?

i was thinking if they don't just make Webber not need the shamlet then add some chest slot items to them so he can keep on the mask and be weather resistant

also i hate farming nettles really finicky gas mask are expensive to keep running and can't be repaired and seed pods are slow to amass i just want a good alternative

hey actually did at a cap to bats quite a few updates ago,

edited thanks

51 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

I WANT TO FIGHT WITH QUEEN BEE.

The bee queen is one of the worst designed fights in dst. being spammed with enemies possibly being stunlocked to death by the minions and the attacks are almost unavoidable if you want to do any damage.

Just now, Computer-7 said:

The bee queen is one of the worst designed fights in dst. being spammed with enemies possibly being stunlocked to death by the minions and the attacks are almost unavoidable if you want to do any damage.

Dude It was just a example. There is so much things in together but the rog is pretty empty

16 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i just want

1 Webber to be viable and not a nuisance to play

I'm okay with the idea of characters having varying degrees of power based on each dlc. For example, Wormwood sucks in SW, since healing items are harder to produce and he blooms only 25% of the time, and Wagstaff can't even utilize hats very well, which hurts him a lot in SW and and RoG. Hell, Wigfrid is dead to me in both expansions just because she won't drink coffee. That being said, Webber should be able to handle seasons in Hamlet well enough as-is. Just make sure to leave your backpack and pith hat outside the village whenever you stop by. You don't need the pith hat as long as you're not wearing armor/backpack.

5 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

the problem is that the shamlet is classified as a helmet thus slowing you down

Ah, yeah that's pretty lame. Though apparently the weevil mantle works as well, so if you just wear that, you can keep your shamlet.

4 hours ago, cybers2001 said:

Ah, yeah that's pretty lame. Though apparently the weevil mantle works as well, so if you just wear that, you can keep your shamlet.

WAIT THE WEEVIL MANTLE IS BOTH AN ARMOR AND A FOG STOPPER?

On 5/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

-No unique set pieces.

Seeing the new teleportato set pieces made me realize how badly we need them in Hamlet.

Every new game is the same because there's no variety when exploring. You always find the same things in the same place. The only time I saw something different was a TallFort on the Roc Island once during Beta.

There's no element of surprise when exploring biomes because they're so repetitive every game.

• Thunderbird biome? Always Tuber, some metal, Pangolden.
  • Jungle on second Island? Only spot for Elder Mandrakes.
  • Poisonous Jungle? Ruins to Herald, Pherostone.
  • Etc.

You won't be surprised discovering something unexpected because it cannot happen. If you're playing RoG you know what's in a swamp but you never know if you'll stumble upon a reed trap before exploring it, for example.

You always know what you're gonna get in Hamlet and that's not good.

59 minutes ago, SouthTom said:

You always know what you're gonna get in Hamlet and that's not good.

That's probably intended though. Hamlet seems like it's meant to be more linear compared to other versions of the game. You start out with nothing, live among the pigs and rely on shops more than the limited resources. Then there are multiple "quests", which you need to do to get the Royal Gallery items. And you're also doing all of this while under the pressure of an Apocalypse you need to stop yourself at first.

The end goal is more or less you become the Mayor and make your own thriving civilization anywhere you want. That's kind of the idea of the DLC: Expand greatly on the idea of mega bases.

15 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

That's probably intended though. Hamlet seems like it's meant to be more linear compared to other versions of the game. You start out with nothing, live among the pigs and rely on shops more than the limited resources. Then there are multiple "quests", which you need to do to get the Royal Gallery items. And you're also doing all of this while under the pressure of an Apocalypse you need to stop yourself at first.

The end goal is more or less you become the Mayor and make your own thriving civilization anywhere you want. That's kind of the idea of the DLC: Expand greatly on the idea of mega bases.

And those goals would still exist if there were unique setpieces. Adding variety and surprise to the world does not mean adding random detours.

3 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I think a comparison to enter the gungeon is a good one

to make here every new game you start you go through the exact same thematic levels just like Hamlet

you have randomly generated rooms just like Hamlet

but the actual items and weapons you gain through your trip can extremely alter the play through you have no idea whats after every door

even the bosses are different each time and there are secret paths that you can find even more challenges and special rewords

Hamlet is the same every time

Archived