Hamlet is still missing many things and has fundamental problems with it.

TheOnlyGuyEver

-The City Tab is still very lacking; you can't craft the Academy, Farm Houses, Mining Houses, and any decor. Farm and Mining Houses still have absolutely no function on top of that.

-Back shelves in stores still never get restocked.

-Cave Clefts are still incredibly useless beyond getting gold and never returning.

-The majority of ruins and islands still aren't worth exploring.

-Zero to no integration with the SW content and items present in the DLC (such as Bamboo in the Oddities Emporium being completely useless in a solo world)

-The SW characters still cannot craft their items without prototyping them in SW first, unlike Wigfrid and Wormwood. (Are you seeing a pattern here?)

-The Boar Tusk Weapon Shop still uses unpolished and unfinished art.

-No fireplaces for houses; fridges don't slow spoilage either.

-Ro-Bin requires effort beyond any of the other storage followers in the game, and yet has no extra slots given that and his sheer size, and no transformations.

-The Aporkalypse is still very uninteresting and pointless, with the only fruitful thing being the Vortex Cloak, which is a mediocre item in the long run, even for Maxwell.

-Foliage and Batsilisk Wings, used in Crockpot food and crafting recipes respectively, are very limited and unrenewable. Pikos also only spawn from naturally-spawned trees and become extirpated entirely after you kill enough of them, as they do not respawn.

-The Pugalisk boss fight is completely avoidable by taking the water and running.

-Ancient Walls and Ancient Stone Turf are still uncraftable, despite being able to be hammered down and dug up, respectively.

-No unique set pieces.

I am very thankful for the DS team continuing to support the game and for creating a 3rd DLC in the first place, but overall I am very disappointed with the release of it. Hamlet feels a lot like it got partway finished and the dev team just sort of gave up (see: unfinished Boar Tusk Weapons Shop art, missing City Tab items); there is SO MUCH missing from the DLC and there are fundamental problems remaining with it (see: no Teleportato, SW characters can't craft their items, Batsilisk Wings, Foliage, and Pikos unrenewable, no bat wave cap). It feels more unfinished than even release-version SW. And with "no schedule for new features to Hamlet", who knows if we'll ever get our own "Home Sea Home" update. How Klei can charge a higher price for Hamlet compared to any other DLC in good conscience is beyond me.

At least the Skyworthy can merge worlds now.

I think everyone would have been much happier to just get another RoG like expansion.

I feel like Don't Starve is Klei's pet project, while Don't Starve Together gets more focus because there is monetization potential.

Shipwrecked was at least handed off to Capy, and got fixed like a year later with the 'Home Sea Home' update.

Guess we just need to wait for an equivalent patch next year.

as far as I'm sure world gen still sucks.

no real threat that isn't started by you.

bat cap.

no elemental bats.

humid season.

seasons kinda suck first lush is horrible if you unprepared or annoying, if you prepare then after that you have more than enough time to get nettle so lush is now just temperate, and humid is the opposite you can get the materials for it easily but the thing that lets you see(bat cowl) is nonrenewable.

I hope they still support it by more than bug fixed, i don’t want SW2 (uncompleted  and a lot of missing features) 

And vortex cloak need a buff it’s underpowered right now unless you are playing maxwell otherwise why risk yourself instead of just turning off the calendar.

47 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

-Ancient Walls and Ancient Stone Turf are still uncraftable, despite being able to be hammered down and dug up, respectively.

While the points you make are completely valid, I think that the ancient walls and turf should remain uncraftable since they're ancient and only look like that due to age, similarly to how DS/T ruins turf is also uncraftable.

1 minute ago, Chiseledquartz27 said:

While the points you make are completely valid, I think that the ancient walls and turf should remain uncraftable since they're ancient and only look like that due to age, similarly to how DS/T ruins turf is also uncraftable.

I'd be fine with either or, but I hoped the fact that you could permanently destroy them would bear the inverse: that you could build them. Thulecite Walls exist, after all.

I'm as disappointed in Hamlet's full release as any and most items on this list are totally valid, but there are some that really do not warrant being called "clearly unfinished".

- Cave Clefts are meant for you to go into and kill Vampire Bats so you won't get swarmed when the swarm comes for you.

- The Seaworthy only takes you from RoG to SW and vice versa. What would even be the point of having it in Hamlet?

- The islands/ruins not being sufficiently varied, the lack of fireplaces or working fridges, no craftable ancient walls or city decor... these really veer too much into "what if" territory. Yes, they all would have been great addition, but there wasn't really any indication these things were ever in the works, so I'd be hard pressed to cite them as evidence of the game being unfinished.

1 hour ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

-No fireplaces for houses; fridges don't slow spoilage either.

-The Aporkalypse is still very uninteresting and pointless, with the only fruitful thing being the Vortex Cloak, which is a mediocre item in the long run, even for Maxwell.

And we still have NO BEDS. Is it too much to ask to be able to craft a bed to sleep in, inside a house?

The Aporkalypse has absolutely no benefits. I don't understand why. It's only massive downside after massive downside. Even after the 20 days change after you first stop it, why would anyone ever want to play 20 days in the Aporkalypse? You have absolutely nothing to gain from it.       HUGE RISK, no reward. (It's even worse as Woodie and Wilba.) And yet, this is the only real threat in Hamlet apart from bats.

The Tinkerer Tower makes no sense either. 550 oincs for a walking cane in Hamlet? Getting the Skyworthy is way easier than getting 550 oincs. This building is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist anymore.

2 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'm as disappointed in Hamlet's full release as any and most items on this list are totally valid, but there are some that really do not warrant being called "clearly unfinished".

- Cave Clefts are meant for you to go into and kill Vampire Bats so you won't get swarmed when the swarm comes for you.

While this is a fair function, I'd argue it's a poor use of space and is made trivial by the endlessly increasing bat waves.

- The Seaworthy only takes you from RoG to SW and vice versa. What would even be the point of having it in Hamlet?

I'll admit, this skipped my mind. I'll remove it.

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

- The islands/ruins not being sufficiently varied, the lack of fireplaces or working fridges, no craftable ancient walls or city decor... these really veer too much into "what if" territory. Yes, they all would have been great addition, but there wasn't really any indication these things were ever in the works, so I'd be hard pressed to cite them as evidence of the game being unfinished.

The contention is not in the fact that these things were necessarily promised or required for a finished game, but in that they were very highly requested additions throughout the entire work cycle of early access (especially more varied islands/ruins) and were yet still ignored.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

While this is a fair function, I'd argue it's a poor use of space and is made trivial by the endlessly increasing bat waves.

Where are people seeing these endlessly increasing bat waves? I'm on day 1200+ and I never get more than 25-30 bats.

Where are people seeing these endlessly increasing bat waves? I'm on day 1200+ and I never get more than 25-30 bats.

If your Hamlet world is that far in and your bat waves are capped then that means they must've patched it without putting it in the notes. Please show me a screencap just to be sure and I'll go ahead and remove it from the list.

8 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

- The islands/ruins not being sufficiently varied, the lack of fireplaces or working fridges, no craftable ancient walls or city decor... these really veer too much into "what if" territory. .

Hamlet is based on 2 things; Pig societies and the ancient ruins left by them. While the cities might have a good chunk of content, the ruins are severely lacking.

Yes they have traps, yes they can be challenging, but what's the point to even go inside? There's no loot in there, only sadness.

• Statues? They're only worth 10 oincs and they don't even stack. Too much trouble for too little money.
  • Rare statues? There's only 3 keys to get from the Queen and you can find them between islands most of the time. You get a free one with the BFB too.
  • Smashing pots? Maybe, because they're non-renewable but they're not efficient.
  • Only source of batwings in Hamlet. Non-renewable, RNG.
  • Good way to get poisoned by a scorpion.
  • Wishing wells are nice, but you're way more likely to get hurt here instead of staying home.

You only really need the ones that tunnels between islands and to go stop the Aporkalypse. And even when you have cleared them it's a pain because vines grow back every single time you leave the ruins. You leave for a half a day? Too bad they had time to grow back.

There's not much reason to stay in Hamlet. I start in RoG, I stop the Aporkalypse, I get the Key to the City and I go back to RoG.

2 hours ago, SouthTom said:

Hamlet is based on 2 things; Pig societies and the ancient ruins left by them. While the cities might have a good chunk of content, the ruins are severely lacking.

Yes they have traps, yes they can be challenging, but what's the point to even go inside? There's no loot in there, only sadness.

• Statues? They're only worth 10 oincs and they don't even stack. Too much trouble for too little money.
  • Rare statues? There's only 3 keys to get from the Queen and you can find them between islands most of the time. You get a free one with the BFB too.
  • Smashing pots? Maybe, because they're non-renewable but they're not efficient.
  • Only source of batwings in Hamlet. Non-renewable, RNG.
  • Good way to get poisoned by a scorpion.
  • Wishing wells are nice, but you're way more likely to get hurt here instead of staying home.

You only really need the ones that tunnels between islands and to go stop the Aporkalypse. And even when you have cleared them it's a pain because vines grow back every single time you leave the ruins. You leave for a half a day? Too bad they had time to grow back.

There's not much reason to stay in Hamlet. I start in RoG, I stop the Aporkalypse, I get the Key to the City and I go back to RoG.

Your reason could be non smoldering structures in it, but i agree that a RoG city seems cooler 

1 minute ago, JosePapp said:

Your reason could be non smoldering structures in it, but i agree that a RoG city seems cooler 

Grab some Conchs and Dribble Pipes in SW and never worry about smoldering ever again. Or ignore smoldering anyhow since the buildings will just get rebuilt by builder pigs.

17 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Grab some Conchs and Dribble Pipes in SW and never worry about smoldering ever again. Or ignore smoldering anyhow since the buildings will just get rebuilt by builder pigs.

Do builder pigs rebuild stuff outside of Hamlet?

33 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

Do builder pigs rebuild stuff outside of Hamlet?

2 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

They do

Only buildings tho 

You can also repair buildings yourself with a Hammer, which, if you're repairing a Townhouse, will rebuild it in a different model.

4 hours ago, SouthTom said:

The Aporkalypse has absolutely no benefits. I don't understand why. It's only massive downside after massive downside. Even after the 20 days change after you first stop it, why would anyone ever want to play 20 days in the Aporkalypse? You have absolutely nothing to gain from it.       HUGE RISK, no reward. (It's even worse as Woodie and Wilba.) And yet, this is the only real threat in Hamlet apart from bats

Um, no. It has the benefit of a boss who drops items needed to make a unique armor. You may not find that a sufficient benefit for the hassles of the Aporkalypse. I don’t. But it’s still a benefit. “Absolutely” is a word that has an actual meaning, not just something you say to show how worked up you are about a subject. You might want to look it up.

38 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Um, no. It has the benefit of a boss who drops items needed to make a unique armor. You may not find that a sufficient benefit for the hassles of the Aporkalypse. I don’t. But it’s still a benefit. “Absolutely” is a word that has an actual meaning, not just something you say to show how worked up you are about a subject. You might want to look it up.

vortex cape sucks and even then one item for a season is disappointing why have the most dangerous season have a crappy reward why only have 1 reward that can be gotten after 1 herald kill.

and the use of absolutely is what we call "hyperbole" 

3 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

and the use of absolutely is what we call "hyperbole"

You might call it that, but that’s not what it is. A hyperbole is an exaggeration. “Absolutely” is a categorical modifier. A thing can not be more or less absolute, any more than you can be a little bit pregnant. 

Archived