[Game Update] - 329526

3 hours ago, KCDA said:

Much much better, but I still think having a speed boost at all is too much.

you know what we should do? Remove all of her perks to compensate shes just too good with that insane 5% speedboost. Seriously its 5% thats not very noticeable.

Edited by Computer-7
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Im glad she is finally nerfed , but its a shame her looks were changed since i prefered her sad face. 

Anyway how much dmg does the gun deal now? 

I think its the same the changelog didn't say the damage was changed just which items "tiers" most likely moving items like jungle seeds, 1 oincs, ect out of 100.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Im glad she is finally nerfed , but its a shame her looks were changed since i prefered her sad face. 

Anyway how much dmg does the gun deal now? 

4 hours ago, TaffyMatt said:

It appears that it's only light or heavy damage now of 34 and 45, and items that were medium damage are now heavy damage, as meat and twigs do 45 along with rocks and stuff

-----------------------

22 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

Her lips should move more when she talks, right now it looks like she's whispering and it's weird. Is it just me?

I think it's just you... she has kinda thin lips.. maybe that? they seem fine to me

btw guys .... there is another tier 3 dmg category.. 60 dmg

"gears", "gem", "oinc10", "oinc100", "nightmarefuel", "gunpowder", "relic_1", "relic_2", "relic_3", "relic_4", "relic_5",

@HugoMyou might wanna consider taking NF from that list.. NF is ez to farm... dunno

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I think the speed boost is fine right now. The max you can have, meaning absolutely nothing in your inventory, is +17%. I also like the new character art much more, but, forgive me for making the tiniest of nitpicks here, I think she'd look perfect with her mouth moved up by 3 or 4 pixels.

Compare:

20190429212042_1.jpg.19979973488c321198168e16956e0b30.jpg

image.png.bdc481faadc20529d2d6f16252a4adc9.png

Kind of amazing how big of a difference that makes.

• Like 8

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

what do you mean tho

There's been several bug reports already, but equipping a backpack or hopping on a boat as Wheeler brings up the shooter and compass's item slots, stacked on top of one another. Interacting with these bugged slots crashes and freezes the game. The bugged slots also get in the way of the cargo boat. They also require you to equip and unequip the shooter and compass every time this happens, so you don't crash the game trying to use either item. Oh, and just for good measure, you still can't use the shooter at sea.5cc7abf38cd5a_Screenshot(1628).png.4c98b51934e33c4fe6d105f45271562a.png5cc7abf9c0e49_Screenshot(1629).thumb.png.8339b2ac2f4a3ceac00628ef0363fbc3.png5cc7abfcabcca_Screenshot(1630).png.3f76174821f90303d383cf2a8e55ac43.png

It's been bugged for weeks, and causes the most issues while playing SW, but also effects Hamlet playthroughs too, as there's boats and water in Hamlet too. Trying to use the shooter to kill things like jellyfish or platapines just breaks the game, straight up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

36 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

There's been several bug reports already, but equipping a backpack or hopping on a boat as Wheeler brings up the shooter and compass's item slots, stacked on top of one another. Interacting with these bugged slots crashes and freezes the game. The bugged slots also get in the way of the cargo boat. They also require you to equip and unequip the shooter and compass every time this happens, so you don't crash the game trying to use either item. Oh, and just for good measure, you still can't use the shooter at sea.5cc7abf38cd5a_Screenshot(1628).png.4c98b51934e33c4fe6d105f45271562a.png

I see... SW bugs aren't getting love ... feelsbadman

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

(And uh as a sidenote, I know Klei doesn't support or wish to acknowledge him too much anymore but if Wheeler got a fix for her hair clipping through her head I think Warbucks should get this quick fix too as a final little change for him. Just so he looks a little better you know?)

NOOOO :p

22 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

Screenshot (1632).png

snip

I found your report in the bug tracker and added a some screenies with logs and save file to make the report easier to process... I hope that helps :)

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Geeris said:

Maybe Klei could fix it using the backpack mechanics. When closed, slot disappear in UI.

u can't close it... it crashes the game

they probs need to place the gun slot ON TOP of the cargo boat inventory

20190430043039_1.thumb.jpg.8b25d80ca8be6017096129ca4b9d2fc5.jpg

7 hours ago, Dudedude said:

if you're holding down the left mouse button to move, the dodge won't come out when you right click.

I can confirm this issue too

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I see they're holding their ground on the speed boost, which I think is fine.

People talked about the speed boost like it’s the devil but fail to acknowledge the existence off Coffee, which is 10 times more broken, very easy to farm and can be transplanted to any world, doesn’t require equipping anything, and can be used by nearly every character (rip wigfrid). It can also stacked with other speed boosts and lets you zoom across the map in a mere minute and out-kite anything in the game. Yet remarkably, this is okay, but not a character with a 5% speed increase and giant inventory downside that most people probably won't play her because of. Hypocritical much? The only hard part about using coffee is finding the Volcano, and even then you can just hop into shipwrecked on a full moon night and the Rainbow Jellyfish will lead you right to it.

If you're just now admitting that fast speed is too powerful and want to nerf it, you're 3 years late. But I can only imagine the outcry there would be if Coffee got nerfed like it should have years ago.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 12
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

People talk about the speed boost like it’s the devil but fail to acknowledge the existence off Coffee, which is 10 times more broken, very easy to farm, doesn’t require equipping anything, and can be used by nearly every character. Yet remarkably, you don’t see “nerf now!” posts.

same can be said tropical bouillabaise, one of the fishes used to make the baise, magiluminescence, walking stick/cane, sleekhat, tea and cold tea,

7 hours ago, Portmanteau said:

The only other thing I'd personally add after this I think would be making her skin color match her portrait more

It has less to do with the skin colors but rather the game's graphical effects which change the tint of everything. Her face will look red in Hamlet no matter how much you change the texture, just like every character.

Start her out in RoG or SW and she appears much closer to her art.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll personally mourn the ridiculously OP pewmatic damage for a while haha, but I can't deny they went above and beyond with these changes. She's my absolute new favourite character to play as for sure, and I'm looking forward to seeing her yell "remember my name, pig!" as she fires twigs at guards for many many hours to come.

And I'll check if she still turns invisible on boats when shooting, or still shoots off the pewmatic in a locked direction after any heavy wind. 

Also, completely agree about her mouth being moved every so slightly up. She looks just ridiculously good with that change. But of course she looks great with the tweak as is. 

14 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I see they're holding their ground on the speed boost, which I think is fine.

People talked about the speed boost like it’s the devil but fail to acknowledge the existence off Coffee, which is 10 times more broken, very easy to farm and can be transplanted to any world, doesn’t require equipping anything, and can be used by nearly every character (rip wigfrid). It can also stacked with other speed boosts and lets you zoom across the map in a mere minute and out-kite anything in the game. Yet remarkably, this is okay, but not a character with a 5% speed increase and giant inventory downside that most people probably won't play her because of. Hypocritical much? The only hard part about using coffee is finding the Volcano, and even then you can just hop into shipwrecked on a full moon night and the Rainbow Jellyfish will lead you right to it.

If you're just now admitting that fast speed is too powerful and want to nerf it, you're 3 years late. But I can only imagine the outcry there would be if Coffee got nerfed like it should have years ago.

As a Wilbur main I'm extremely surprised that nobody has brought him up yet. Wilbur gets a massive 33% speed boost after walking for 3 seconds, with the only downside being that outside of running, you move 8.3% slower than normal. Granted, the walking speed penalty does make a real difference in kiting and walking small distances, as well as boating, but other than that he essentially does everything 33% faster.

Don't Starve has always been a time management game, and the faster you can get around, the more time you will have.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

As a Wilbur main I'm extremely surprised that nobody has brought him up yet. Wilbur gets a massive 33% speed boost after walking for 3 seconds, with the only downside being that outside of running, you move 8.3% slower than normal. Granted, the walking speed penalty does make a real difference in kiting and walking small distances, as well as boating, but other than that he essentially does everything 33% faster.

Don't Starve has always been a time management game, and the faster you can get around, the more time you will have.

33% faster vs 5 percent is really not comparable tho.. And coffee is a thing so..