Don't Starve: Hamlet Roadmap

Jason

13 hours ago, Jason said:

And with that, we will have completed our third expansion to Don’t Starve. Thanks again for playing the Hamlet Early Access! It’s much appreciated.

But will continue to have updates like shipwrecked, right? :wilson_confused:

48 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

Can someone tell me who is Wagstaff that people are talking about him here?

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Radio

He was first mentioned as part of the radio lore in a post by Kevin way back in 2013!

In 2017, Winona's leaked quotes had lines which seemed to reference the voxola factory, and a "bossman" which might be him?

I find it interesting that Hamlet and Winona were announced at the same time, in the same post...

43 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Radio

He was first mentioned as part of the radio lore in a post by Kevin way back in 2013!

In 2017, Winona's leaked quotes had lines which seemed to reference the voxola factory, and a "bossman" which might be him?

I find it interesting that Hamlet and Winona were announced at the same time, in the same post...

actually, Winona had been revealed for just a while before Hamlet was announced(Sept. 6 vs. Sept. 13) - though good 'ol 'Nona was implemented the same day Hamlet was announced.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Who are you working for and why are you here!? Who sent you! Why are these trace overs/sketches so seemingly accurate?
I figured the one on the left (Their left, our right.) was female, I saw the hand as a ponytail.
Now I'm confused. 

Nice sketch, tho.

idk, maybe because I have a good hand for klei like sketches, besides Im 999% sure the female one is a mental asylum escapee, like 999.9% sure
I might be a secret Klei Employee

Edited by FuffledBeeQueen
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mr. Matt said:

the truth is, wagstaff was on a business trip for years which is why he couldn't show up in the constant since the start

Yeah, you might consider going on a business trip after your factory burned down. I get the feeling Wagstaff's invention was the cause of the fire and Willow was some kind of scapegoat.

• Sad 1

Denial: No, that must be a bug... Why... Why is daddy Warbucks gone?
Anger: Klei you evil people! How could you remove our Ol' Chap?! You deserve the worst!
Bargaining: JoeW, I have come to bargain! Perhaps... Perhaps we could scrap some of the background and personality and reintroduce Warbucks with some changes?
Depression: Hope is gone. Warbucks is dead and will stay dead. Life has lost its colors, it's no longer shiny red and white... It's just dark. Grey and black are the only colors I see now.
Acceptance:

7 hours ago, SkylordElberich said:

Y'know something? I think I'm finally getting over the loss of Warbucks.

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

That would be one beast of a character I'd love to see.

Unfortunatelly we know that one is an inventor and another is an adventurer

But how does the Adventurer or Inventor Tag fit hair that looks like someone with rabies and ready to kill someone with their own hands

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

But how does the Adventurer or Inventor Tag fit hair that looks like someone with rabies and ready to kill someone with their own hands

that's uh

kind of a terrible way to describe someone stuck in an asylum????

besides, how does stupid "w" hair fit a prissy scientist? how does the world's most extreme cowlick fit a factory worker? how does a manbun fit a chef? the hair's just there to add flavor to the silhouette - nothing more, nothing less.

3 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

that's uh

kind of a terrible way to describe someone stuck in an asylum????

besides, how does stupid "w" hair fit a prissy scientist? how does the world's most extreme cowlick fit a factory worker? how does a manbun fit a chef? the hair's just there to add flavor to the silhouette - nothing more, nothing less.

The W hair just shows how crazy he can get, kinda seen in his weird default portrait with experimenting on a chicken.
Winona fits a Factory Worker because well.. Strong independant woman? No stereotypes, complete opposite, typical mechanic gal, Bandana kinda underlines that.
as far as I am aware Warly has no man bun...
Designing Characters has a lot more hidden meanings than you might think, it's not just "oh beacause it just looks nice"

Edited by FuffledBeeQueen

4 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The W hair just shows how crazy he can get, kinda seen in his weird default portrait with experimenting on a chicken.
Winona fits a Factory Worker because well.. Strong independant woman? No stereotypes, complete opposite, typical mechanic gal, Bandana kinda underlines that.
as far as I am aware Warly has no man bun...

wilson's hair doesn't really scream "mad scientist" IMO; it's too uniform and he's so particular about it

that... still doesn't explain the Cowlick from Hell™

warly's is debatable, but it totally looks like a manbun unless he styled it to look like a dollop of whipped cream for some reason

either way, i don't think adding a character with such heavy connotations(and especially as under-thought and grossly stereotyped as what you described) would be a good idea - especially after they just removed a character for very similar reasons(Warbucks and his constant referencing of real-world  colonialism and such - though his gameplay style also had a hand in his removal). one could even argue that such an exaggerated caricature of an asylum patient would be worse than Warbucks could ever hope to be.

4 minutes ago, TrashLord said:

wilson's hair doesn't really scream "mad scientist" IMO; it's too uniform and he's so particular about it

that... still doesn't explain the Cowlick from Hell™

warly's is debatable, but it totally looks like a manbun unless he styled it to look like a dollop of whipped cream for some reason

either way, i don't think adding a character with such heavy connotations(and especially as under-thought and grossly stereotyped as what you described) would be a good idea - especially after they just removed a character for very similar reasons(Warbucks and his constant referencing of real-world  colonialism and such - though his gameplay style also had a hand in his removal). one could even argue that such an exaggerated caricature of an asylum patient would be worse than Warbucks could ever hope to be.

Im literally just seeing a psycho in that one silhouette, if you dont like it, then dont, Its just my speculation

I'm excited for the new characters and the iron mech boss! I wonder what it'll drop... alloy? Gems? Maybe something to improve smelter efficiency? The only other thing I'm looking forward to drop-wise is the Ancient Herald. I think it would be neat if it dropped like 1-2 nightmare fuel with a 1-5% chance to drop a cool new item, like a staff that summons poison dartfrogs that are hostile toward enemies, or a cloak that lets you summon any of its attacks (frogs, meteors, nightmare creatures) at the cost of a lot of sanity per second.

1 minute ago, PlayMoGame said:

I'm excited for the new characters and the iron mech boss! I wonder what it'll drop... alloy? Gems? Maybe something to improve smelter efficiency? The only other thing I'm looking forward to drop-wise is the Ancient Herald. I think it would be neat if it dropped like 1-2 nightmare fuel with a 1-5% chance to drop a cool new item, like a staff that summons poison dartfrogs that are hostile toward enemies, or a cloak that lets you summon any of its attacks (frogs, meteors, nightmare creatures) at the cost of a lot of sanity per second.

I bet he'll be invincible like his pieces, Kappa

• Haha 1