No cloth = YOU ARE SCREWED

I went almost all through lush season without gas mask, because can't get another cloth, already used up the 100% guaranteed from wrecked baloon for pith hat.

Bought a lot of item I could, STILL no cloth. Banker pig thinks it perfect time to give you 3 umbrella instead :(

nocloth.thumb.jpg.6a4c728c2461fd989f905c56a499459a.jpg

I played WX so speed was good in help for this and didn't realise the problem until now Aporkalipse is a thing:

* No cloth = no gas mask

* No gas mask = you probably die before get to calendar clock ruins

* Can't get to calendar ruins = eternal aporkalypse

If any time best to make cloth guaranteed in any way more than one time, now is time! Well done Klei :(

Yes, I have also had difficulty finding cloth in the store -- infrequently, it appears.  so I have to make a decision which is more important: pith hat or gas mask?  I would like another way to access cloth.  

While I agree that sometimes the game just won't give any cloth there's more  prepwork you can do, having aporkalypse start on day 61 means you'll get after 2 full cycles of the seasons, u'll get the aporkalypse by the end of your second lush season, not the first one... That's plenty of time to at the very least (assuming all your tea trees burned down and u never found a blue gem) build more General Stores to get more chance of cloth appearing.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Unless they rebuffed the gasmask (been out of the loop for a bit) then it's not even worth it. Work towards farming nettles instead.

You need the gas mask to search for the ruins that lead to the 5th island, so you can prevent the Aporkalypse.

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Unless they rebuffed the gasmask (been out of the loop for a bit) then it's not even worth it. Work towards farming nettles instead.

Right now the gas mask is the only way to enter the poison jungle (for an extended period of time.)  There is a ruins in the poison jungle that needs to be explored, so at this point in time it is necessary.  Maybe they'll come up with another way.  

2 hours ago, ucw said:

Right now the gas mask is the only way to enter the poison jungle (for an extended period of time.)  There is a ruins in the poison jungle that needs to be explored, so at this point in time it is necessary.  Maybe they'll come up with another way.  

oooooor ... you could also just make a ton of dragonpies, and eat them to prevent you from dying

5 hours ago, ucw said:

9 hours ago, Banana Pimp said:

You need the gas mask to search for the ruins that lead to the 5th island, so you can prevent the Aporkalypse.

Oh that's not bad at all. You get a few season cycles for that anyway.

So long as they check the shop every now and then they'll get it. Can't leave these things to last minute.

On 13/12/2018 at 4:13 PM, metallichydra said:

oooooor ... you could also just make a ton of dragonpies, and eat them to prevent you from dying

If you get stuff ready in time for dozen dragonpies that is. If not, your game 100% screwed :(

Archived