No cloth = YOU ARE SCREWED

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

@Szczuku why? It make aporkalypse last forever if you are not lucky enough or prepared enough :( 

Well my dear, that's why the game is a survival game and it's called Don't Starve. if you know that the Aporkalypse is coming, then you have to prepare for that. 

Right now, Gas Mask is OP. I mean, if you want to prevent Hay Fever, you can harvest Nettle Plants and cook some healthy Neetle Rolls that are renewable. And that's it. 

Be smart, handle your resources and save your Gas Mask for stopping the Aporkalypse. This is the difficulty that Hamlet needed since it is easy. 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:11 PM, Charsis said:

I went almost all through lush season without gas mask, because can't get another cloth, already used up the 100% guaranteed from wrecked baloon for pith hat.

Bought a lot of item I could, STILL no cloth. Banker pig thinks it perfect time to give you 3 umbrella instead :(

nocloth.thumb.jpg.6a4c728c2461fd989f905c56a499459a.jpg

I played WX so speed was good in help for this and didn't realise the problem until now Aporkalipse is a thing:

* No cloth = no gas mask

* No gas mask = you probably die before get to calendar clock ruins

* Can't get to calendar ruins = eternal aporkalypse

If any time best to make cloth guaranteed in any way more than one time, now is time! Well done Klei :(

u need gas mask for surviving lush season?

early game lush survival strat... u got seed pods in your inventory... cook and eat one to stop hay fever for an in-game minute

or get nettles with a sprinkler (as wicker got an advantage here)

IMO u need only one cloth for gas mask to explore the aporkalypse ruins and the game gives u that. By the time u need a repair u probs got mats for a repeair kit already

On 20/12/2018 at 10:17 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

u need gas mask for surviving lush season?

early game lush survival strat... u got seed pods in your inventory... cook and eat one to stop hay fever for an in-game minute

or get nettles with a sprinkler (as wicker got an advantage here)

IMO u need only one cloth for gas mask to explore the aporkalypse ruins and the game gives u that. By the time u need a repair u probs got mats for a repeair kit already

No, you need gas mask to save yourself from APORKALIPSE!

On 20/12/2018 at 6:13 AM, Szczuku said:

Yup. 

Do I have to remind you that it's an uncompromising survival game

But it mean even player who know how to play has RNG on endless aporkalipse. Does not look fair, look like you trolling :(

30 minutes ago, Charsis said:

No, you need gas mask to save yourself from APORKALIPSE!

But it mean even player who know how to play has RNG on endless aporkalipse. Does not look fair, look like you trolling :(

the game is supposed to be unfair.. that's the challenge... u surviving against all odds

as i said before u need only one cloth for the game in general for the gas mask.. and that the game provides from the get go... besides.. the pith hat is only for being around base.. you should aim for the cowl for the humid season IMO anyways.. 

and if you check once per day for a couple of days in the general store u will certainly get cloth anyways.. by day 30 u should have at least some cloth laying around at base..

same you should have at least one repair kit ready for lush season or two gas masks.. but as I said before.. U dont need the gas mask to survive first lush season.. specially as wicker... 

Spoiler

as wicker u can gather up all nettles in humid season in a deep jungle biome zone protected by a lightning rod and read the book when they its raining to get them ready for harvest.. u can prepare at least one book and have around 40 nettles ready which is more than enough for the whole season.. u dont even need the sprinkler.. 

the aporkalypse is ba default on day 61.. by that time you can most certainly have enough cloth ..

so tb quite honest.. i don't get this lil rant of yours.

8 minutes ago, Charsis said:

I don't get why you don't see this really terrible game design and too unfair :(

Ready title and you understand my problem, even if aporkalipse day 60, my point stand; no cloth = YOU ARE SCREWED!

i do understand your point.. the probklem is that u don't wanna understand that the game requires planning for next seasons.. stocks.. meaning u need to check a couple of times in 60 days to get cloth... for real 60 days... 

this is my last response to you.. I've given enough tips and if u dont get the point of being prepared then this discussion is pointless

4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

i do understand your point.. the probklem is that u don't wanna understand is that the game requires planning for next seasons.. stocks.. meaning u need to check a couple of time in 60 days to get cloth... for real 60 days... 

this is my last response to you.. I've given enough tips and if u dont get the point of being prepared then this discussion is pointless

No, I understand but I don't think current is fair. I didn't ask advice, I just want some changes, like bamboo in Hamlet to craft cloth or something easier so you not screwed if you have no gas mask when Aporkalipse come. You have many thing to already worry about at that time, none would think to go in gas jungle biome ruin at this time and player who know have it too unfair if really bad RNG.

Many thing to do too, so can't check every day for item you may be won't know shop even sell. The item important, but so rare, doesn't look noticable, so very unfair.

EDIT: you say you understand, but then react to me with confused? So which is it? You confused or you understand what I mean?

@Szczuku how am I terrible player exactly? How is it not terrible game design?

I don't think you understand my point about how no gas mask mean you screwed when aporkalipse come. Any casual player would probably use cloth to make pith hat too first, that why I make this point. And those two thing are very specific and something not made clear enough and/or optional enough for good game design.

Having to vising shop for chance to get thing is very dumb and tedious mechanic. You come to shop to get something not to check for chance of it, that how I think it should be.

But I think you just trolling, so I probably no point respond to you here. I said I not looking for advice, and you still give advice as if I'm stupid.

On 22/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, Szczuku said:

Ok whatever. 

Let him alone. He just wants to complain about anything and if he doesn't want to listen, it's his problem. 

@Charsis 

The point of this game is that it's unfair. Have you ever played DS before, darling? 

But whatever, keep going! 

Make nobody wants to read you because you are calling them trolls ( even when they are respected on this forum)  just because they don't share your opinion. 

And this will be my last message for you. 

While @Charsis behavior is quite annoying, he does have a point. A game should be balanced and have several ways to deal with it's challenges. Make no mistake; don't starve is just like this. You always have at least 2 available options of varying qualities to solve every challenge it throws, so in theory cloth should have another way to be renewable. Perhaps if the odities shop sold bamboo plants and the blueprints for cloth the ranting could stop 

7 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Also- you can buy pith hat from hat store on the 2nd island. So you can easily make gas mask and not suffer from humid season.

Klei please don't make it too easy to get cloth. Leave it as it's now 

Because there are other ways to survive the different seasons, I agree.  Sometimes cloth appears in the general store early game, but it's not guaranteed so we have to keep thinking if we want to survive.  (While I've made clear I don't want Klei to go out of there way to make everything near-impossible, I do think balance matters.)  

None of you make any sense, why are you still posting about same thing? We have different opinion and won't agree with each other, can just leave at that. It does baffle me why this of all thing is what people think if fair gameplay.

Archived