[Game Update] - 298981

• Developer
  • Fabricators with infinite queues will no longer halt production
  • New sound effects for Metal and Marble sculptures
  • More more more build menu linework
  • Updated middle-quality Marble sculpture
  • Adjusted artwork and plant positions in the Hanging and Wall vase so the plant doesn't go through the ceiling as easily.
  • New animations for releasing fish in to the water
  • Socializing at the Printer Pod no longer has a visible progress bar.
  • Several threshold-based side screens have been updated with new buttons for mouse-based entry, rather than a slider.
  • Temperature sensor now allows the entire temperature range to be selected (even if the sensor itself can't handle it...)
  • Improved building status text for infinite queues with missing ingredients.
  • Medium quality small statue has been redesigned
  • Critters will once again be able to find food inside a Critter Feeder
  • Fix up some crashes that resulted form dissociated astro-dupes
  • Improve tooltip when a building can't be placed at certain locations
  • Metal Refinery once again requires enough coolant to begin fabrication
  • Fix fabricators building up an infinite supply of resources if their fabrication is started and stopped
  • Fabricators should no longer get "stuck" if their operational state changes (i.e. from entombment, power, etc.)
  • Fix a crash on the Kiln if it got entombed while working
  • Doors will once again update their temperature to match their environment
  • Updated Korean and Chinese translations
  • Duplicants pick up Pacu using their multigun rather than bagging directly, because they are unable to actually stand on a fish trap.
  • Further logging improvements for disappearing rocket parts -- If you've launched a fresh rocket since Thursday's hotfix, and it has come back without pieces, please post the save file so we can determine where they went! :)

View full update

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

Has the bug been fixed with the electric grill?

whenever ingredients rot they don't turn into rock pile and gets stuck inside the grill until they are manually emptied

definitely a noticeable bug.  this is why I put my grill inside a chlorine room.

7 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

definitely a noticeable bug.  this is why I put my grill inside a chlorine room.

Do you include an atmo suits too?  it be annoying for my chef to constantly run in and out of the room to catch his breath

Edited by Neotuck

29 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Would be good to attach an "in" and "out" refrigerator to it and store the content of the gril there (for the next version). Or make a way to connect it to a refrigerator.

Edited by Rainbowdesign

31 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Do you include an atmo suits too?  it be annoying for my chef to constantly run in and out of the room to catch his breath

yes.  for sure.  the suit helps also from dealing with sloppy wet.

9 minutes ago, Rainbowdesign said:

Would be good to attach an "in" and "out" refrigerator to it and store the content of the gril there (for the next version).

yes. I have an automated system for storing ingredients and also storing the finished food product where the dupes can take from their mess hall through the walls.

with the genetic ooze problem,  I also have the LOADER available for "manual" use inside the chlorine room,  so instead of having them deliver stuff to a fridge  and then using an arm  to move it around,   I skip that step entirely.   and set the loader to 8 or 9  (no sweep unchecked),  so they can ALWAYS go fetch something and feed it directly to the system.  I had to make sure the railing doesn't pass through walls  and is soaked in Chlorine to avoid any genetic ooze problems.  if the stuff is backed up  at least its  sitting in Chlorine rather than in some rail or loader.

the loader takes it to another room that is behind a prismatic door that the dupe can't reach through 1 tile away.  but the arm that feeds the ingredients to the grill can reach through the door easily (prismatic)    this is basically an infinite storage inside the chlorine room next to the grill.

The beauty of all this is that it is germfree and kills ANY germs immediately, so even if the dupes are  covered in slime lungs or food poisoning- the finished food is clean!     (you don't need a sink)

Edited by RonEmpire

20 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Since a hotfix or two (if not three, heck, maybe more) ago

That sucks so much now. I get the Reed Fiber but Metal?

What's weirder is that you can't make Large/Wide Canvases anymore since like 2 updates ago. (no without CTRL+F4)

OK I read all previous changelogs and there's NOTHING about metal requirement for canvases outside of Reed Fiber.

Edited by Serpher

1 hour ago, Rainbowdesign said:

Would be good to attach an "in" and "out" refrigerator to it and store the content of the gril there (for the next version). Or make a way to connect it to a refrigerator.

if you keep the final products in a fridge immediately after the suit checkpoint the dupe's can grab without getting in a suit, if that helps?

(here we have nails grabbing a pepperbread)

image.thumb.png.e0ae6b635a4fa3668c0c4d17457ad393.png

23 minutes ago, Serpher said:

What's weirder is that you can't make Large/Wide Canvases anymore since like 2 updates ago. (no without CTRL+F4)

they got moved around in the research so if you're continuing an old game you might not have unlocked them in the new setup?

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Metal Refinery once again requires enough coolant to begin fabrication

quietly avoids updating for a bit... :D

Edited by LeftyRighty

18 minutes ago, Serpher said:

Fine Art is a new research subject hence why one does not has it unless unlocked. I can make those just fine.

Not quite sure if Niobium now makes much of a difference since it'd add like 10-12 decor. The problem with large paintings by the by is how much decor they net in comparison, which is much less than 50% more for 50% more space.

Though what I found more odd is that my Atmo Suits disappeared in my old save... but I think it might very well be my own fault for reporting that Exosuit was synonymous with Atmo Suit in many cases, of items before Jet Suits were introduced. (tehe~)

I've been launching a lot of rockets since the update before and haven't had any issues with disappearing rocket parts!

Suggestion: For the new mouse-friendly threshold entry, the options should be one magnitude smaller, 100g/1.000g instead of 1.000g/10.000g for the atmo-sensor for example, that'd be more useful.