Qol DST-to-DS Suggestions

4 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

One small change I'd like to have in single player is to have the ability to hold the Space bar on Tooth Traps and reset them that way without picking them up. Right-clicking on them can be finicky at times.

Totally forgot about this. I'll add this to the list as well!

42 minutes ago, zzKratoszz said:

Berry bush hats are hard to use because your character will randomly exit them, voice lines, food spoils, and ect.

:o

I'm think food is still supposed to spoil, but When food turns to rot and for voice lines (like examining stuff), it's most certainly the case! As for the "randomly exit them" part, does that mean that if you did nothing and no voice lines came about, you just randomly exit? That's interesting.

Edit: I misunderstood "food spoils" as food is not supposed to spoil, when it actually means that when food spoils, you come out of hiding.

5 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I see people complaining about my Fuelweaver suggestions a fair bit, so maybe they shouldn't add it. But I would like to see SOME way to reset the Ruins...

Using the Teleportato in SW will regenerate SW, the volcano, all 3 caves, and all 3 ruins, but not your RoG or Hamlet worlds.

In DST, Ice Flingomatics have an EMERGENCY MODE aspect to them, where the ice flingomatics automatically turn on if it detects that a fire has occurred within its range after a certain amount of time has passed.

I've added that in the list, but posting here just in case that gets missed.

No to thermal stone durability.

What about letting us tame beefalo?

Biggest fix klei should focus on is fixing the seaworthy from destroying entire saves. Almost every DS player who has played a long time has told me they have ruined saves because of the seaworthy. Players aren't going to continue making 1k+ day saves only to have it destroyed. It ruins the game for them.

On 12/10/2018 at 2:46 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

I see people complaining about my Fuelweaver suggestions a fair bit, so maybe they shouldn't add it. But I would like to see SOME way to reset the Ruins...

You load up on loot and go to a new world through the teleportato. The new world will have new caves and ruins. Players have been doing this for years. The Fuelweaver only exists because DST doesn’t support world hopping.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:37 PM, Rellimarual said:

You load up on loot and go to a new world through the teleportato. The new world will have new caves and ruins. Players have been doing this for years. The Fuelweaver only exists because DST doesn’t support world hopping.

or if you like your rog world going through the teleportato in shipwrecked also resets the caves 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, lakhnish said:
  1. Commit to attack system in DS versus fake attack system in DST *(the fake attack system is better as you're not locked into an animation.)

tbh I like attack prioritization in single player much much better... attack canceling is useful BUT attacking the nearest target (DS) instead of remembering your last attacked creature (DST) is just way more consistent and logical IMO... there is an exception with walls in single player.. for some reason target priority for walls is super crazy in sp

------------

my suggestions:

- Queen Womant drops bundling wraps... it fits the theme of Hamlet and the Mantis Colony IMO... or adding another way to obtain them... I wouldn't like to see a Bee Queen necessarily.. maybe another mob specially created for single player that drops them might be absolutely awesome!

- Cafe store (minespatch idea) with beverages and pastries. 

- Fences and doors

- Mini signs

- Emotes and Skins (I think they might have to link DS and DST for that.. or something) or even better... unique emotes and skins for single player... 

- Allow other "chester" type creatures to travel to different worlds.. Give chester a transformation where he can get wings and fly pls

---

tbh I wouldn't like to see so many structures translated one to one from DST cuz I would appreciate more to have unique structures for DS. Maybe something similar to the Furnace might be cool... but not exactly the same concept or form

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

tbh I like attack prioritization in single player much much better... attack canceling is useful BUT attacking the nearest target (DS) instead of remembering your last attacked creature (DST) is just way more consistent and logical IMO... there is an exception with walls in single player.. for some reason target priority for walls is super crazy in sp

yeah fight with multiple shadow creatures or a boss with enemies everywhere then you might want it to remember to attack the shadow creature with 10 health instead of the other one thats farther away, but it still targets

Wold Gen (long time awaited) fix for "more," "less" and "lots" :

setting "more" in world gen results in an invasion instead of having 2 or three in more or like maybe 5% more, which is what most people want... "More" in world gen translates to "it's f-ing everywhere" and "lots" translates to "u can't walk 1 tile without seeing 20 of them and crashing the game at the same time."  

Pls add some other world gen options ("some" maybe?) or fix current ones cuz they make no sense (except for bosses. I think they work ok.) A numerical value is needed too IMO, sometimes u just one want an extra McTusk camp, but with "more" u get like 20 and in every possible biome.

8 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Wold Gen (long time awaited) fix for "more," "less" and "lots" :

setting "more" in world gen results in an invasion instead of having 2 or three in more or like maybe 5% more, which is what most people want... "More" in world gen translates to "it's f-ing everywhere" and "lots" translates to "u can't walk 1 tile without seeing 20 of them and crashing the game at the same time."  

Pls add some other world gen options ("some" maybe?) or fix current ones cuz they make no sense (except for bosses. I think they work ok.) A numerical value is needed too IMO, sometimes u just one want an extra McTusk camp, but with "more" u get like 20 and in every possible biome.

I also think they should add the ability to change the Cave/Ruins options as well. You can in DST, so why not here? This would also apply to the Hamlet Cave Clefts and Pig Ruins.

One more thing - make walls immune to earthquakes like they are in DST. It wasn't like that at first but ANR (I think it was ANR) made them immune. Minerals/small creatures/gems just bounce off them and make walls/fences viable underground aswell.
Well, 'viable', we all know walls won't defend you anyway, but they have some uses and can look very nice.

It seems this post was shooting for the moon. The only thing that wasn't added that I really wanted to see from this post was the first point; the ability to cancel to attack animation when attacking, a.k.a. the fake attack system in DST. From there, it just became a big list of nearly all the QoL differences between DS & DST that either I could think of or that the community provided, which I'm thankful for.

Regardless, here's some more things that I've missed post QoL. Putting it here so to show that my last edit on the main post will be Dec. 17. 

• ** Walls are immune to earthquakes ... [as] minerals/small creatures/gems just bound off them. (Credits to Maslak for bringing this up).
  • Scaled Flooring is DST exclusive.
  • Tail O' Three Cats is DST exclusive.
  • Water Balloons are DST exclusive (though they're not really useful imo).

Archived