[Game Update] - 297993

1 Regolith Meteors once again drop enough regolith to blanket the surface in a protective layer and prevent destruction of the surface. The deeper the regolith layer, the less regolith meteors will deposit, up to about 8 tiles.

This i don't like. I will test it in put my feedback. I think that whit this modification this power system will not be more viable.

image.thumb.png.6380523c24238c89e12fe598b7b58317.png

• Sad 1

I'm still crashing even on a new colony. Freezes then dies with no black hole or error log. It took around 100 cycles before the first crash but they steadily got more and more common leading up to cycle 170. Now it's unplayable. I really have no idea why both my colonies are like this now.

9 hours ago, akrabat14 said:

nope. I use Google as a translator and copying the text this background appears by itself and I cannot delete it

You can paste as plain text by right-clicking.

Things not mentioned here that are bugging me:

• dupe portraits are not showing in job (J) and shift (.) menus
  • dupe hats are not showing in priorities menu (L)
  • 'dragging' orders get interrupted (eg. building several tiles in a row)
  • new music gets 'sleepy' VERY fast - wish we could have a player where we can skip tracks.
Edited by Grimgaw

16 hours ago, ruhrohraggy said:

If I read the regolith part right, I'm actually kinda sad there's no more urgency to get the surface destruction "handled". That was a fun mid-game goal, with the threat of losing biomes to fiery death balls

That... that was not fun.

32 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

I'm still crashing even on a new colony. Freezes then dies with no black hole or error log. It took around 100 cycles before the first crash but they steadily got more and more common leading up to cycle 170. Now it's unplayable. I really have no idea why both my colonies are like this now.

Same, ran fine for many cycles and now it reliably hangs on a specific cycle. Seems to be related to production on my grill, like I said it ran fine for many cycles earlier and now as soon as a random production on my grill ends (as in the pepper bread is done) the game hangs. If I disable the grill it goes through the cycle fine.

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

Sry to hear that, would be ean easy soloution..

They are not the only one having the problem.   It seems to be quite a number of us that are running into non-stop crashing with this update.  It is honestly 100% unplayable.   The moment I try to use any production building the game hangs, then drops to desktop.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Iriswaters said:

They are not the only one having the problem.   It seems to be quite a number of us that are running into non-stop crashing with this update.  It is honestly 100% unplayable.   The moment I try to use any production building the game hangs, then drops to desktop.  

I had that before last preview patch with Metal refinery, but now it works for me..

22 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Regolith Meteors once again drop enough regolith to blanket the surface in a protective layer and prevent destruction of the surface. The deeper the regolith layer, the less regolith meteors will deposit, up to about 8 tiles.
  • A "full" regolith tile reduced to 1000kg from 1840kg.

After 100 cycle, it feel like back 6 month ago, when all you are doing is dealing with regolith. I only have half the map that open up (solar power prod & scanner) and each shower i fill 8 full storage compactor (even with the RedBuild limit wich was up to 2 case above)

Had to groom my ShoveHole so they can keep up (btw they can't) i'm thinking about building a 2nd Stable. That's mean 16 shove groomed just to maybe don't lag behind in the regolith supression. (with only half the map open)

With that much regolith, the heat is an issue again, i can cool down the sweeper/miner, but what's the point? i need more energy to cool everything down than my 18 solar panel can produce.

In the end, you have two choice, either don't bother at all with solar production/scanner or just leave the regolith on the floor and wait until there's so much that the game start lagging.

I think the solution is to set back the red build limit with only 1 case up or lower the amount you get by 2 maybe 3, or lower the temp so you don't have to use nobium everywhere.

Edited by Orianes

freezecrashed while selecting infinite sleet breads

@Ipsquiggle i would appreciate the "normal" error logging like it was before, not such unreadable crap like this

Spoiler

Assertion failed
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Assert(Boolean)
StructureTemperatureComponents:UpdateSimState(StructureTemperaturePayload&) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\StructureTemperature.cs:412)
StructureTemperatureComponents:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\StructureTemperature.cs:310)
KComponents:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KComponents.cs:116)
KComponentSpawn:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KComponentSpawn.cs:32)
Sim200msUpdater:Update(ISim200ms, Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\SimAndRenderScheduler.cs:227)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1:Update(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:62)
BucketGroup:AdvanceOneSubTick(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:140)
StateMachineUpdater:AdvanceOneSimSubTick() (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:227)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Game.cs:1221)
Game:Update() (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Game.cs:1197)

Edited by linainverse

2 hours ago, linainverse said:

freezecrashed while selecting infinite sleet breads

@Ipsquiggle i would appreciate the "normal" error logging like it was before, not such unreadable crap like this

Reveal hidden contents

Assertion failed
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:Assert(Boolean)
StructureTemperatureComponents:UpdateSimState(StructureTemperaturePayload&) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\StructureTemperature.cs:412)
StructureTemperatureComponents:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\StructureTemperature.cs:310)
KComponents:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KComponents.cs:116)
KComponentSpawn:Sim200ms(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\KComponentSpawn.cs:32)
Sim200msUpdater:Update(ISim200ms, Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\SimAndRenderScheduler.cs:227)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1:Update(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:62)
BucketGroup:AdvanceOneSubTick(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:140)
StateMachineUpdater:AdvanceOneSimSubTick() (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\Plugins\Klei\util\StateMachineUpdater.cs:227)
Game:SimEveryTick(Single) (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Game.cs:1221)
Game:Update() (at D:\JenkinsWorkspace\Preview_Simgame_Windows\game\Assets\scripts\game\Game.cs:1197)

The devs want that information though...

They want to know exactly what happened to cause the game crash

Edited by gary9996

3 hours ago, gary9996 said:

The devs want that information though...

They want to know exactly what happened to cause the game crash

Sure, and that's fine, it'd just be nice to be able to roll back to something playable after a couple crashes, instead of walking away from the game until it's fixed(or forever if someone gets annoyed enough)

As i said. This modification i don't like it at all. What you see is one dust comet = 5266.4 kg of regolith... and from the beghining of the storm i have 2 until now. 10k regolith my 5 shove vole will not eat until the next storm... so here we go again.

My solution. I will close the surface off and open it only for the landing of my rocket...by bye solar panels

image.thumb.png.17ccacb0c479c15c6d2831413dc10110.png

Post edith: from 0 regolith to 16 tones in one meteor shower. Sory but i will not play whit solar panel any more.....

image.thumb.png.8747c72490b874bf010f5c7fd870afa1.png

Edited by tzionut

11 hours ago, tzionut said:

As i said. This modification i don't like it at all. What you see is one dust comet = 5266.4 kg of regolith... and from the beghining of the storm i have 2 until now. 10k regolith my 5 shove vole will not eat until the next storm... so here we go again.

My solution. I will close the surface off and open it only for the landing of my rocket...by bye solar panels

image.thumb.png.17ccacb0c479c15c6d2831413dc10110.png

Post edith: from 0 regolith to 16 tones in one meteor shower. Sory but i will not play whit solar panel any more.....

image.thumb.png.8747c72490b874bf010f5c7fd870afa1.png

I just leave the regolith on the glass after the miners do their thing.  what is problem with this?  (assuming you have miners on a ceiling vs on the glass which over heats them)

I just leave the regolith on the glass after the miners do their thing.  what is problem with this?  (assuming you have miners on a ceiling vs on the glass which over heats them)

The regolith is the problem. It heated the glass, and the hydrogen beneath it, over 75 degrees the solar panels get damage. This is the first problem. The second is the quantity of it. It slow my laptop because it accumulate more and more. In this version i can't destroy it faster then get from asteroids ( i have 5 wild shove vole) and i get 20 - 30t / shower....you do the math...

Post edith: and i don't want to use the horizontal door to miraculous disappear the regolith (i consider it a bug)

So except for the time my rocket will get on and from the space it will be no more input of regolith. Even sow. I will not build any more (this was the first, and will be the last) solar panels in the space area for energy (my plan in this game was only solar power) and the system was stable before this change, now is unbalanced again whit this change. I don't understand why, but as i said before. To much regolith is always to much.

It was the solution to reduce the damage made by the iron comet but instead kley want a perpetual protective hot layer...so my question is why go to the space? For what? In this version you will not need to get  to the space, and if you will go there you will have more problems then you will have if you didn't go in the first place...

Edited by tzionut

18 minutes ago, tzionut said:

The regolith is the problem. It heated the glass, and the hydrogen beneath it, over 75 degrees the solar panels get damage. This is the first problem. The second is the quantity of it. It slow my laptop because it accumulate more and more. In this version i can't destroy it faster then get from asteroids ( i have 5 wild shove vole) and i get 20 - 30t / shower....you do the math...

Post edith: and i don't want to use the horizontal door to miraculous disappear the regolith (i consider it a bug)

So except for the time my rocket will get on and from the space it will be no more input of regolith. Even sow. I will not build any more (this was the first, and will be the last) solar panels in the space area for energy (my plan in this game was only solar power) and the system was stable before this change, now is unbalanced again whit this change. I don't understand why, but as i said before. To much regolith is always to much.

It was the solution to reduce the damage made by the iron comet but instead kley want a perpetual protective hot layer...so my question is why go to the space? For what? In this version you will not need to get  to the space, and if you will go there you will have more problems then you will have if you didn't go in the first place...

solution.  leave area below glass and for that matter the solar panels  in vacuum.  problem solved.

You have seen the picture? i can send you more. For doing that i must move all the builds 2 spaces down. In spoilesr you will understand whit this in not posibile

Spoiler

So from top i have sensors under the bunker doors, miners ans sweepers for regolith, Under the glass  solar panels, a row a battery, whezee, and four more rows of battery,

image.thumb.png.27ab8eefb27500f403fc3185ff83f323.png

Then my condensation chlorine room, and under shove vole and regolith feeder, so for doing what you suggest i must vert in space all the hydrogen and chlorine pumped until now? for what? Because kley increase the regolith dropped? No thanks.

image.thumb.png.3cb7dec1239f8af7d0421da6e97bc891.png

Edited by tzionut

44 minutes ago, tzionut said:

You have seen the picture? i can send you more. For doing that i must move all the builds 2 spaces down. In spoilesr you will understand whit this in not posibile

Hide contents

So from top i have sensors under the bunker doors, miners ans sweepers for regolith, Under the glass  solar panels, a row a battery, whezee, and four more rows of battery,

image.thumb.png.27ab8eefb27500f403fc3185ff83f323.png

Then my condensation chlorine room, and under shove vole and regolith feeder, so for doing what you suggest i must vert in space all the hydrogen and chlorine pumped until now? for what? Because kley increase the regolith dropped? No thanks.

image.thumb.png.3cb7dec1239f8af7d0421da6e97bc891.png

well, I meant your next base.  but you could delete wallpaper if it was originally vacuum.  I always keep rockets, solar, and regolith in vacuum.