Any predictions on whats gonna be on the last big update?

6 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

It seems to be forgotten (or my memory is playing tricks on me, wouldn't be the first time) that it was said in a stream that the Shadow Chess shenanigans also will get some new schtuff.

And hopefully they get some tweaks to the fight so that their attacks can actually be avoided normally...

So, about that new character. I also don't think they'll add new character to the game but who knows.

If they do so, I can bet it's gonna be some 'support' character, if you know what I mean. Not intended to fight/do something on their own, but to work greatly with others so Klei won't have to port it to DS
But I can't really think of anything right now.

1 hour ago, Maslak said:

So, about that new character. I also don't think they'll add new character to the game but who knows.

If they do so, I can bet it's gonna be some 'support' character, if you know what I mean. Not intended to fight/do something on their own, but to work greatly with others so Klei won't have to port it to DS
But I can't really think of anything right now.

I was originally thinking Winnie would make the cut (she has a yawn sound file after all, so she seems the most finished). However, she looks a lot like Wigfrid, and i wouldn't be surprised if she was canned completely and recreated into Wig. It's funny how these characters would probably be complete polar opposites.

All i'm hoping for from DST at the moment is:

-A new character

-A new boss

-Reworks to some things (perhaps expand the desert oasis loot table a bit, hm? Maybe a chance to get stuff like gears and gems from wet packages would offset the time spent fishing for them :wilson_sneaky:)

-Something to do with the shadow atrium. Maybe make the moon caller's staff craftable to give the Iridescent Gem a purpose. It'd also make the Moon Caller's Staff more easily renewable.

-Potentially more skins? Valentine's day accesories perhaps? I bet most of the people here will also agree we could use another full character skin (perhaps not SPECIFICALLY the Rose set,  but we can dream..)

If you count the shadow clockworks, then the game has nine bosses: the four original giants, guardian, bee queen, toad stool, Klaus and shadows. That's plenty. But since stalker looks to be a boss too, I'm crossing my fingers that Klei will have more imagination than to just pile on another boss.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

If you count the shadow clockworks, then the game has nine bosses: the four original giants, guardian, bee queen, toad stool, Klaus and shadows. That's plenty. But since stalker looks to be a boss too, I'm crossing my fingers that Klei will have more imagination than to just pile on another boss.

I was gonna say someting along the lines of "make it an actual active threat with a regular HP stat and not just a giant meatsack that you waste 30 spears on" but i eventually decided to leave that part out.

We definitely DON'T need another raid boss.

6 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Aren't Spider Queens and Treegaurds also bosses?

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Not really.

Well uh technically yeah

They do use the epic fight music and have large health pools. They're simply too easy for people to actually CALL them a boss. So... if we're counting bosses the amount would be 11.

(forgive me for being a smartypants)

21 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Well uh technically yeah

They do use the epic fight music and have large health pools. They're simply too easy for people to actually CALL them a boss. So... if we're counting bosses the amount would be 11.

(forgive me for being a smartypants)

Yea, I usually call them mini-bosses due to the reasons you stated. 

What I find really amusing about those guys is that the DRAMATIC!  BOSS-BATTLE MUSIC! will start if you start fighting _anything_ within their vicinity, nowhere near the actual boss or mini-boss itself.  For example, just the other day I got jumped by hounds near a treeguard that had been wandering around, neutral and friendly, for years.  EPIC BOSS BATTLE TIME! while the treeguard just calmly walks by and I'm like "Hey Steve!  Little help over here?" (And yes, the hounds did eventually bite him too.)

Because I'm silly, I also kinda miss when the combat music would start just because _you picked a cactus_!, but I understand why they took that out.  It was TOO funny while it lasted, though.  : P

...Notorious

On 2/8/2017 at 5:41 AM, JellyUltra said:

I don't get why everybody wants a big boss fight with Charlie. Have you seen the combat system in this game? It's either repetitive hitting and dodging, or crafting a ton of armor and face-tanking everything.

As long as we get new items that benefits us, im always down for anything if we get new items.

@DatShadowJK I doubt this game will die off for awhile, plenty of people play and its the devs most successful game that they released so far, and imo, new content will likely come out, but in bits instead of chunks after the last update.

I would love new mobs, that would mean maybe another food source or item to create.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, AniMike said:

@DatShadowJK I doubt this game will die off for awhile, plenty of people play and its the devs most successful game that they released so far, and imo, new content will likely come out, but in bits instead of chunks after the last update.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll keep sending in small updates and events.

Plus, there are two big mods coming for DST after ANR, Island Adventures (a Shipwrecked port) and Unnatural Selection (a community DLC-sized mod) :)

Archived