How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

@WishIHadAFridge @AnonymousKoala @Punkyoshi555 When Seth was around he told a story on stream about how he was doing some sort of wilderness excursion as a kid one time (boy scouts I think?), and he was out in the woods with a potato. He made a potato cup so he could drink water. He then made one on stream while telling the story.

The story grew and grew and became so dnak, it form maymay.

Not sure why nome is associated with it now. Did he make the image that looks like a mockup of a Steam item version of the potato cup?

Edit: Seth as in SethR, the former Klei dev.

2 minutes ago, rezecib said:

@WishIHadAFridge @AnonymousKoala @Punkyoshi555 When Seth was around he told a story on stream about how he was doing some sort of wilderness excursion as a kid one time (boy scouts I think?), and he was out in the woods with a potato. He made a potato cup so he could drink water. He then made one on stream while telling the story.

Not sure why nome is associated with it now. Did he make the image that looks like a mockup of a Steam item version of the potato cup?

Now I want to make a potato cup

16 minutes ago, unkoun said:

On the subject of shadowskins- can we make it canon to call each "evil" character by their "M" equivilants? :3 (Milson, Millow, MX78, Mendy, etc) 

Jeje, no we can't, in that way Maxwell should be called Milliam, but as you suggest if everyone should have a "shadow new name" all characters should have a totally different name with M

35 minutes ago, rezecib said:

Thank you for sharing the story of the mighty potato cup. Time to write a holy book of some kind and convince more people to follow the potato.

1 hour ago, Miss said:

Time to write a holy book of some kind and convince more people to follow the potato.

Well... *clears throat*

Once upon a time, there was a young boy. He loved adventures, games and potatoes. He's name was Seth, Seth the R. He used to spend all his time in the wilderness, chasing rabbits, building sheds, killing ants and farming potatoes. He always felt the strenght of the forest, the trees, the animals and the potatoes within him, when he entered his kingdom. His mom wasn't that happy about the whole forest thing and always made sure he had plenty of food in his treehouse, even though Seth didn't want her to enter his castle in the heights of the majestic trees. He always wanted to make some friends, but besides the squirrels, there wasn't anyone to play with. Later he got bored and bought the newest Game Boy. But, that was a big mistake, as he started to escape the forest with his mind. He wasn't one with nature anymore. And the nature got pissed! It started to rain. And it started to rain heavier. And heavier! Because poor Seth became a game developer, he forgot the way home. When his Game Boy ran out of battery, he began to consume all the Doritoes his mum gave him. But what he didn't had, in order to survive, was some water to drink. Luckily, it was still raining and Seth thought for a while he's too OP for the nature. However, he soon realised, he had nothing to collect the water with. He ate the rest of the Doritoes and started to count how many potatoes he had, just like in the movie Martian. And so, the young boy was eating the potatoes for the next five days, while it was still raining. Having to catch the water from rain in his mouth was pretty exhausting and he was becoming more and more thirsty every day spent in the wilderness. When it looked like he had no chance of surviving on the sixth day, he was, with the fear of the death in his eyes, eating his last potato. He was carving it like a pumpkin, putting the insides of it on the wood plate he made yesterday, just to make his last meal a bit special, when suddenly, a lightning stoke the roof of his treehouse, making a small hole in it. Seth covered his eyes, but there wasn't any water drops falling on his face. He slowly realised all the water was collecting in the carved potato. It was almost full already. Seth rushed to the cup and took a big sip of fresh water. He felt the energy going through his veins again. He drank the whole cup and started laughing. The nature saved him. The potato saved him. THE HOLY POTATO CUP! He swore to his Game Boy's battery, that he will become a successful video game developer, making survival games with rain, teaching everyone how to survive such a harsh weather anomaly. He swore the he will spread the great knowledge about the holy potato cup on a livestream. A while after that, the rain stopped. Seth the R, the Great Potato Cup Inventor, went home. He grew older and started making homeworks and fulfilling his duty...

2 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

Well... *clears throat*

Once upon a time, there was a young boy. He loved adventures, games and potatoes. He's name was Seth, Seth the R. He used to spend all his time in the wilderness, chasing rabbits, building sheds, killing ants and farming potatoes. He always felt the strenght of the forest, the trees, the animals and the potatoes within him, when h...

Please marry me

1 minute ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Seth R. is the god...... Nome is the profit........ together we are the Potato Cup DISCIPLES!!!!!!

wow i didnt think we'd be so desperate as to create an entire new religion.....how long has it been since cyclum started.....i cant remember
but since nome is jesus that means he must die for all our memes

So going back to about how adventure mode would work, why not just have a box you can check when starting up a server similar to RoG and Shipwrecked. That will generate an adventure mode specific world and solve the server issue of overworld + caves + adventure mode. There really isn't much of a reason for the adventure mode portal as nothing carries between the worlds, so they don't have to be connected on the same server anyway.

5 minutes ago, WillPwn4Food said:

So going back to about how adventure mode would work, why not just have a box you can check when starting up a server similar to RoG and Shipwrecked. That will generate an adventure mode specific world and solve the server issue of overworld + caves + adventure mode. There really isn't much of a reason for the adventure mode portal as nothing carries between the worlds, so they don't have to be connected on the same server anyway.

Thats cool, but I'm thinking a co-op dungeon type Adventure mode.

Extract from The Book of Nutrients, most prominently that of Carbohydrates, Salmons 2: 7 - 12:

'Nome shall come on the last day of the world gen, and shall proclaim to the world...

'The good shall be rewarded in Potatohaven with a bountiful amount of cups carved from tuberous crops, and the bad shall be punished and berated by PeterA in Maymays!''

I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought: how about Adventure mode being PVP? Up to five players compete against each other and their environment for the coveted spot on the Nightmare Throne, but is it really as awesome as they might have been led to believe...

Disclaimer: Any similarity to other fictional competitions to the death *cough*Hunger Games*cough* is purely coincidental.

4 minutes ago, JohaneBrote said:

I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought: how about Adventure mode being PVP? Up to five players compete against each other and their environment for the coveted spot on the Nightmare Throne, but is it really as awesome as they might have been led to believe...

Disclaimer: Any similarity to other fictional competitions to the death *cough*Hunger Games*cough* is purely coincidental.

Oh my god I can see the Wigfrids now....

4 minutes ago, JohaneBrote said:

Well, I mean, Wendy and Webber are pretty young.

Welp, that'll start some fanfics with some silky smooth antics since that'll make them Gale and Katniss or… something. 

Archived