[Game Update] - 253063

• Developer
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when using Conveyors.
  • Smart Battery uses correct icon in the Automation Overlay.
  • Clear floor debug menu option should work once again.
  • Oxygen Overlay tooltip should once again show oxygen contents of cells on hover.
  • Fixed a bug with conduit temperature transfer.
  • The word "Unassigned" in the Jobs screen should now be translatable.
  • Sculptures/Paintings should no longer complain about the colony not having an artist after they have been completed.
  • Rooms with only half a horizontal door being accessible should now be properly considered as rooms.
  • Storage Compactors containing sublimating material should no longer animate every time the material sublimates.
  • Missing research station notification should no longer appear as "UNKNOWN TAGs".
  • Click and hovering over a dead Dupe should no longer show a tooltip claiming that the Dupe cannot die because the death job is already assigned.
  • Fixed layering on Heavi Conductive Joint Plate.
  • Groundskeeper job now has a small Athletics affinity and gets experience from flipping compost.
  • Dupes can now dig out buildings before construction materials are delivered for all buildings except Ladders.
  • Higher tier dig orders should no longer be missing dig icons.
  • Printing Pod is no longer overheatable.
  • Steam Turbine should now properly decelerate.
  • Fixed layering on ore leaving the Conveyor Loader.
  • Dupes should no longer consider offscreen ore as reachable.
  • Hovering over a building and switching to the sweep tool should no longer cause hover text to linger on the screen.
  • Fixed the word "germs" showing up twice on one of the germ tooltips.
  • Job mastery tooltip will now properly display what job needs to be mastered.
  • Auto-Sweepers should no longer take equipment off of Dupes.
  • Misc crash fixes.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Click and hovering over a dead dupe should no longer show a tooltip claiming that this dupe cannot die because the death job is already assigned.

You could have kept that one just for lolz in the preview.

In regards to the other fixes. Thanks, now I think I can manage doing another round.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the fixes :)

Bug about Jobs?

I've unassigned a Dup that was Tier 3 Miner to test the "Jobless" list, when I put him on the Digger tree, I return to 50% as a apprentice Miner.

Before :

jobless2.thumb.png.fde907569e70424a4f49c92b703ac5a8.png

Unassignement (Jobless or any other jobs) :

jobless3.thumb.png.94b218372b4cd07b68663dee7a4336d3.png

Returning to Miner :

jobless1.thumb.png.ac86d4b426a1b0891d9da6aa16694b3d.png

I can't go back tier 3 !

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Thanks for the fixes :)

Bug about Jobs?

I've unassigned a Dup that was Tier 3 Miner to test the "Jobless" list, when I put him on the Digger tree, I return to 50% as a apprentice Miner.

Before :

jobless2.thumb.png.fde907569e70424a4f49c92b703ac5a8.png

Unassignement (Jobless or any other jobs) :

jobless3.thumb.png.94b218372b4cd07b68663dee7a4336d3.png

Returning to Miner :

jobless1.thumb.png.ac86d4b426a1b0891d9da6aa16694b3d.png

I can't go back tier 3 !

Did you use debug more to get to tier 3?  Because when you are on tier 1, it says 51% mastery, meaning that he doesn't qualify for tier 3 yet.  Or did he already master it and got reduced to 51%?

Edited by Zarquan

Just now, Zarquan said:

Did you use debug more to get to tier 3?  Because when you are on tier 1, it says 51% mastery, meaning that he doesn't qualify for tier 3 yet.  Or did he already master it?

Nope I was already tier 3 without console. I was 50% on the tier 3, that why after my respec I'm 50% at tier 1.

5 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

And what about polluted water which overproduce polluted oxygen? :)

Sans titre.png

This has to be the most annoying this.  If it was able to get to 3kg, ok....popped eardrums but ok.  But 81Kg?  That's going to fill half a map and there's no way to get rid of it.  It needs a limit.  

Just now, Saturnus said:

@Cheerio The problem @SamLogan describes above is very serious. It means that if you even by accident takes a dupe off being a master seasoned miner. All it takes is one wrong mouse click. Then you have to start retraining them all the way back from Apprentice Miners again. No job masteries are retained.

You can roll back your save.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Amara313 said:

This has to be the most annoying this.  If it was able to get to 3kg, ok....popped eardrums but ok.  But 81Kg?  That's going to fill half a map and there's no way to get rid of it.  It needs a limit.  

I don't know if its producing more now than before, but regardless think of it as more of an opportunity than a problem.  Free oxygen means less water and electricity spent.  Just have to spend some sand instead.  Many late game systems revolve around creating polluted oxygen on purpose, so you could also just store this for later

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Dupes can now dig out buildings before construction materials are delivered for all buildings

Great :)

46 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Dupes can now dig out buildings before construction materials are delivered for all buildings except Ladders.

But now my Diggers/Builders keep getting stuck because the rock tile behind the unbuild ladder block them!

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Did you use debug more to get to tier 3?  Because when you are on tier 1, it says 51% mastery, meaning that he doesn't qualify for tier 3 yet.  Or did he already master it and got reduced to 51%?

Looking into it. Could you could send me your save file or post it in the bug forum? Thanks!

34 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

And what about polluted water which overproduce polluted oxygen? :)

Sans titre.png

This has been the case for a very long time, not anything new and Like mentiones, its more of a bonus since it usually does not have slimelung in it unless you mine a slime tile!

26 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

You can roll back your save.

Well, there is also the implication that it is impossible to become a mechatronics engineer now. Not hard but literally Impossible. As it requires the dupe to switch job branch and have mastery in two separate branches. Since job masteries are not retained outside the current branch that will be impossible.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

Oxygen Overlay tooltip should once again show oxygen contents of cells on hover.

By far my favorite fix ever.

55 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Oh. This is bad. This is a game breaker in the current state where you have to change jobs because the schedulers performs so poorly.

Glad it's been noted so quickly.

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

Well, there is also the implication that it is impossible to become a mechatronics engineer now. Not hard but literally Impossible. As it requires the dupe to switch job branch and have mastery in two separate branches. Since job masteries are not retained outside the current branch that will be impossible.

It is so game breaking, that i wont be playing till they fix this. 500 cycles in it's just not worth that sorts of sadness. I can deal with random bugs, like game insta crashes if you connect solid goods rail to a pre-build box (goes for both in and outgoing boxes), but if you make the rail first and then place the box on the rail = all good. But this a entirely other story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Dupes can now dig out buildings before construction materials are delivered for all buildings except Ladders.

That's a two-edged sword. It allows executing the delivery and digging simultaneously but also increases risk some dupes will 'burn all bridges' to their colony while digging for buildings that can't be built yet ... and in a while, can't even get the materials delivered.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

That's a two-edged sword. It allows executing the delivery and digging simultaneously but also increases risk some dupes will 'burn all bridges' to their colony while digging for buildings that can't be built yet ... and in a while, can't even get the materials delivered.

I fully agree. This requires more micromanagement on our part, which is true since this upgrade in terms of digging anyways. Before the update the duplicants would prioritize building over digging on the same priority. This made digging up large areas stress and micromanagement free, since you could build ladders and paint dig tasks over them. The duplicants would always first build the ladders. Now with the miner specialization your dupes will get stuck if you do it this way.

• Like 1

• Developer
5 hours ago, Zarquan said:

The bug was that the amount of experience required increased so if you assigned the dupe to that role, they needed to get some experience to master the role once again. This should be fixed as of 253205.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I've had my miner nearly kill himself about once every two cycles mining out all the space for new tiles, and in doing so, either trapped himself in water or in CO2. Tiles still need to follow the resource before mining rule as well.

I have heard discussion that disease has been made stronger...  Can you guys look at this?  I keep making small colonies and the only way to fight disease with a starting colony is with a med bed;  and it takes about 3 full cycles of your dupe dancing around like a moron sneezing and barfing all over the place for them to get back up to 30% health - and this is with game settings Immunity:STRONG -  That's nuts.   Consider updating how the med-bed works and make it slightly more effective.  Because when I have a base with 6 dupes. 3 are sick-making the other 3 sick- everyone is barfing everywhere and there's nothing to do but let everyone die... and start over....   is an awful way to kill the game 45min into starting a base.   I don't mind having to be more cognizant of disease-  But treating it and containing it needs to be made slightly more effective;  because the larger a base gets, the more complicated this spirals into, and there's very little in the game to get your dupes back on track and not puking and pooping everywhere.  (eh... total mess)