[Game Update] - 243407

• Developer
  • Console commands now use the new text auto-completion.
  • Fixed bug where pasting text into the console with [Ctrl+V] would toggle off “Remote”.
  • Fixed bug where certain symbols before ":" would prevent auto-completion for chat emoticons.
  • Fixed bug where random character selection sometimes loads the wrong clothing options.
  • Selecting heads in the Curio Cabinet will now load the full outfit.
  • Fixed missing descriptions for some Belongings in the Curio Cabinet.
  • Fixed bug where controller Backpack slots may not reappear when resuming a game as Werebeaver and later transforming back to Woodie.
  • Fixed bug where controller crafting and inventory did not close automatically when Woodie transforms into Werebeaver.
  • Fixed bug with Backpack skins not working properly in game.
  • Fixed issues causing Shop purchases in certain regions to fail due to Steam’s new currency requirements.

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Can maybe an option to disable auto-complete be added into the Settings page? Personally I don't like the console auto-complete system (and I always worry I'll make a mistake while sending a chat message because of autocorrect) and I'd really like it if there was an option to disable it.

And there's an empty spot left in the settings page so it fits:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a0bf839f2ac1881abd92c5d7aa328030.png

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 8

On 24.11.2017 at 8:29 AM, JohnWatson said:

no they're not

frankly i'm a bit torn on them because on the one hand now i don't have to google every damn command and prefab i want to look for..

but on the other hand the autoselect gets annoying sometimes.

still though, typing "no they're not" without giving even a single constructive point is something that really annoys me, personally

• Like 1

On 23.11.2017 at 6:21 PM, V2C said:
  • Console commands now use the new text auto-completion.

Are you going to add an option to turn it off?
Did yo even tested this autocomplete feature? It is a brilliant idea, but how it works is just horrible !

Eg. You want to give any item, so you write:
c_g and it shows you c_give. You hit enter, but instead of c_give you get c_give , which is not any help, cause now you have to remove the space at the end.

And I usually first write: c_give("") and then add the prefab, but when I hit enter after adding the prefab it will change "cutgrass" to "cutgrass" " which just sucks.

So you really have to remove the space! It just nonsense of course.
But additionally we need option to disable it.

edit:
I think the best would be 3 settings:
On, Off and "hints".
When it is set to "hints", then it will still show you what you could mean. So if you write "tail" it will show you all the prefabs witt "tail" in the name. But it won't crush your command when hitting enter :)
(yes I know I can hit ESC and then enter, but common...)

Edited by Serpens
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Serpens said:

And I usually first write: c_give("") and than add the prefab, but when I hit enter after adding the prefab it will change "cutgrass" to "cutgrass" " which just sucks.

This, this is the biggest, worst and most annoying problem with the auto-completion. If this would be fixed, this auto-completion would be an amazing thing!

• Like 1