About Ancient Anchor

dk4111220

2 hours ago, orian34 said:

Seems like Winona is the one saying the most precise answer...

Surely you jest, Wes is.

I was wondering before official Forge came out if the key could be a new weapon in the official event that was disguised as such but could unlock the anchor.

I don't suppose anyone has tried using the Spiral Spear's special to dive into the anchor during the battle/after defeating Boarrior?

31 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

horn of a grand forge boarior? sounds straightforward for me. same as with klaus

Spawn the anchor in console in a non-Forge world and see if anything i.e. horns interact with it? If nothing clicks, I think it's safe to assume it's just decor and a way for players to tell direction.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:55 PM, orian34 said:

Seems like Winona is the one saying the most precise answer...

She's also the only one to properly notice that the science machines only activate when you're near them.  Cracked me up the first time I had her examine the science machine...

(I also find Wigfrid's thoughts on the anchor kind of amusing, too.  "Rainbow bridge"? What, to Asgard?  Yeah...you try walking on the next rainbow you see.  Let me know how that works out for you.  : P)

...Notorious

Portal spoiler alert:

Spoiler

atlas-1.png.2c95fb00cc88cd695b5c0a274217e48e.png

atlas-0.png.fdb0cad106c45407bbc5d7e33b299236.png

I'm not sure if there's any way for these to actually appear in-game yet.
Still...
A white key, as opposed to the previous black key. Interesting. Gives a small amount of further support to one of my theories from Metheus; the Atrium portal key being a black gem.
...this also looks similar to the Metheus interface. Not to mention that Charlie in the Forge trailer is, now that I think about it, doing exactly what the Ancients did in the murals; siphoning light/dark energy off from the portal.
No wonder Max is convinced that her plan won't work.

The characters also all have examination quotes for the filled keyhole, and an activated portal; implied to be seen after the match.

If you don't like data-mining, ignore this.

Maybe after the actual event the lore of the Forge and the Constant will be continued? 

Or, maybe the next event will be accessible through this key and portal? It will drop somewhen during the fight, not too late so that many people can get it. I don't think it will happen (this way), but still, it's an idea I just had and might actually happen.

2 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Upon inspecting the game mode of games hosted in The Forge, the description refers to the place as a Gate Realm, enterable through the Molten Gateway. Perhaps there is more than one Gate Realm. Since it is written "this", it might imply something. :D

ForgeGateRealmCrop.thumb.png.8e4cce051234fb87ea71ac4706b96611.png

Looks like events are supposed to be in regular worlds. Who knows if we will get molten gates in our worlds after event ends. It all depends if devs are planning to make the forge every year event or one time event. If it's one time, it's obvious decision to add it to regular worlds, if not, that's probably old description that was added when devs are planned to add molten gates and make event accessable through it

I noticed that the 'iron' boot skin is gold. Maybe gold=iron in DS? Then the 'gold' tools would actually make sense.

In any case, with the lore being that this is accessed via the Atrium Gate, it's entirely possible to work this and other modes into the main game.

Buuuuttt...
Since the match just suddenly ends when you win, after Pugna agreeing to let you leave, I think the next event/lore jump will pick up right where this one left off. Key in the portal, survivors go on to next destination. Wherever that is.
I'm still seeing an eventual possibility for a 'saved Charlie' ending to DST, with her getting closer and closer to where the survivors are. And gaining power from the portal has to lead to some sort of confrontation.

From what is currently known, once the portal opens in-story, there are two options for where it leads the survivors:

1. back to The Constant, or
  2. to the next event dimension.

I think that narrative-wise, the second is more likely, since the survivors wouldn't be as motivated to try using the Gateway again if their first attempt nearly killed them. But then again, sending the same team of survivors through several different dimensions might make people get sick of them, so the team might get a stop home to change the group makeup. However, we might just get a few "Meanwhile, back at camp..." scenes.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next in the lore.

13 hours ago, SpikeGuy said:

From what is currently known, once the portal opens in-story, there are two options for where it leads the survivors:

1. back to The Constant, or
  2. to the next event dimension.

I think that narrative-wise, the second is more likely, since the survivors wouldn't be as motivated to try using the Gateway again if their first attempt nearly killed them. But then again, sending the same team of survivors through several different dimensions might make people get sick of them, so the team might get a stop home to change the group makeup. However, we might just get a few "Meanwhile, back at camp..." scenes.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next in the lore.

As i know, only Hub is world between words, so you can't just hop into another world from the Forge, you need go back to the Hub first

51 minutes ago, landromat said:

As i know, only Hub is world between words, so you can't just hop into another world from the Forge, you need to go back to the Hub first

Well, then how were the survivors able to directly jump from the Constant (which is not the Hub) to the Forge? Maybe because the Gateway was specially attuned to the Forge? I'm kind of curious about the Hub and how it affects dimensional travel.

Archived