Unimplemented features I found while data mining (Outbreak)

In the game files there are objects not yet present in game.

Those includes things like:

• Excavator that uses explosives to dig large areas
  • Personal oxygane tanks that allows dupes breathing in areas with no oxygen (including water)
  • Feature that introduces "rooms". Some building will require to be in enclosed room, such as toilets and washrooms to give some privacy for dupes
  • More things on illumination: dupes will perfrom better in light areas, dark areas cuase stress
  • Propane Spout, Steam Spout
  • FIshing
  • Creature named Pacu that lays eggs and is extremly delicious
  • Creature named Haunt An uncanny being that sprinkles dark thoughts on Duplicants at night. Fears Light, craves shadow.
  • Shockworm, Shockworms are exceptionally aggressive and discharge electrical shocks to stun their prey.
  • Mysterious Egg
  • Distillation Column that converts polluted water into steam and polluted dirt
  • Seed Splicer to produce advanced plant strains
  • Insulated Wire
  • New substances, propane, methane, ceramic
  • Noise Expectation - just as decor and food quality expetation dupes will have tolerance for noise (made by machines i guess)
  • Plants Avari Vine, Fervine, Fervine Bulb, Palmera Tree
  • Medicines made from plants and a new medicinal plant Balm Lilly
  • Toxic Suit - perhaps for voyages into toxic areas
  • A new threat, toxic cloud - The colony is entering a cloud of gas, The colony is once again in open space, A toxic gas cloud will soon envelop the colony, A gas cloud approaches, The gas cloud is receding
  • and some more lore info about Gravitas Facility

You can find those things in strings_template.pot in game files, and check for yourself

Some of the features may have been mentioned in official Klei post:

The game contains remnants of previous development, some of them are features that were scrapped and just not completely deleted, some are still planned to be finished and put to the game - but there's no word which are which. We'll have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

I'd like the Distillation Column NOW. I really really would.

Yes, it would be better than generating nat gas and then burning the nat gas to create electrical power you don't need and then scrub that CO2 out.  All to burn off PW.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:06 AM, CantBreathe said:

I'd like the Distillation Column NOW. I really really would.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:25 AM, chemie said:

Yes, it would be better than generating nat gas and then burning the nat gas to create electrical power you don't need and then scrub that CO2 out.  All to burn off PW.

This is possible in the game right now with the Thermo Aquatuner. Excess power problem and polluted water problem solved at the same time. :)

1 hour ago, CantBreathe said:

@Sevio How exactly?

Boiling creates a steam and heat problem,

Freezing for hatch feed could work maybe.

Do you mean your LO2 drip?

The Aquatuner only moves heat, so what you can do is boil polluted water to make steam, then cool the steam with the polluted water that's coming in. The condensed clean water could be sent through the Aquatuner directly to heat up more polluted water, or you could have another (cold) polluted water loop that goes through the Aquatuner and cools the output water in another stage. The only net heat generated by such a system would be the pumps, but that is negligible. I'm working on a system like this in my current game, but it does take quite a bit of planning so I don't have anything to show just yet.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:55 PM, Parusoid said:

Excavator that uses explosives to dig large areas

This would make mining large quantities of abyssalite much quicker.  If it uses fertilizer to produce the explosives that's added incentive to use fertilizer synthesizers.

More things on illumination: dupes will perfrom better in light areas, dark areas cuase stress

I've long held the belief that the lighting system needs to be slightly tweaked.  I would go with bright light (stress reduction), dim light (no change), and darkness (stress increase).  Such a system would encourage us to run lights through service tunnels, etc.

Medicines made from plants and a new medicinal plant Balm Lilly

We really do need a way to manufacture medicine.  As is, the only way to level Medicine is through the Aid job.  The Aid job is only used after a dupe gets sick.  It would also give those of us who specialize our dupes a more efficient use of a doctor/physician.

Metallurgy update....add bunch new metals to melt, making building will have new benefit like more heat resistance and other new effect using more advanced metal. Add smelter machine. Probably endgame going to make rocket with titanium and alluminium. I dont know which direction this game will go, hope the best for klei

On 8/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, Parusoid said:

In the game files there are objects not yet present in game.

Those includes things like:

• Excavator that uses explosives to dig large areas
  • Personal oxygane tanks that allows dupes breathing in areas with no oxygen (including water)
  • Feature that introduces "rooms". Some building will require to be in enclosed room, such as toilets and washrooms to give some privacy for dupes
  • More things on illumination: dupes will perfrom better in light areas, dark areas cuase stress
  • Propane Spout, Steam Spout
  • FIshing
  • Creature named Pacu that lays eggs and is extremly delicious
  • Creature named Haunt An uncanny being that sprinkles dark thoughts on Duplicants at night. Fears Light, craves shadow.
  • Shockworm, Shockworms are exceptionally aggressive and discharge electrical shocks to stun their prey.
  • Mysterious Egg
  • Distillation Column that converts polluted water into steam and polluted dirt
  • Seed Splicer to produce advanced plant strains
  • Insulated Wire
  • New substances, propane, methane, ceramic
  • Noise Expectation - just as decor and food quality expetation dupes will have tolerance for noise (made by machines i guess)
  • Plants Avari Vine, Fervine, Fervine Bulb, Palmera Tree
  • Medicines made from plants and a new medicinal plant Balm Lilly
  • Toxic Suit - perhaps for voyages into toxic areas
  • A new threat, toxic cloud - The colony is entering a cloud of gas, The colony is once again in open space, A toxic gas cloud will soon envelop the colony, A gas cloud approaches, The gas cloud is receding
  • and some more lore info about Gravitas Facility

You can find those things in strings_template.pot in game files, and check for yourself

Hey thanks for mentioning that, I had a  look in there, some really cool stuff, even a mention of 'crafting' special mining tools, neat.  Right now I am still playing with the new debug mode features, I figured out how to make wild plants grow on any tiles, heheh.   No more watering or fertilizing.  That made a nice addition to my template library.

If anyone ever figures out a way to change a dups states, please let me know :)

Adding some things I found:

• Status effects for showering with water that was too hot, too cold, or just right
  • Dupes who reach high enough skill would get some specific negative traits that represent them getting "soft" and used to comfort: hurt feet when walking over natural tiles, stress for not having an individual bedroom, claustrophobia when in places with less than 4 tiles between floor and ceiling, stress for wearing unstylish clothing, vertigo triggering on ladders taller than 4 tiles, more or less insulation ("pudgy"/"skinny"), penalty for being left idle
  • Dupes in med beds would get "Catherized" with a description "just leave it at that". Probably just to prevent them from having to go to outhouse
  • Traits specific to dupe types. For example, all Abes would get "Doting" trait and thus care about what others are eating (sharing their stress for low food quality?)
  • "Moving to quarantine" job. Presumably some diseases may become so infectious that there is a need to separate dupes with them from the rest?
  • Toxicity value. Not sure what for - probably food or gas.
  • Double capacity for batteries made from refined metal (ie. not "iron ore" but actual melted+solidified iron)
  • "Butcherable" chore, suggesting that one day creatures might stop "dropping meat" and become corpses that need to be hauled to butcher shop and cut up there
  • "Cool down" chore, suggesting that dupes who overheat may start seeking cool environment, just like dupes who run out of O2 seek breathable areas
  • "Ranged attackable" property
  • Weapon class
  • "A large, chlorine-dwelling <style=\"plant\">Plant</style> that grows inedible buds which emit toxic hydrogen gas." - this sounds really cool, Klei implement asap plz

26 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Dupes who reach high enough skill would get some specific negative traits that represent them getting "soft" and used to comfort: hurt feet when walking over natural tiles, stress for not having an individual bedroom, claustrophobia when in places with less than 4 tiles between floor and ceiling, stress for wearing unstylish clothing, vertigo triggering on ladders taller than 4 tiles, more or less insulation ("pudgy"/"skinny"), penalty for being left idle

Those were actually added at random, to anybody, at any time. You can guess why they were removed.

27 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Dupes in med beds would get "Catherized" with a description "just leave it at that". Probably just to prevent them from having to go to outhouse

That was in the previous update.

29 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

Toxic sand that emits pO2

Polluted dirt is called ToxicSand.

1 minute ago, Coolthulhu said:

I've never seen Catherized description in the game, despite having tons of dupes hospitalized in AU and in OU. Was it some closed alpha thing?

It was an attribute modifier listed under bladder attribute.

9 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Adding some things I found:

• Status effects for showering with water that was too hot, too cold, or just right
  • Dupes who reach high enough skill would get some specific negative traits that represent them getting "soft" and used to comfort: hurt feet when walking over natural tiles, stress for not having an individual bedroom, claustrophobia when in places with less than 4 tiles between floor and ceiling, stress for wearing unstylish clothing, vertigo triggering on ladders taller than 4 tiles, more or less insulation ("pudgy"/"skinny"), penalty for being left idle
  • Dupes in med beds would get "Catherized" with a description "just leave it at that". Probably just to prevent them from having to go to outhouse
  • Traits specific to dupe types. For example, all Abes would get "Doting" trait and thus care about what others are eating (sharing their stress for low food quality?)
  • "Moving to quarantine" job. Presumably some diseases may become so infectious that there is a need to separate dupes with them from the rest?
  • Toxicity value. Not sure what for - probably food or gas.
  • Double capacity for batteries made from refined metal (ie. not "iron ore" but actual melted+solidified iron)
  • "Butcherable" chore, suggesting that one day creatures might stop "dropping meat" and become corpses that need to be hauled to butcher shop and cut up there
  • "Cool down" chore, suggesting that dupes who overheat may start seeking cool environment, just like dupes who run out of O2 seek breathable areas
  • "Ranged attackable" property
  • Weapon class
  • "A large, chlorine-dwelling <style=\"plant\">Plant</style> that grows inedible buds which emit toxic hydrogen gas." - this sounds really cool, Klei implement asap plz

Cool findings. The chlorine plant is actually one of the listed in the first post. Fun fact I thought the shower status is already in the game :D

Archived