COME HERE FOR EXPLANATION OF PUZZLE (Updated)

HERE IS MY EXPLANATION. I will try to make this as clear as I possibly can.

Before you even attempt this puzzle, you must first complete the Cyclum puzzle. The Cyclum puzzle was the last puzzle Klei gave us, and it introduced A New Reign. Complete it to get a tragic torch, which will light up the first part of this new puzzle. 

The link to the puzzle is here: http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/login

Not sure if it's expired or not, but the steps to solve it are here: 

FOR THE NEW PUZZLE, the first step is to enter the Metheus page. There, you will find that the left side is lit up by a torch. There is also a console on the left. When you click the console, it will take you to a dashboard. There will be characters on the bottom, as well as a black and gold string of symbols on top. To progress with the puzzle, you need to exchange codes.

Specifically, you need to find a buddy and either input their gold or black code, not both. They will input the opposite code of yours (black or gold). The center will turn gold when you input theirs. When they input yours, the gaps will turn purple. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.58.11 PM.png

(I input my partner's gold symbols and they input my black.)

After that, you can move on to the second part. But make sure you keep in touch with your buddy, because you'll need them for the second part. By now, the other half of the first screen should be lit by a second torch. There is a second console. When you click on the console, you'll either have tile squares and a string of black symbols at the top, or vice versa. There are 32 symbols and 13 tiles. One partner will get the symbols and the other will get the tiles. I happened to get the tiles, so my screen looked like this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 8.11.53 PM.png

Now comes the hard part. You need to put in the code that your partner has, as well as give them the code that you received on yours. As far as I can tell, it's random, and the symbols never correspond to the same tiles twice. Usually, when you swap codes, at least one dot will light up. That means that one of the tiles is in the correct placement and it's the correct tile, meaning it corresponds with your partners symbol. For example, let's say that I have a tile with a dash at the top. My partner has a symbol that looks like a funky F. We happened to find, through trial and error (removing the tiles and submitting until something turned off), that the F symbol and the tile make one of the dots light up when they're in a certain slot. When you have a match, it could be in any of the slots. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.07.58 PM.png

(This is us with two symbols and tiles correct. I think in this case, it was the first and the sixth. I can't remember what symbols they had on their end. The main code started us off, and then we had to find the right input by trial and error. The best we got was three before it refreshed.)

Here's the worst part: you only have a certain amount of submissions to get it right before it refreshes, and you have to start over again. That's at least what I've been able to gather from our experiments.

Here's a better explanation for how to solve the second part: 

Apparently, it's just a matter of switching the symbols and tiles that you already have in unison and submitting the answer in a cohesive fashion.

When you get all six dots, the button will glow gold. 

EDIT: I finally finished the puzzle for myself, so here's what you need to do.

First, follow the binary method. What I mean by this is to have the tile person enter in all of the first tile in their partner's code.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.29.56 PM.png

That should get you at least one dot. Then one of you can check to see which tile/symbol is in the correct placement by replacing them with a filler not in your code and pressing submit. Be sure to refresh the page often to make sure that the website is recording your inputs. 

Using this method, you should be able to narrow it down. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.32.59 PM.png

Here's us trying to find the second symbol/tile placement. I put in the second part of their code into all of my slots.

It sounds more complicated than it is. Honestly, others have explained it better than I have. 

Whew. Sorry, that was a lot, but it needed to be clarified.

DO NOT POST FOR BUDDIES HERE. To find a buddy, go to this thread: 

13 minutes ago, 321579_1452782593 said:

really confused because this is all I get when I log into steam on the puzzle page , anyone else get this?

wall-dark.jpg

yeah, i got that same thing. it might be because we dont have tragic torches from the last puzzle, which kinda sucks

4 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

Here is two screen shots of them both completed (Partner was @Weirdobob)

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.41.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.41.03 AM.png

It seems like the order of them is what goes with what (Like the first letter "G" was with the box with 5 indents) 

question is did you got the item and later on can you help me and my friend tommorow?

6 minutes ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

question is did you got the item and later on can you help me and my friend tommorow?

I haven't done anything after solving the puzzle, but I didn't get anything as of yet. I'm really not sure how much help i could give since it's mostly guess work after putting it all in to see what lights it up and what doesn't. Though I somewhat went with a plan?I moved everything around if there was no light, 4 things if there was one until I figured out which was the correct one and when I got three I moved the ones I knew didn't light up two times (I'm not sure how much this makes sense though)

10 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

Here is two screen shots of them both completed (Partner was @Weirdobob)

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.41.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-11 at 1.41.03 AM.png

It seems like the order of them is what goes with what (Like the first letter "G" was with the box with 5 indents) 

Oh, really overcomplicated things thinking given order unrelated. It's just about keeping changes sync?

19 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Hey can someone clafiey the instructions we are stuck on the tiles part no matter how many times I rearrange the tiles I can't get any of the dots to light up. So I'm wondering If I'm doing something wrong.

You and your partner get a code. The symbols match up, meaning if you place the first of your symbols in slot A, your partner needs to put the first of their symbols in slot A too.

Then you both need to swap the same tiles and put the back in order to find out which are in the right position and which are not.

Ok, so, I've tried the first part of the puzzle with 2 different people. both times, when we inputted each other's codes (my black their gold), I'd be the only one with the glowing gold center. but they got nothing.

What's going on?

1 minute ago, mewthemew said:

Ok, so, I've tried the first part of the puzzle with 2 different people. both times, when we inputted each other's codes (my black their gold), I'd be the only one with the glowing gold center. but they got nothing.

What's going on?

You have to give them your yellow code and your buddy has to give you the black code

Forgot to mention something about the second quote unquote puzzle.

Between you and your partner, there are twelve digits you must organize into a proper alignment.

But you only have six lights to measure how correct you currently are as a whole.

Six lights measuring twelve digits.

MATHEMATICS RIGHT.

In my experience with @OMGyouMuPPeT in the second part of the puzzle, it was a matter of finding out the match that you get all the time (you always get one light when you both enter your codes and click the button) and then moving around the rest till you find them all

1.- don't look at the symbols, look at both secuences like numbers from 1-6 so your 1-6 and your friend's 1-6.

2.-you have to move them in pairs all the time (at lest that worked for us), so to find the match you always get, choose 2 tiles and swap them;
let's say you choose 1 and 3, so you move 1 to the 3 and the 3 to the 1, and your friend does the same thing, then click the button to sync them, if your light goes off, that means either the pair in the position 1 or in the position 3 was your match

3.-try returning one pair of them to their original position so let's say  return the pair 1 to the position 1 switching it with another pair that is not the pair 3, if the light goes on then that's your match if not, move the pair 3 to its original position. 

4.- once you find your match then is all about moving the rest in pairs all the time, just switch them around till you get more lights.

5. or just move them around in any order but always synched with your friend, so you tell him let's swap 1 with 5, so you move 1 to 5 and 5 to 1 and your friend does the same, then press the button to sync them, try that till you get all the lights. 

Hope this helps someone. 

Archived