COME HERE FOR EXPLANATION OF PUZZLE (Updated)

11 minutes ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Something seems to be off, my sister and I put our codes in (she put in my black code, I put in her yellow code) and for a split second the 2nd side lights up and then dissappears again.

Try this:

You -> Her Black Code

She -> Your Yellow Code

12 hours ago, rezecib said:

Um... I can try.

Basically, both of the sets of symbols pair up. So we can use the same term for them. Let's call the players Player 1 and Player 2. They both get ABC,DEF, just in a different font or something. Just to show you how I'm listing the tiles, if they put in ABC,DEF it would look like this:

A B C
D E F

First, Player 1 puts in AAA,AAA; one of these is in the correct position.

A A A
A A A

Player 2 tries to find out where A belongs; they will fill A into the area they want to check, and fill the rest with the next symbol, in this case B. First they check the top half by putting  AAA,BBB, if that gives a light then they know A was in one of the top 3, otherwise it's in the bottom 3. Then they divide that area in two and test the split. Let's say it was the top; they do ABB,BBB. If that gives a light, then they know A belongs in the first spot. Otherwise, it's in the next two; try each of those until they get it. Let's say Player 2 ends up with ABB,BBB.

Now Player 1 can try to find the location of B; it must be in one of the slots where Player 2 has put B. Player 1 tests the first two slots by putting in ABB,CCC. If another light turns on, then they know it's in the two remaining top spots. Otherwise, it's in the bottom 3. They then divide the area where it is into two parts and test, just like above, until they find it and submit. Let's say they arrive at ABC,CCC.

Now Player 2 can search for C's correct position. They try ABC,CDD. If that gives a third light, then it's in top right or bottom left. Continue dividing in two and testing until they find it.

... repeat until you get all of them ...

Does that make sense?

{1,2,3,4,5,6} - {A,B,C,D,E,F} start

1. {1,1,1,1,1,1}
2. {A,A,A,B,B,B} (if 1 light, path a, else path b)
2a1. {A,B,B,B,B,B} (min)
2a2. {B,A,B,B,B,B}
2a3. {B,B,A,B,B,B} (max)
2b1. {B,B,B,A,B,B} (min)
2b2. {B,B,B,B,A,B}
2b3. {B,B,B,B,B,A} (max)

A1 solved, {2,3,4,5,6} - {B,C,D,E,F} start

0. {1,1,1,1,1},{B,B,B,B,B}
4. {2,2,2,3,3} (if 2 lights, path a, else path b)
4a1. {2,3,3,3,3} (min)
4a2. {3,2,3,3,3}
4a3. {3,3,2,3,3} (max)
4b1. {3,3,3,2,3} (min)
4b2. {3,3,3,3,2}

B2 solved, {3,4,5,6} - {C,D,E,F} start

0. {B,B,B,B},{3,3,3,3}
6. {C,C,D,D} (if 3 lights, path a, else path b)
6a1. {C,D,D,D} (min)
6a2. {D,C,D,D} (max)
6b1. {D,D,C,D} (min)
6b2. {D,D,D,C} (max)

C3 solved, {4,5,6} - {D,E,F} start

0. {3,3,3},{D,D,D}
8. {4,5,6} (if 4 lights, min, else path a)
8a1. {5,4,6}
8a2. {5,6,4} (max)

D4 solved, {5,6} - {E,F} start

0.{D,D},{5,6}
9. {E,F} (if 6 lights, min, else path a)
9a1. {F,E}
10a1. {6,5} (max)

puzzle solved; min 9 steps, max 18 steps

This flow chart thing might help with visualizing the general form?

You can make more optimizations if there are duplicate glyphs, but it may not be worth the trouble to account for them with the buffer you have.

Everyone seems to be struggling but I did it with little to no fail. Though, if you want to keep your results after you complete the puzzle and get your items, screenshot it before you finish since the page resets when you get the items.

How to solve Metheus part 2:

Player 1: Place player 2's first symbol in all six slots. Press the button.

Player 2: Place player 1's first symbol in the first slot and fill the rest with a symbol that player 1 DOESN'T have. Press the button to check if it's in the right place. If not, swap the first rune (the one player 1 does have) to the next place and press to check until you have one match. Remove all runes except player 1's first.

Player 1: Remove all runes except the one in the same place where player 2 left your first symbol. Fill the rest with player 2's second symbol and press the button.

Player 2: Place player 1's second symbol in the first open slot and fill the rest with wrong symbols again. Swap and check until you find the second match. Remember not to move the first match. Once you find the right spot, remove the filler.

Player 1: Remove all runes except the two matches. Fill with player 2's third symbol and press the button.

Etc..

2 hours ago, secondbreakfastpip said:

How to solve Metheus part 2:

Player 1: Place player 2's first symbol in all six slots. Press the button.

Player 2: Place player 1's first symbol in the first slot and fill the rest with a symbol that player 1 DOESN'T have. Press the button to check if it's in the right place. If not, swap the first rune (the one player 1 does have) to the next place and press to check until you have one match. Remove all runes except player 1's first.

Player 1: Remove all runes except the one in the same place where player 2 left your first symbol. Fill the rest with player 2's second symbol and press the button.

Player 2: Place player 1's second symbol in the first open slot and fill the rest with wrong symbols again. Swap and check until you find the second match. Remember not to move the first match. Once you find the right spot, remove the filler.

Player 1: Remove all runes except the two matches. Fill with player 2's third symbol and press the button.

Etc..

How do you know who's player 1 and 2 is the question

So here's the deal.

What has been happening to other people (as I have read above) seems to be happening to me and my friend, except that when we get to the second part of the puzzle I'm able to click onto, and interact with the tablet that appears.

Player 2 however, does not get that chance and their page refreshes instantly, therefore bringing us both back to the first page once more. 

So basically, my question is this. Is there a fix for this? 

Edit: This is my first post, so cut me some slack if this entire inquiry sounds idiotic and/or confusing.

12 hours ago, Botaxalim said:

finish.jpg

Quick question: Did you and the second person get both of those items each?

Or did one get the walking cane and the other get the chest.

33 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

both get chest & cane skin each

One last question: (This puzzle and how to get the items is confusing to me, so I'll ask just to be sure.)

Does the screen informing both players of the puzzle completion and their newly acquired items appear after the second part of the puzzle is completed on the Metheus site (all the lights going gold) or does it happen in-game somehow, like killing the ancient fuel weaver to get the symbols to solve input or something?

(I'm only asking this because I notice you posted the contents of an in-game chest in the image.)

Thanks for answering my first question by the way.

Puzzle phase 1 and 2 all via website, after finishing phase 2 decode the symbols as item and blocks as number

U can find how to dechiper symbols and blocks from other thread

Then phase 3 play ingame, faster way host ur own room invite ur partner then use console to spawn chest and spawn require item

Put and arrange the items u spawned inside the chest, both player must near the chest

But if u want doing in legit way, its kinda takes too much times going to cave and inside the ruins just to find the chest, since walking cane is used and need wait winter. Most of us here using cheat console to speedup the progress

21 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Puzzle phase 1 and 2 all via website, after finishing phase 2 decode the symbols as item and blocks as number

U can find how to dechiper symbols and blocks from other thread

Then phase 3 play ingame, faster way host ur own room invite ur partner then use console to spawn chest and spawn require item

Put and arrange the items u spawned inside the chest, both player must near the chest

But if u want doing in legit way, its kinda takes too much times going to cave and inside the ruins just to find the chest, since walking cane is used and need wait winter. Most of us here using cheat console to speedup the progress

Could you tell me whats the prefab for the chest? =x

Archived