How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

8 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

640?cb=20150416223503

It was posted a long time ago, back when DST was but a fetus O__O

BTW - Why is Maxwell's in-game look have him with a sleeve cut mid-way but all his other depictions have him with a full on suit with long sleeves?

I know it's that gif you find when you find that hidden word in the DST RoG announcement poster and put it in a link or something :3 It brought so much joy!

Maybe because there are no characters in-game with long sleeves, and they wanted to keep a "standard measurement", if you get what I mean. Nearly everyone has cut mid-ways. I think Willow had long sleeves for a little while back when the game was really young.

Guys! I was poking around in the DST Data files (big portraits), and while they have every other character, Maxwell is named as Waxwell... as well as another name that doesn't seem to ring any bells.... however, it could just be Wigfrid, as she's missing from the list. 

Waxwell..JPG

Just now, Reagle said:

Guys! I was poking around in the DST Data files (big portraits), and while they have every other character, Maxwell is named as Waxwell... as well as another name that doesn't seem to ring any bells.... however, it could just be Wigfrid, as she's missing from the list. 

Yeah, Maxwell's always been named that because of William (you'll see Maxwell's journal is named Waxwell too), and Wigfrid was always named Wathgrithr (that one I'm not sure why).  It's nothing new, sorry.

Btw, now we know the round light isn't a sun setting under the horizon, but the fire, so it must be night already. The dusk was kind of short and wiki says the shortest dusks are day 1-6 at autumm and day 56-70 at summer. And the night to dusk ratio here more or less is like at winter or summer. When you take to day length into account (which probably isn't accurate, beacuse we don't know when Maxwell 'joined the game'), the days which correspond the most with the comic are midd summer, but Wilson doesn't seem to be don't starving for that long, only with basic equipment.

EDIT: He might have already spawned at dusk, which would lead us to no precise information, since we don't know the lengths of the phases at all.

Damn, overthinking it again. My sanity is low... 

I think we're on Maxwell's side in this puzzle. We are following him, we helped him already to make a garland.

There's plenty resources around in the lastest panels (and researchlab and pot) to make something! I believe we just need to figure out what Maxwell needs and click a combination of ingredients (and maybe crafting stations) to progress.

Resources I can see:

logs

stone

twigs

carrots

grass

berry bushes (seems like they have no berries though)

papyrus

rose

possibly resources you can get from mobs (we have a hound, spiders, flowers)

prefabs: we have an axe, garland and a chest

stations: we have codex, research lab and a pot and a fire pit (in which we can maybe burn/cook stuff?)

3 minutes ago, barnaba said:

I think we're on Maxwell's side in this puzzle. We are following him, we helped him already to make a garland.

There's plenty resources around in the lastest panels (and researchlab and pot) to make something! I believe we just need to figure out what Maxwell needs and click a combination of ingredients (and maybe crafting stations) to progress.

Resources I can see:

logs

stone

twigs

carrots

grass

berry bushes (seems like they have no berries though)

papyrus

rose

possibly resources you can get from mobs (we have a hound, spiders, flowers)

prefabs: we have an axe, garland and a chest

stations: we have codex, research lab and a pot and a fire pit (in which we can maybe burn/cook stuff?)

but maxwell is about to get rekt, how is he just gonna stop time and go fetch items to defend himself from wilson..?

Just now, Aquaterion said:

but maxwell is about to get rekt, how is he just gonna stop time and go fetch items to defend himself from wilson..?

I don't believe he is going to get rekt. Wilson probably just thinks it was a spider or a hound - cause he haven't seen him yet. He only heard a twig snap and is coming to investigate.

Also previously he had time to go back in time and harvest flowers which he haven't harvested and make a garland somehow. It's just puzzle logic :p

Just now, barnaba said:

I don't believe he is going to get rekt. Wilson probably just thinks it was a spider or a hound - cause he haven't seen him yet. He only heard a twig snap and is coming to investigate.

What's Wilson gonna do when he finds the person who trapped him there eating all his berries?

2 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

we already made him a garland from things he didn't collect before

Just now, filipsperl said:

we already made him a garland from things he didn't collect before

finding flowers on the floor is 1 thing, but using wilson's stuff is another. And I feel like he was already picking them up, and only used his rose at the end to make it.

Yep. Time is not a thing, also it's not like trying costs us time and I don't see a better theory :p

Tried some combinations for nightmare loggers (except for the axe it's all stuff maxwell could've collected earlier, and being a magic recipe it might just vanish the axe from hands of wilson anyway), doesn't seem to be the answer (although there's a lot of depictions of codex, shadows and some of axe, so there's plenty of combinations to try).

Also (this is like the sixth edit, sorry, but I just can't make a complete post at once :/) both the new and old comic pages have the clicking thing working for them, so I'm pretty sure we can use both. Other idea that might be helpful is use axe to chop down trees - or just use logs, make the rope from grass and make an armor somehow. Grass suit might also be possible, but I think I exhaused the combinations for this (as there's little grass and twigs depicted)

10 minutes ago, barnaba said:

Yep. Time is not a thing, also it's not like trying costs us time and I don't see a better theory :p

Tried some combinations for nightmare loggers (except for the axe it's all stuff maxwell could've collected earlier, and being a magic recipe it might just vanish the axe from hands of wilson anyway), doesn't seem to be the answer (although there's a lot of depictions of codex, shadows and some of axe, so there's plenty of combinations to try).

Also (this is like the sixth edit, sorry, but I just can't make a complete post at once :/) both the new and old comic pages have the clicking thing working for them, so I'm pretty sure we can use both. Other idea that might be helpful is use axe to chop down trees - or just use logs, make the rope from grass and make an armor somehow.

The clicking thing was there for the first 1 before all the flowers were even there, while it can mean we'll have to click stuff, it doesn't mean that all the clickable things are there just yet.

3 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

finding flowers on the floor is 1 thing, but using wilson's stuff is another. And I feel like he was already picking them up, and only used his rose at the end to make it.

I feel like this is more about the interaction between us and Maxwell, showing that we can influence the world in some way. I'm still leaning towards the theory that we are the bad guys, because if the characters leave the DS world, we won't be able to play them and have fun...

1 minute ago, Aquaterion said:

The clicking thing was there for the first 1 before all the flowers were even there, while it can mean we'll have to click stuff, it doesn't mean that all the clickable things are there just yet.

Yes it was, but I think it now is explicitly made to support both:

var elmids = [
"1","2",
];

for(var i=; i<elmids.length; i++) {
  if(document.getElementById(elmids[i])) {
    document.getElementById(elmids[i]).onmousemove = getCoords;

While it might just be coding convenience that the first still works, we haven't got anywhere by clicking on the second image yet. So if there was no point us clicking on it, why would it be extended to work on second image?

It wasn't there for both images previously:

And while it is true that the clickable things server side might not be there we have no way of knowing.

1 minute ago, filipsperl said:

I feel like this is more about the interaction between us and Maxwell, showing that we can influence the world in some way. I'm still leaning towards the theory that we are the bad guys, because if the characters leave the DS world, we won't be able to play them and have fun...

Oh my god........................... We have been the cause of suffering! I GOTTA DO SOMETHING. (Plays more DST)

2 minutes ago, barnaba said:

Yes it was, but I think it now is explicitly made to support both:

var elmids = [
"1","2",
];

for(var i=; i<elmids.length; i++) {
  if(document.getElementById(elmids[i])) {
    document.getElementById(elmids[i]).onmousemove = getCoords;

While it might just be coding convenience that the first still works, we haven't got anywhere by clicking on the second image yet. So if there was no point us clicking on it, why would it be extended to work on second image?

It wasn't there for both images previously:

And while it is true that the clickable things server side might not be there we have no way of knowing.

I didn't say the second image wont have clickable things, I'm saying that it might require more revealed panels before we can do the clickable stuff.

Just now, Aquaterion said:

I didn't say the second image wont have clickable things, I'm saying that it might require more revealed panels before we can do the clickable stuff.

Yeah, but it's not bringing us anywhere closer to solving the current one - if there's anything to solve. Sure, it's a possible problem with my theory (that we have no way of checking if it's even true), but there's no competing theory other than "just wait". I say, lets try solving what we have, and if it's just waiting we'll know anyway.

I mean, your objections are valid, they just aren't useful in any way :p

13 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

It wouldn't be a bad way to approach the puzzle. Clicking all of the flowers gave Maxwell a garland; so perhaps clicking something as barnaba said or doing anything else will trigger the following event.

As for what it seems, Maxwell has retreated from the bushes (as seen in the last panel) so......START CLICKING, GODDAMNIT!

Also, not sure if anyone has pointed this yet, but the new comic has different borders - there are red-ish or brown-ish. It's not all borders as well. Seems only the frames featuring maxwell are red.

Dunno if it's a sign of maxwell going a bit more insane than he was or just the equivalent of DS fight music.

Archived