Bigfoot

Welcome to Don't Starve Together!

DwerBomb    6,039

Wow this is such great news!

And that terry bear! Argh, so cute!!

Moonsire    0

Without being TOO much of a grouch, it has been on my mind since it was announced that DST would be free with the basic game.....

What about the people who paid for DST during beta? Sure, maybe we paid for the privilege of being a part of making this great game what it is, but I can't help but feel like we should perhaps have gotten a sort of goodwill gesture at the same time DST was made free.

I am not upset with Klei at all, gosh no. They are my favourite game developers of all, it's just my two cents on the whole thing. :)

Either way, kindest regards and thank you for making one of the greatest game of all time. :D

JoeW    16,407

How do I claim my key?

Can you clarify? Have you not used your original Don't Starve key, or are you asking how to get your copy of DST?

If you have Don't Starve in Steam, DST has been added to your Steam library. You don't have to do anything, it will just be there.

• Like 1

Flare2V    1,244

What about DST for PS4 and PS Vita? Have we been forgotten?

Wait and see what the future holds.

Miss    1,233

I wonder if there'll be an Adventure mode in DST, but so far so good :D

• Like 1

RalphKastro    1,336
When is the end of Early-Access?
please take your time. Do a Prison Architect if necessary, but don' rush it. 
  • Like 4

Kanede    0

So, if i understand well, Don't Starve Together is a Steam Only game?

I was hoping to see the DRM-Free version poping next the Don't Starve i had buy on Humble Bundle when it was still in beta, but i imagine it will not :(

Maybe later in the futur!

GalloViking    204

Question, will you change Willow in DS RoG (Solo) as well?

Edited by GalloViking

i got don't starve before june 3rd, how can i get don't starve together for free? what is DST? i don't remember the DST now, how can i find it?

• Like 1

ni1    1
I'm thrilled that DST is out -- so are my kids.

But.. :/ DST is locked into your Steam ID. You can run a dedicated server on a LAN, which is all I would do, yet it ends up being the 'same' player logged into the server multiple times due to that lock-in with Steam.

Steam requires you to be 13 years of age or older to have a Steam account, so I cannot get them a Steam account (also would not be able to use the same CC on multiple accounts, of course).

Will Keli offer any way for people with kids <13 years of age to play DST [together]? As or right now, it simply isn't possible without violating Keli's or Steam's ToS. I would gladly purchase multiple copies if I could use them, and I want to make it clear that I'm not complaining about price or simply having to purchase multiple copies of DST.

• Like 1

I'm still really confused about the DLC content being in the multiplayer. Feels like I didn't need to bother buying the DLC if it's free for everyone who has Don't Starve Together (which is everyone who owns the base game, now). Can someone explain to me whether this is still just a beta thing or if I kinda did waste money?

Mario384    596

Hey, so I checked Bernie out, turns out he's just basically a meat shield for shadow creatures.

CaptainFun    431

I'm still really confused about the DLC content being in the multiplayer. Feels like I didn't need to bother buying the DLC if it's free for everyone who has Don't Starve Together (which is everyone who owns the base game, now). Can someone explain to me whether this is still just a beta thing or if I kinda did waste money?

DST will have all of the RoG content. If you own RoG you will be able to use the content in singleplayer, but multiplayer games will have access to it. 

They hinted at something special for owners of RoG in Don't Starve Together, I believe. Maybe exclusive skins or something? 

Bahlsen    345
Hey, so I checked Bernie out, turns out he's just basically a meat shield for shadow creatures.

Now that's rude :(

• Like 1

Abassy    0

Good update about bernie. It have durability, but how I can use him? Can anybody explain to me, please.

rezecib    3,105
I was hoping to see the DRM-Free version poping next the Don't Starve i had buy on Humble Bundle when it was still in beta, but i imagine it will not
They've said they want to do this, but right now with it still under a lot of development (it's still beta/early access, even though it's been "released" to DS owners), it's a bit dependent on Steam. It doesn't seem like a DRM-free version will come out by "official release", but it will probably be something they look into right afterwards.

@Abassy, If he's on the ground when you go crazy, he'll help you out a bit.

applebottom    512

I was hoping to see the DRM-Free version poping next the Don't Starve i had buy on Humble Bundle when it was still in beta, but i imagine it will not

You can still claim your free DST on Steam though. You activate your DS purchase on Steam using the Humble Bundle key, and if you purchased said key before June 3, you should also get the free DST in your Steam library. See:

If you purchased Don't Starve on the Humble Store, or through our website and never used your steam key, just head over to steam and once you activate your key, you will find both Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together in your library. If you bought Don't Starve on gog.com, send us an email with the key you got from gog.com and we will give you a steam key.

I think one of the devs explained that DST uses Steam's Login/ID system for the multiplayer so it will have to be within Steam (for now?).

There are instructions on how to activate your HB key for Steam in Klei's knowledge base: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1126147-how-keys-work-humble-store-

• Like 1