May 16th Build

Kevin

• Developer

We're almost there! We may post one last test build tomorrow, depending upon what you guys find over night. As for today's build, here are the notes:

Version 77880

[*]No deerclops in the caves

[*]Krampus doesn't try to use weapons when he steals them

[*]Added turf objects for caves / better ambience mixes

[*]Farm plots serialize properly when you leave the world

[*]Talking strings aren't super huge on widescreen configs

[*]Ctrl+shift moves half-stacks between containers

[*]Fix aboveground collision issues

[*]The Bush hat has to be triggered with RMB to activate it

[*]You respawn with less health/sanity/hunger after dying in a cave

[*]Fixed meat effigies in caves

[*]Rottable stuff rots when you die in a cave

[*]New working music in caves

[*]Fixed some projectile/wall issues. Some remain.

[*]Added new description strings for cave items

• Developer

Just a question, do these builds automatically update like hotfixes do? For example, if I'm playing the May 15th build, will these changes be in my current world or do I have to make a new cave? Thanks :D

Depends on the fix. If we're fixing generation stuff... you'll need to make a new cave. Anything else should work, though.

Kevin, is there any thought of different colors for mushtrees? (I know it wouldn't really make sense for red or green since it is always night in the caves) but I still think they would look amazing! [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION

Edited by d3v1n96

-red and green mushrooms are still in caves-monsters get stuck in a walls, and have problems with pathfinding, like spider can't go around wall, snurtle stuck in a wall - his den was very close to a wall, one of them spawned in front of den and the second one spawned behind the den and got stuck into a wall-grass, twigs and berry bushes still can be found in total darkness areas-tentacle spikes in large numbers at random terrain-some problems with normal and new spider dens: its night so normal spiders should go out and be walking around like on surface? (the same for new spiders)-bats behavior could use few tweaks, they just fly around me in circles, and I can kill them with ranged weapons-you will almost sink in cave wall if you walk close to it, you just see your character legs and part of torso rest is covered by cave wall-if you build pighouse in cave, then hammer it, give some meat to homeless pig and you have pig warrior that don't sleep and will follow you but only when you have torch equipped, that leads to next thing:-pigs don't react to other light sources like miner hat and lantern even on surface and you must use torch for them to follow you at dusk and night even if you have miner hat or lantern equipped

Edited by _Q_

[MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] Thanks for answering the question I was wondering; the fungal growth on the Mushtrees have a parasitic relationship!Maybe it is just me but I think you made Wickerbottom say that because of me :DIf so, I am grateful!

Loving the fact that we can actually grab the turf!!But, er, are we supposed to be craft most types of turf now?? That seems questionable, especially if the recipes aren't placeholders too.ALso, new forum shortcut button is handy.And is it just me or has the karmpus gotten new sounds~!EDIT: Oh and Chesterer gets stuck behiond walls in caves

Edited by Orima-Kazooie