Wilson is now in need of a buff

While Wilson is the first character, and the only one to HAVE been able to make a meat effigy, this has now changed. Meat Effigies have been nerfed, and now all characters are able to aquire beard hair from insanity rabbits. The beard hair was wilson's only buff. Now he is obsolete, and has no advantage over the other characters. Wilson needs a buff.

I'd like to see the meat effigies taken out and Wilson's health and hunger points go up some. 150 health, 180 stomach points but have his sanity be 80 and go down quicker than everyone else.

Edited by Avarwen

I don't think he needs a buff at all. He has easy access to beard hair. It's harder to get beard hair from beardlings than you think."no advantage?" nuh-huh

I thought so, too, but then i went to a savannah, kept my sanity between 40 (when beardling begin to.. be beardlings) and 25 (because of the monsters).In 2 days, i farmed 6 beard hair and 7 nightmare fuel.I still think Wilson is find, tough. He is the default character after all.

I thought so, too, but then i went to a savannah, kept my sanity between 40 (when beardling begin to.. be beardlings) and 25 (because of the monsters).In 2 days, i farmed 6 beard hair and 7 nightmare fuel.I still think Wilson is find, tough. He is the default character after all.

They drop beard hairs REALLy rarely for me :c in 4 days i managed to farm like 2 and that was with giving that task my full attention. With Wilson you just shave beard. ZING. Done.

They drop beard hairs REALLy rarely for me :c in 4 days i managed to farm like 2 and that was with giving that task my full attention. With Wilson you just shave beard. ZING. Done.

Oh, really?Must be luck then.I wanted to farm nightmare fuel, but instead i just got beard. I didn't need beard, i had it sticking out of my chin and some other places of my face!

Oh, really?Must be luck then.I wanted to farm nightmare fuel, but instead i just got beard. I didn't need beard, i had it sticking out of my chin and some other places of my face!

I got plenty fuel, just little hairI decided to leave this here:
post-9806-1376459127954_thumb.jpg
Edited by Silvi

Keep Wilson the same. He's now the 'basic' character. We also now have easy mode/hard mode characters available, so it would be very selfish and unfair to change every character to suit how certain people specifically want to play the game lol. So if you want to just play the game normally, choose Wilson, if you want it harder choose Wes (I think) and so on.Edit: Just for those saying beardling hair is hard to get. If this is accurate, then it takes over 8 days to get enough beard hair from Wilson, whereas you could probably kill beardlings for hair almost as soon as you start the game. Not sure what what drop rate is. But yeah, beardling hunting is an active task, whereas growing a beard is passive, so it's a tradeoff between time and effort.

Edited by Limon Sock

Keep Wilson the same. He's now the 'basic' character. We also now have easy mode/hard mode characters available, so it would be very selfish and unfair to change every character to suit how certain people specifically want to play the game lol. So if you want to just play the game normally, choose Wilson, if you want it harder choose Wes (I think) and so on.

This guy gets it.

I'm pretty sure the Devs stated somewhere that they added characters mainly for the sake of variety, giving you new and fun ways to play, there's no point trying to "balance" characters. It's like saying playing a game on the "easy" difficulty setting is overpowered, because it makes the game well.. easy.

While Wilson is the first character, and the only one to HAVE been able to make a meat effigy, this has now changed. Meat Effigies have been nerfed, and now all characters are able to aquire beard hair from insanity rabbits. The beard hair was wilson's only buff. Now he is obsolete, and has no advantage over the other characters. Wilson needs a buff.

You can only get beard hair as other character in the late game if you go insane insanity monsters will attack you and they do not de-aggro when you refill your sanity.

You can only get beard hair as other character in the late game if you go insane insanity monsters will attack you and they do not de-aggro when you refill your sanity.

Insanity monsters are pretty easy IMO if you are prepared for them. And plus you can get beard hair from insanity rabbits at around 35 insanity which is higher than when insanity monsters start being aggresive. All in all what I am saying is that Wilson's ability, while a bit more convienent than other characters, is still completely overshadowed by other characters abilities. The original character shouldn't be ignored once you get the next one, they should all be equally useful. Willow has her immunity to fire damage, and basically the Grue. Abigail has her very powerful ghost. Bruno has his high HP/hunger and strength. W-whatevers his name has his spoilage immunity. Wickerbottom is a science machine =P. and Wes is meant to be a challange. While Wickerbottom is similar with basically being a convienece ability, Wilson's perk is much less powerful.