Does klei hate wendy?

Well, I did not play much of the Gorge, and I know that Wendy seems to be played under-played. But why would Klei have hate on their own character? Shes not useless in the forge, and with the new armor that came out, they are trying to buff her. Also, every single one of her skins are amazing. So I do agree, sometimes Wendy is useless (mainly in survival imo) and not the first pick in Forge, but not all characters can be good. So, they aren't directly targeting Wendy, but it wouldn't make sense for a little girl to be the best tank in the game.

2 minutes ago, Djcloud84 said:

Well, I did not play much of the Gorge, and I know that Wendy seems to be played under-played. But why would Klei have hate on their own character? Shes not useless in the forge, and with the new armor that came out, they are trying to buff her. Also, every single one of her skins are amazing. So I do agree, sometimes Wendy is useless (mainly in survival imo) and not the first pick in Forge, but not all characters can be good. So, they aren't directly targeting Wendy, but it wouldn't make sense for a little girl to be the best tank in the game.

Best tank....what? 

Her role is DPS or mage and he is the worst by far in both. But i do agree her skins are really good.

8 minutes ago, Djcloud84 said:

I think she's pretty dang decent in survival.

It's just she's useless in the forge and was useless in the gorge.

For the Forge: Abigail is as good as wet toilet paper, and the new armor just makes her go from wet toilet paper to wet paper towel, and she does hardly any damage to be worthwhile anyway.

For the Gorge: Increased grill effectiveness was never really that useful at all.

Just now, Djcloud84 said:

But using Webber or Wilsons buffs outweigh Wendy's. Webber has additional spiders that can't die, and Wilson has fast res.

Yeah currently Webber is literally a better version of Wendy in the forge, a straight up upgrade. Unless you want to go Wendy mage in which case everyone who can use a staff is a straight up upgrade even Wilson funnily enough.

17 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Wendy's useless just overall

In singleplayer

In every Dlc

In Dst

In the Forge

In the Gorge

Probs in the next event too

That feels a little overboard. If you could go into more detail, that'd be nice though.

In Singleplayer

That isn't exactly true. Abigail can be pretty nice for early game and farming spiders. Since spiders and Hounds tend to group up on you, They are weak alone and try to win by outnumbering you, Abigail excels best at that. She is great for a strong early game, with a good protection against hounds, easy ways to get silk and monster meat (Unless you are webber) and Great for getting honey too, as she excels against bees. However, Wendy does have a Weak late-game (Losing less sanity and being weak against bosses. The latter can be easily ignored if you're good at kiting though.)

In Every Dlc 

SHIPWRECKED: Abigail is immune to poison, making her, again, excel against spiders and snakes now, too! She is also p good against hounds (early-game). And she can also travel between islands, which Webber's spiders can not. She can also get an early walking cane killing quacken, but, to be fair? Every single character can do that. Quacken is stupidly easy.

HAMLET: It's a bit early to know much about Abigail and Wendy in Hamlet. At least for me, However i did find her a bit underwhelming in the ruins. Outside of that, she is good against the bat waves and will be p powerful in the Aporkalypse as she will get a permanent damage boost and there will be daily bat waves for her to fight against, always at full power

In DST

First of all, i Can apply most of the things from singleplayer here. She excels against hounds, she is good for farming spiders and bees early on, However, since there are more people in there, There is The fact that there might be a Webber (who does not need unlocking) Who can farm spiders. However, Wendy is still the best at dealing with bees and somewhat hounds with minor injuries in both scenarios (Or none, if they're good). also her skins are adorable. It's not really a +, but it is something.

In Forge

Yeah she is kinda useless in the forge. Not a game-breaker, but still, the worse character. i still play her tho (And Win, Most of the times.)

In Gorge

Same as Forge. But less bad, she has the same perk as Wolfgang and Wilson(?) Originally, she was gonna have Wes' perk. Which i think would have made her actually decent there. Overall, Gorge was just.. didn't really matter the team comp as 1 player could carry the team no matter the character.

Probs in the next event too:

There is no way to know that. Maybe she will be absurd crap, or maybe she will be a god like Wickerbottom (Which i doubt, to be honest.)

Actually, in The Gorge Wendy was specially useful because she could speedrun it as the grill's recipes cooked faster (plus they burned faster), and she improved them to the point where they were done in half a second and lasted a lot before burning. Not only that but the grill offered a lot of easy recipes that gave a lot of coins, falling short only on soup (but you could only do that in the pot anyway, but that one didn't have bread), and made the "awful 2nd dish bread" a lot more bearable than with the oven.

In The Forge the new armor now let's her compete with other characters easily. Abigail gets 900 health, does more damage, and revives faster; making her a Bernie that does damage, and Webber's spiders that attack a group of enemies instead of just one. IMO she is better suited for the new armor than Willow. Still needs the armor to be useful though.

In survival she has a niche in spider and bee farming, plus being able to kill bosses that summon minions (see Wendy's strategies with Abigail), something that not many other characters have or can do. Still falls short because she does less damage.

4 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I mean you can and nobody is going to stop you but you're collecting wood at average speed and with inefficient character

I Actually managed to cut the entire forest down before the first gnaw coin (Don't remember the name atm.) got down, Which was faster than our woodie. (The woodie wasn't the best at it, though. He was kinda bad.)

20180629221636_1.thumb.jpg.ef27317eee061766498ee16f4e1385b3.jpg

I think Klei expected something different. After they announced "many balances" for the 2018 Forge I thought they also overhaul characters (I expected Wicker and Woodie to be nerfed)...but all I see the only old stuff was changed was the Boarilla. There are so many ideas to make every character interesting and give them a spot in the "your perk does not suck corner" like better healing effencity or ignore guerd to make damage. To compare other pet users, especially Willow who has two(!) perks, Wendy is very underwhelming after discovering Abby isn't as useful as in the normal game. In the Gorge Wigfrid and Woodie suffer from this too. 

I feel like the reason why Wendy isn't very powerful in both events is because she's a fairly popular character in the main survival game. She's a really great character for beginners especially and a lot of longterm players can still enjoy playing as her. Not everyone plays characters purely out of "usefulness" or Wickerbottom would make up 80% of the survival playerbase, which is obviously not the case. Wendy's definitely one of the top used players in surivival (and they even chose her to make a Funko Pop out of!) sooo making her more useless in events I suppose encourages people to use different characters. Woodie, for example - Woodie is one of the least popular players in survival but has great perks in events, which encourages more people to play him under these different scenarios. 

Archived