Random hammers appearing around the town

Random hammers have been appearing around the hamlet for a while now. They started appearing around day 40, I've been picking them up but more just appear when i'm gone. I have a feeling it has to do with the worker pigs. Also when you kill a worker pig they absolutely spew hammers, I mean like 30+ 100% hammers fly out of them when you kill them.

My town is getting flooded with Regolith hammers too. First I was happy for getting free hammers, but there are more and more... everywhere are hammers, hammers, hammers. And walking through the town starts slowing my game...

20181115224231_1.jpg

They should add some sort of disposal system other than burning. I have way too many swashy hats, torches and hammers from killing pig guards and the masked pig. I've resorted to filling my inventory with the leftover torches and wearing them out to get rid of them, as for the swashy hats and the hammers that would be difficult...

2 hours ago, Pagox said:

My town is getting flooded with Regolith hammers too. First I was happy for getting free hammers, but there are more and more... everywhere are hammers, hammers, hammers. And walking through the town starts slowing my game...

20181115224231_1.jpg

This is several hammers.

I've seen screenshots of people's village pigs "pooping hammers"!  Didn't know they were still doing that.  XD  (I'm also now thinking of the BARKING snakes in the "Thirst" mod, which are "not a bug, it's a feature!"  Okay, that's a mod, but still.  Snakes that think they are dogs.)

And Avarwen, don't feel bad about the hammer-time joke...Wilson already did that.  In the BASE game!

WILSON:  (examining hammer) Stop.  It is time.  To hammer things!

: P

EDIT:  Now, if only we could figure out what to feed the pigs to make them poop _gold_...(thoughtful chin-rubbing)

...Notorious

3 hours ago, DanklegsTheMemePirat said:

They should add some sort of disposal system other than burning. I have way too many swashy hats, torches and hammers from killing pig guards and the masked pig. I've resorted to filling my inventory with the leftover torches and wearing them out to get rid of them, as for the swashy hats and the hammers that would be difficult...

I think you might be able to use squirrels to get rid of them.

This a bug currently

Everytime you save&quit the game spawns hammer in their inv when you re log but it has a cap so when they have max amount of hammers +1 they drop one to replace

This can seriously mess up the game.

My world has over 200 hammers on the ground

Thats on the first city only

On 11/16/2018 at 3:52 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

I've seen screenshots of people's village pigs "pooping hammers"!  Didn't know they were still doing that.  XD  (I'm also now thinking of the BARKING snakes in the "Thirst" mod, which are "not a bug, it's a feature!"  Okay, that's a mod, but still.  Snakes that think they are dogs.)

And Avarwen, don't feel bad about the hammer-time joke...Wilson already did that.  In the BASE game!

WILSON:  (examining hammer) Stop.  It is time.  To hammer things!

: P

EDIT:  Now, if only we could figure out what to feed the pigs to make them poop _gold_...(thoughtful chin-rubbing)

...Notorious

Gold Dust  ;)

11 minutes ago, CrimXane said:

This a bug currently

Everytime you save&quit the game spawns hammer in their inv when you re log but it has a cap so when they have max amount of hammers +1 they drop one to replace

This can seriously mess up the game.

My world has over 200 hammers on the ground

Thats on the first city only

"their" = Worker Pigs

Original explanation:

• Developer
On 11/15/2018 at 1:47 PM, Pagox said:

20181115224231_1.jpg

Could you go into the Options menu and then Report Bug?

It'll upload your savegame for me to look at. The next patch should have this fixed, but I'd like to put something in to clean up a bit as well.

Cleaning service Confirmed 0-0 !??!?

4 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Could you go into the Options menu and then Report Bug?

It'll upload your savegame for me to look at. The next patch should have this fixed, but I'd like to put something in to clean up a bit as well.

21 hours ago, CrimXane said:

Cleaning service Confirmed 0-0 !??!?

Cleaning pigs would be awesome. Maybe have them pick up items left on the ground, pick up poop and trim hedges regularly. So you have to be quick to trim the hedges yourself for those sweet sweet hedge trimmings. If that's too difficult on the new players, make them naturally appear on the second island and give the ability to build them with the key to the city. It would be a great way to get rid of excess stuff lying around and keep the city clean.

2 hours ago, DanklegsTheMemePirat said:

Cleaning pigs would be awesome. Maybe have them pick up items left on the ground, pick up poop and trim hedges regularly. So you have to be quick to trim the hedges yourself for those sweet sweet hedge trimmings. If that's too difficult on the new players, make them naturally appear on the second island and give the ability to build them with the key to the city. It would be a great way to get rid of excess stuff lying around and keep the city clean.

or have like an arrangement of some sort where u can choose when they come and u pay them to clean the town
that would be great since there's no lure plants

• Developer

In yesterdays updated there was a fix to prevent this hammer problem. But to deal with the existing hammers, you can run StopHammerTime() in the console. Make sure you pick up any hammers you actually want to keep before doing that.

Archived