make a theory about the game

well, there is something we always wanted to know about this game, and you know what it is, the STORYso make your theory, post it even if you think it is stupid, or too long, or complicated, or even if you think that maxwell is a cyborg from outer space hired by the powerpuff girls in order to save krypton, post everything :D

Your thread is now dead.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3545[/ATTACH]You asked for it.

This was funny until I connected it in my head with this

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERZjJ9anbc

and then it was hilarious.You know, this is probably how Maxwell runs though so many people. After a while, he always comes back to the realization that everything is better with lasers. "Hey buddy, you don't look too good. Better find something to eat before I FIRE MAH LAZORS!! BLARRRRGH!!!!" Thanks for this, it made me laugh. :lol:

Wilson is a scientist who seeks immortality. Wendy is his wife, and the subject of his experiments. Experiments gone horrifically wrong. Instead of preserving her beauty at 25, the drugs made her younger and younger until she has the body of a 10-year-old. Her sanity suffers and she begins to see Abigail, her dead twin sister.

Wickerbottom is the town librarian and owner of certain rare books on science and alchemy that Wilson has stolen from her. Stolen, not bought, because Wilson has blackmailed her into selling the books cheaply to him. He knows her little secret: Willow, who is Wickerbottom's granddaughter, is a pyromaniac responsible for several cases of arson in town. But what Wilson doesn't know is that Willow burns only the homes of those who have, in one way or another, treated her grandmother poorly.

Wolfgang is Wilson's best friend. He hates the dark and never leaves his house at night. "Wilton's out there," he says, and refuses to say anymore on the subject.

WX-78 is Wilson's robot slave, who assists Wilson on his questionable experiments. WX-78 hates all living things, but is fascinated by mime. He likes to watch Wes, the local mime artist, whenever he performs on the street corner. One day, WX-78 abducts Wes. He keeps Wes in a little cage in his room, watching him as one would watch TV, every night.

In my head the movie version, Johnny Depp plays Wilson and Helena Bonham Carter is Wickerbottom. ;-)

• Like 1

Wilson is a scientist who seeks immortality. Wendy is his wife, and the subject of his experiments. Experiments gone horrifically wrong. Instead of preserving her beauty at 25, the drugs made her younger and younger until she has the body of a 10-year-old. Her sanity suffers and she begins to see Abigail, her dead twin sister.

Best theory of 201310 stars"Kiss me" -Snob

This game is about Dissociative identity disorder. Multiple personality's and the landscape of the human mind. Each character is a different personality's. The land mass is the physic realm that we all struggle through and the worm holes and the "Wooden thing" are jumps in self awareness and understanding. Basically we are fighting to stay alive through our own psychotic mess.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorderOr I am probably full of it! ;)

I may just be a stick in the mud, but I am a staunch believer in the bad Maxwell school of thought. I kind of see him as a Glados-esque villain: sinister, but with a whole passive agressive, sarcastic, terrible-advice-giving side. I don't know why, but I could easily see him giving the whole "The only thing you managed to break... was my heart" speech from the end of Portal. I guess it's the condescending, dripping with sarcasm, fake-chum Maxwell that sticks in my head. I think he would get a kick out of making a scientist into a guinea pig, taking a guy who depends on science and technology and dropping him in the most rural,feral, magic driven place he could make. And Wilson's sort of like Chell, only a little more talkative. Mostly, I'm thinking that he just doesn't want to give Maxwell the satisfaction, so he probably ignores him most of the time. But I'm sure on occasion Wilson gives as good as he gets. He hates the guy, after all. On a completely unrelated note, I find it interesting that all of the bonus characters are frequently included in the game theories on this thread. I've always just thought of it as Wilson's story, which you get to see different iterations of as you earn the different characters Maxwell has abducted for fun.

Wilson goes too far with science.Willow sets fires.Wendy sees her dead sister... (clear mental problems).Wolfgang is vain.WX-78 is unfeeling and uncaring.Wickerbottom believes she is smarter than the rest.Wes... Well Wes is just speachless.My assumption is that these people were dragged here as individuals and don't actually know one another. Otherwise it would be too complicated.

Wilson goes too far with science.Willow sets fires.Wendy sees her dead sister... (clear mental problems).Wolfgang is vain.WX-78 is unfeeling and uncaring.Wickerbottom believes she is smarter than the rest.Wes... Well Wes is just speachless.My assumption is that these people were dragged here as individuals and don't actually know one another. Otherwise it would be too complicated.

EXACTLY! They are ALL EVIL! Max is the good guy!

I have a kind of Limbo feeling of the game.The characters all seem sinful (and dead), trying to escape a world that just continues itself right after they die again. Like they need to suffer for what they have done in their lives.

I think the same. They're all unrelated characters, and they're all evil. Even if they're not really evil, they're heavily faulted, like all human beings after all. And:1) Either Maxwell is giving them redemption after death through surviving through what they did worst in life being they're most powerful tool to exorcise they're evilness.2)Maxwell wants to give them redemption, but they're not dead.3)It's not a matter of redemption. After dead in their world, you have to constantly jump from island to island (a little bit like planescape torment) trying to find something that can give you final death.

I think the same. They're all unrelated characters, and they're all evil. Even if they're not really evil, they're heavily faulted, like all human beings after all. And:1) Either Maxwell is giving them redemption after death through surviving through what they did worst in life being they're most powerful tool to exorcise they're evilness.2)Maxwell wants to give them redemption, but they're not dead.3)It's not a matter of redemption. After dead in their world, you have to constantly jump from island to island (a little bit like planescape torment) trying to find something that can give you final death.

You're right I don't think they are related.

My Theory :Maxwell was born into a world of hatred and war , he was born with a demon mother and father , and he was forced into living with the real world because his parents thought it was best for him. When he was 6 , he went into a primary school and had an enemy in his childhood , Wilson Higgsbury. He was better than him at everything. He was in a science fair because it was said to be fun , but Wilson won first prize. Maxwell got really jelly. when maxwell was 11 , he hired a mime for his 11th birthday party. the mime was horrible , and he was not paid , the mime spoke to him , and threatened him that he will get paid or he will curse him. Maxwell had no money , and he was forced to suffer...When he was 12 , he had a crush on a girl in his school , Willow , when he invited him over to his house , she was horrified and was cursed by the flames , she then became insane with fire , and maxwell was upset and blamed his parents. He ran away from his home , and sent willow home , then cried in the street corners.When he was 14 , wendy was a 11 year old girl , and she found him on the street corner and became friends with him. When wendy invited him in his house , he couldn't go to sleep , as he saw his sister WALK out of the bathroom , and she said "YOU LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE." Maxwell literally screamed because it was freaking him out , and he set off the burglar alarm , wendy's parents suddenly came downstairs after maxwell ran down , and he was started to get beaten with a baseball bat , bruised , and beaten , he ran away. 15 years old , maxwell looked into going to the gym because he was so unfit. where he met a man called Wolfgang , he was showing off with his 2 other friends , and he started mocking Maxwell when he walked in , calling him "shrimps aren't welcome in muscle town" as his friends started laughing and humiliating him , he walked out , angrily , as he magically set his hand on fire , and he suddenly only saw black , he saw a huge black figure , and he heard it whisper : "Master , welcome to your limbo" as he saw a land of nothing but weird lands , and many different things , there was nothing but an island , and a tree , a giant tree. that was walking towards him. He woke up in his old bed , surrounded by his parents. at 17 years old , he was walking along the street and saw wilson , much different to when he was when he was young. he was creating something , a robot ,and it came alive , and it walked towards you , and hated him , he saw him , and he decided to jump through wilsons front door , and the robot was torn in pieces , he hated all living things from then. he was 18 , maxwell , as he was walking through , the robot was there , as the robot was being tested , it was like a toy , but life sized , the robot came up , and the robot attacked maxwell , it almost killed him , as the robot got a kick in the head , and he fell apart again... Wilson and Maxwell had a fight , as maxwell was weaker , wilson won , and beat him into the ground. At 20 years old , maxwell met wickerbottom , as she was the new library keeper. as he was in the library , he was making too much noise , as he was kicked out , meaning he couldn't get into a university because he needed some books. (Insert more characters here because we don't know enough about them).At 37 years old , maxwell has had enough , he went to his limbo , and started creating monsters and things , and he put all of the people he hated and met in the past years in the limbo.

My Theory :Maxwell was born into a world of hatred and war , he was born with a demon mother and father , and he was forced into living with the real world because his parents thought it was best for him. When he was 6 , he went into a primary school and had an enemy in his childhood , Wilson Higgsbury. He was better than him at everything. He was in a science fair because it was said to be fun , but Wilson won first prize. Maxwell got really jelly. when maxwell was 11 , he hired a mime for his 11th birthday party. the mime was horrible , and he was not paid , the mime spoke to him , and threatened him that he will get paid or he will curse him. Maxwell had no money , and he was forced to suffer...When he was 12 , he had a crush on a girl in his school , Willow , when he invited him over to his house , she was horrified and was cursed by the flames , she then became insane with fire , and maxwell was upset and blamed his parents. He ran away from his home , and sent willow home , then cried in the street corners.When he was 14 , wendy was a 11 year old girl , and she found him on the street corner and became friends with him. When wendy invited him in his house , he couldn't go to sleep , as he saw his sister WALK out of the bathroom , and she said "YOU LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE." Maxwell literally screamed because it was freaking him out , and he set off the burglar alarm , wendy's parents suddenly came downstairs after maxwell ran down , and he was started to get beaten with a baseball bat , bruised , and beaten , he ran away. 15 years old , maxwell looked into going to the gym because he was so unfit. where he met a man called Wolfgang , he was showing off with his 2 other friends , and he started mocking Maxwell when he walked in , calling him "shrimps aren't welcome in muscle town" as his friends started laughing and humiliating him , he walked out , angrily , as he magically set his hand on fire , and he suddenly only saw black , he saw a huge black figure , and he heard it whisper : "Master , welcome to your limbo" as he saw a land of nothing but weird lands , and many different things , there was nothing but an island , and a tree , a giant tree. that was walking towards him. He woke up in his old bed , surrounded by his parents. at 17 years old , he was walking along the street and saw wilson , much different to when he was when he was young. he was creating something , a robot ,and it came alive , and it walked towards you , and hated him , he saw him , and he decided to jump through wilsons front door , and the robot was torn in pieces , he hated all living things from then. he was 18 , maxwell , as he was walking through , the robot was there , as the robot was being tested , it was like a toy , but life sized , the robot came up , and the robot attacked maxwell , it almost killed him , as the robot got a kick in the head , and he fell apart again... Wilson and Maxwell had a fight , as maxwell was weaker , wilson won , and beat him into the ground. At 20 years old , maxwell met wickerbottom , as she was the new library keeper. as he was in the library , he was making too much noise , as he was kicked out , meaning he couldn't get into a university because he needed some books. (Insert more characters here because we don't know enough about them).At 37 years old , maxwell has had enough , he went to his limbo , and started creating monsters and things , and he put all of the people he hated and met in the past years in the limbo.

TL;DR.I kinda only got "Maxwell is butthurt because of our characters. Revenge, ho!"