Which character is best for you in Hamlet so far?

crtn

I'm doing wonders with Warly. I use a mod called improved warly, but i disabled the buffs and just use the few warly exclusive recipes. With him, i feel like I'm taking advantage of the food and i also like his sort of rewarding challenge run aspect. If you're looking for an easy, chill one go wilson

I've been playing good ol' Wilson. i like to play Webber, but with the focus of this DLC being PIgs, that's probably a bad idea. And i like to play WX, but until i know the map i don' play him 

I had tried Wendy, but squirrels stole Abigail's flower and vanished into thin air so i couldn't get it bac

I’m passive so I always play Wendy, but she’s very good for the caves etc that have bats or scorpions and Abigail can attack them while I set up a fire so I can get to chiseling relics or hammering pots faster. I want to try out the new ones though, especially Wilba. 

I can't play right now due to technical issues, but I'm dying to play Wilba. Everything about her is shaping her up to be my main, if her advantages with pigs extends to even the ones in vanilla. Her sanity issues look like a challenge but the ability to drop in and out of low sanity quickly is a perk in my book, if you can prepare for it. Getting nightmare fuel looks like it'll be no problem for her.

So far Warbucks seems pretty good. Sanity is no issue as long as I can obtain oincs, which helps with his sanity loss when eating non crockpot foods. Also, I can buy crockpot foods from the pigs before I can gather the materials to make my own crockpot foods. 

And if I ever need nightmare fuel I can just go and eat a bunch of radishes and berries or something. 

I just play webber and plan to take over the world with spider dens. The mystery was solved! Hamlet is the prequel to Don't Starve, the roc's foot will become bigfoot from the deciduous forest that is the ruins of the pig town(hence why you find the king there, and the fact that deciduous trees are only in rows in the towns).

Meanwhile, the spiders spreading will be the pigs downfall, once the aporkalypse comes, the jungle will slowly die out as the different kind of creatures go extinct, the ponds will dry out and tentacles will emerge from the unstable mud, the savanna and badlands will die out as well, making resources even more scarce as the few remaining liveforms will evolve. 

At the same time, the merm people will arrive and that will be the last straw, ending the world as we know it. The last surviving ruins will be hidden deep within the ground, while most of the entrances are blocked by rubble, time will pass... until a person appears out of nowhere, once again...

15 minutes ago, crtn said:

elaborate on that please.

Alrighty, first and foremost I’ll talk about his biggest downside, food. He is unable to eat food without a 15 sanity penalty, while this seems like a major downside it has absolutely no effect on your gameplay if you know how to manage your money and keep money on you. With a minimum of 50 oincs he generates 25 sanity per minute which is an insane amount. Even at night he still generates a ton of sanity. This gives him a HUGE advantage over every other character. By day 4 I usually have over 50 oincs, meaning food is not an issue. Even if I tank my sanity to less than 100, his passive regenerates it all in less than a day. This also means that you can easily farm nightmares as you are able to rank your sanity at any time. Next let’s talk about treasure hunting. Warbucks is amazing when it comes to hunting treasure, he has a perk which allows him to use half of the durability on treasure items, so instead of using 10% per artifact, he uses 5%, etc... This decreases the amount of iron I use exponentially. Now let’s talk about food, the crockpot food is a huge bonus. Since I now feel pressured to eat food from the crockpot, I get all the perks that come with eating said food all the time. First of all said food gives a lot of health and hunger meaning I don’t eat as often (I usually buy more food every 4 - 5 days where I spend, at most, 30 oinks). I also save a ton of inventory space because I no longer carry around various foods. There is also one last major benefit to playing Warbucks, Hayfever. The main threat of Hayfever is the rapid sanity loss, luckily for me, I regen sanity at such a rapid rate that sneezing does not effect me in the slightest. I don’t even need to invest in a gas mask, I just do things normally and ride out the season. 

32 minutes ago, orian34 said:

I just play webber and plan to take over the world with spider dens. The mystery was solved! Hamlet is the prequel to Don't Starve, the roc's foot will become bigfoot from the deciduous forest that is the ruins of the pig town(hence why you find the king there, and the fact that deciduous trees are only in rows in the towns).

Meanwhile, the spiders spreading will be the pigs downfall, once the aporkalypse comes, the jungle will slowly die out as the different kind of creatures go extinct, the ponds will dry out and tentacles will emerge from the unstable mud, the savanna and badlands will die out as well, making resources even more scarce as the few remaining liveforms will evolve. 

At the same time, the merm people will arrive and that will be the last straw, ending the world as we know it. The last surviving ruins will be hidden deep within the ground, while most of the entrances are blocked by rubble, time will pass... until a person appears out of nowhere, once again...

how do you interact with pigs as a webber? or is the post just a meme?

32 minutes ago, Drewey09 said:

Alrighty, first and foremost I’ll talk about his biggest downside, food. He is unable to eat food without a 15 sanity penalty, while this seems like a major downside it has absolutely no effect on your gameplay if you know how to manage your money and keep money on you. With a minimum of 50 oincs he generates 25 sanity per minute which is an insane amount. Even at night he still generates a ton of sanity. This gives him a HUGE advantage over every other character. By day 4 I usually have over 50 oincs, meaning food is not an issue. Even if I tank my sanity to less than 100, his passive regenerates it all in less than a day. This also means that you can easily farm nightmares as you are able to rank your sanity at any time. Next let’s talk about treasure hunting. Warbucks is amazing when it comes to hunting treasure, he has a perk which allows him to use half of the durability on treasure items, so instead of using 10% per artifact, he uses 5%, etc... This decreases the amount of iron I use exponentially. Now let’s talk about food, the crockpot food is a huge bonus. Since I now feel pressured to eat food from the crockpot, I get all the perks that come with eating said food all the time. First of all said food gives a lot of health and hunger meaning I don’t eat as often (I usually buy more food every 4 - 5 days where I spend, at most, 30 oinks). I also save a ton of inventory space because I no longer carry around various foods. There is also one last major benefit to playing Warbucks, Hayfever. The main threat of Hayfever is the rapid sanity loss, luckily for me, I regen sanity at such a rapid rate that sneezing does not effect me in the slightest. I don’t even need to invest in a gas mask, I just do things normally and ride out the season. 

thanks for the reply. sounds really good. I play as Wilson now, so it seems that Warbucks would be my next choice.

9 minutes ago, crtn said:

I see... don't you regret missing such big part of the game? are spider monkeys aggressive to webber? 

Every creature is either aggressive or fleeing webber, there is no neutral.

And it makes it much more interesting trying to survive with scraps

So far, Wigfrid and Warbucks are my favorites.

Wigfrid : Her downside is easily negated thanks to the huge amount of money you can make in town, allowing you to buy meat-only dishes or meaty ingredients. Aside from that, well, Wigfrid's Wigfrid : if you enjoy fighting monsters, it's a definitely a go-to character.

Warbucks : At first, his picky eater malus can seem to be a pain, but in reality, once you find out how to make a ton of money in town, it's a cakewalk : even at maximum wetness and at night you'll gain sanity faster than you'll lose it.

I have yet to play with Wilba, but I have the feeling it will be an A-Tier Character too ^^

Archived