Dupes Ignoring an Exosuit Checkpoint

I'm not understanding how occasionally a dupe runs through the exosuit checkpoint and into hazardous conditions without a suit.  I typically get the 'scalding' warning.. lol.

As shown below this guy is cooking..   there is no other exit from the hab area.

I attached the sav file  if there's something you want to look at..  Basically I'm wondering if  there's a bug with the checkpoint or if there's something that my searches of the forums isn't turning up.  Its something that happens very rarely, like maybe 9 times in the 570 odd cycles of this run.

Snapshot-38.png

Dimension Sixty Nine.sav

I just loaded up your save file, and my eyes are bleeding, bless this mess.

Despite the disorganization, your setup is decent, and I can't see a reason why dupes are getting past the checkpoint without a suit. I wonder if there's a glitch where if one dupe puts on a suit that another is already donning, the unlucky dupe will be able to bypass the checkpoint unsuited?

One thing I've never played with is the two settings for the checkpoint, which are "Clearance Only" or "Vacancy Only", which I've never really looked into for what the difference is.

I've had the same issue with my own base, it doesn't happen often, but occasionally a dupe slips past.

so far I've managed to get them out of trouble the moment they were scalding, but one dupe has recently died from this, because he was trying to ranch my molten slicksters in their 100C CO2 environment, while I was getting some coffee and going to the toilet.

13 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Could be a problem when dupes go idle on the checkpoint and taking a task from there, inside exo zone.
Dunno why it's so hard to let them idle, inside a recreation room..

They fixed that a short while ago. They won't go idle at the checkpoint anymore.

3 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Hmkay, was "relative" sure that my dupes did that some days ago, but you could be right, when you are not wrong and i am right.

I tried to find the update but couldn't. Maybe were both totally not right in the head?

4 hours ago, Exa said:

Do you mind post un screenshot of the whole base? I love to see functional chaos in general

Don't forget : Chaos is a ladder

just load up the save :p

5 hours ago, crypticorb said:

I just loaded up your save file, and my eyes are bleeding, bless this mess.

Despite the disorganization, your setup is decent, and I can't see a reason why dupes are getting past the checkpoint without a suit. I wonder if there's a glitch where if one dupe puts on a suit that another is already donning, the unlucky dupe will be able to bypass the checkpoint unsuited?

One thing I've never played with is the two settings for the checkpoint, which are "Clearance Only" or "Vacancy Only", which I've never really looked into for what the difference is.

haha.  made your eyes bleed a bit?  if we can trust the tool tips, clearance:Vacancy means that a suited dupe can only pass if there is room to store the suit.  thats the only setting i'm seeing clearancy: vacancy/always.. perhaps my version is out of date despite steam? (291640)

I find myself wondering if its a case like the sinks.. hmm.

5 hours ago, Exa said:

Do you mind post un screenshot of the whole base? I love to see functional chaos in general

Don't forget : Chaos is a ladder

I find it's most useful to compare ventilation and power systems for how organized things are, not necessarily just general layout, though floor layout greatly improves dupe efficiency as they'll spend less time maneuvering/climbing over obstacles.

As a base comparison, here's mine, with the power core on the left side of the base, oxygen production on top, gas management and storage below. Look how neat and clean that is, I even have fishtanks.

Spoiler

temp2.thumb.png.928980fb894e63bdcdbc147a6ff844df.png

temp2.thumb.png.473f454409c08eb07b49cdde372866a1.png

temp2.thumb.png.ad8742c4c994dc8b7a2d5b6bdf4f365f.png

Here's @DaveSatx's setup, with power generation on the entire left side, bottom right, and up in space. Oxygen generation on the bottom left, but those gas and liquid bridges everywhere gave me an aneurysm trying to find it.

Spoiler

temp2.thumb.png.1b7013aa798672dde37e1b4156ce3b3c.png

temp2.thumb.png.f7cf13dd84a4729e2fe712a6f21a0038.png

temp2.thumb.png.354cc5e5523a4662c6e6407ead2086a1.png

10 minutes ago, Exa said:

2m166v.jpg

I didn't realize how messy it was until you pointed out the error messages XD

I was so overwhelmed by the bridges everywhere I missed all the error messages. There's a couple you didn't see, the research station red error popped up a couple times, as well as a few other red messages that disappeared quickly.

@DaveSatx I'm sorry m8, I don't mean to poke fun at your setup, but your base is pure entertainment.

I loaded up the save, locked Liam in with the pneumatic door before the exosuit docks, and reviewed his navigation.  I can see no way he's getting past the docks, so uh, bug I guess.  Weird stuff.

I had an issue where my dupes were getting jet-suits past my limited area and it took me awhile to figure it out.  I have a pneumatic door that's supposed to prevent my astronauts from using the jet-suits, as they have their own footpath to the rockets that's locked out for everyone else.  Turns out, all I needed was to set the vacancy option on my jet-suit docks and it fixed the issue.  The astronauts previously were able to enter from the wrong side of the dock, dropping their exosuits to the ground, then return back through and grab a jet-suit.

Since everyone likes reviewing the saves, here's mine if anyone is interested.  :D

If you play with the vacancy setting on the jet-suit dock and look at the pathing on the astronauts (Bubbles/Buzz) you'll see the subtle difference in their pathing by the docks when changing the setting.

Planet3.sav

12 hours ago, Oozinator said:

We could make an IQ test to see, who is the better trained ape?

There is lots of time for that, still waiting for new or optimized game content.

The formula is: The longer we Dupists do not get new content, the wilder the forum posts get.

Dupa Dupa, Anti-dupapa !

Regarding exosuit checkpoints> I used to play with multiple checkpoints, that always led to tons of suits laying everywhere. Maybe this is of help or maybe not. However, may the dupe be with you. Dont dupe and drive. In love, Babba

image.png.827d017e5f7274de5218b242e50eb648.png

"Lets open the next Keg"

9 hours ago, Exa said:

2m166v.jpg

this base grew organically - all of my bases do.  If i try to be super logically oriented from the beginning I lost interest in the base every time.
That being said I do try to implement changes that help - this is much better than others lol.  I made it this far with it so I'm a tad proud of it.

Those errors are interesting and irrelevant at the same time..

the restroom out of order errors pop up on load if a dupe was in the toilet when I saved.  everything is still working.  I suppose I should bug report it but it seems like waste of time.

the starving critters are either pacu (lower right of the map) or the lone pufflet prince i keep hatching to allow my dense pufts to lay and keep converting massively excess oxygen into oxylite.

food has decayed- pincha peppers all over the map decay and are promptly taken to make dirt.

Most of the broken buildings are ladders that work when broken so who cares, right?  they fix them now and then.

The Missing research station is the final one to process rocket data and since i have no rocket..., I picked a research topict because the telescope rather implied it would generate some research lol.  I use it as a reminder that i need to build rockets.

Now.. Space is something i've only just started exploring this patch.. so yeah.  lots of overheat and damaged buildings up there. learning requires pain after all.

I love my bridges *grin*  After this point I built a long run from bottom to top to move some oil up top  although I got sleepy and stopped playing shortly after

image.png

Archived