Dupes Ignoring an Exosuit Checkpoint

54 minutes ago, bountygiver said:

I have this bug on my current colony since the beginning from the first rocket update. They just happen so randomly that I cannot find a cause for this to happen.

It just happened again.. seems to be getting more common.. submitting a bug

edit:  A bug forum search turned up a post in late october with almost the same description.  It was flagged as 'known issue' and they thanked them for the save so i submitted mine.   also noticed the 'known issues' thread is gone.  *boggle*

Snapshot-39.jpg

I was not ironic when saying I love this base, Actually my bases are even worst and I totally relate to you about organized bases being boring. Organic functionning chaos is the true deal :D maybe I should open a contest about that

9 minutes ago, Exa said:

I was not ironic when saying I love this base, Actally my bases are s even worst and I totally relate to you about organized bases being boring. Organic functionning chaos is the true deal :D maybe I should open a contest about that

Organic chaos is the opposite of fun in my opinion. I play to the tune of "perfected optimization", rather than organic chaos. It's the main reason why I've only just now started my surface bunker shield at cycle 400, most of my dupes time is spent re-working and optimizing systems.

One benefit of this playstyle is my 16 dupes often complete projects faster than I can come up with them, because they all have insane skills, speed, and the pathing options are perfectly optimized.

1 hour ago, crypticorb said:

Organic chaos is the opposite of fun in my opinion. I play to the tune of "perfected optimization", rather than organic chaos. It's the main reason why I've only just now started my surface bunker shield at cycle 400, most of my dupes time is spent re-working and optimizing systems.

One benefit of this playstyle is my 16 dupes often complete projects faster than I can come up with them, because they all have insane skills, speed, and the pathing options are perfectly optimized.

2 hours ago, Exa said:

I was not ironic when saying I love this base, Actually my bases are even worst and I totally relate to you about organized bases being boring. Organic functionning chaos is the true deal :D maybe I should open a contest about that

I'm not trying for chaos but i'm not bothered unduly by it..  what works works.   My 24 dupes all have amazing skills too, i'm learning a lot each time through because I never bothered to try some of this stuff before.  Now that the game has more things to do I find myself more interested in what I used to consider extras. No doubt I'll evolve ways to better do the stuff i'm doing now but until then its survival :)

For the first time i'm seeing the end of free oil, lol  This is also the oldest base i've had where it hasn't slowed down too far to be fun either.
I am also having a touch of stress now - one of my astronaughts (lol) is being a bit whiney.

5 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

No. Never considered it.. does that even work? LOL.

HMMM.. i'd have to sacrifice a exodock... Hmmm

Nope.  Doesn't work.

Snapshot-40.thumb.png.fbc67a0fa7a5a12f14516c2d4f00c35c.png

The first checkpoint reads no docks because the 2nd one doesn't pass through so they drop them on the ground. lol

4 hours ago, Exa said:

I work in a field where If my products are'nt perfectly optimized i'm out of business..

Road worker?
@DaveSatx Do you used "Move to command" on a dupe. I do that sometimes and it could be, that it raise chances for the specific "bug"?
Perhaps when dupes are idle and i catch the only active dupe and give him a move to command and another dupe takes his task..

I had an issue last night where one of my dupes got stuck at the exosuit checkpoint.  There was a suit available that he wouldn't take.  He just stood there idle right on top of the checkpoint.  I used the 'move to' command to move him back before the suit docks, at which point he proceeded to equip a suit and go right by the checkpoint.  Kinda the opposite of you're specific issue, but I bet it's still related.

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Road worker?
@DaveSatx Do you used "Move to command" on a dupe. I do that sometimes and it could be, that it raise chances for the specific "bug"?
Perhaps when dupes are idle and i catch the only active dupe and give him a move to command and another dupe takes his task..

LOL.  rarely.  thats how i save them however :)

I have noticed that the dupes tend to pickup the closest exo suit to the checkpoint, now, when a dupe has just returned with a spent suit to that checkpoint, the suit is still empty.  When the dupe gets to a job job and runs out of O2, the dupe will remove the helmet to get a breath of air, now the dupe has exposed their stupid selves to searing hot gasses etc. and may die.

The problem is due to dupes picking up the exo suit closest to the checkpoint, regardless of how much it's charged, rather than picking up a fully loaded exosuit, which they will completely ignore.

12 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

After some thought I decied to increase the 'bandwidth' of the exosuit checkpoint by adding 7 new docs.. it will be interesting to see if this has any impact on the problem. it certainly will help with bottlenecking :)

It allows more dupes to use exo suites, but as I described above, because you have more throughput, you now have more chance of dupes picking up spent suits and removing their helmet at inconvenient times when air runs out.

Tips to avoid this happening, make sure you have a plentiful supply of O2 to refill the docks, ie the feed pipe is backed up full of O2, perhaps even have a air reservoir full of O2 also.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:01 PM, DaveSatx said:

It just happened again.. seems to be getting more common.. submitting a bug

edit:  A bug forum search turned up a post in late october with almost the same description.  It was flagged as 'known issue' and they thanked them for the save so i submitted mine.   also noticed the 'known issues' thread is gone.  *boggle*

Snapshot-39.jpg

Put one more tile after your checkpoint before the step down to where the statue is.  I've noticed that sometimes dupes can circumvent a point if there's a diagonal connection.

9 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Put one more tile after your checkpoint before the step down to where the statue is.  I've noticed that sometimes dupes can circumvent a point if there's a diagonal connection.

I will give it a shot :)

On 11/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, Craigjw said:

I have noticed that the dupes tend to pickup the closest exo suit to the checkpoint, now, when a dupe has just returned with a spent suit to that checkpoint, the suit is still empty.  When the dupe gets to a job job and runs out of O2, the dupe will remove the helmet to get a breath of air, now the dupe has exposed their stupid selves to searing hot gasses etc. and may die.

The problem is due to dupes picking up the exo suit closest to the checkpoint, regardless of how much it's charged, rather than picking up a fully loaded exosuit, which they will completely ignore.

It allows more dupes to use exo suites, but as I described above, because you have more throughput, you now have more chance of dupes picking up spent suits and removing their helmet at inconvenient times when air runs out.

Tips to avoid this happening, make sure you have a plentiful supply of O2 to refill the docks, ie the feed pipe is backed up full of O2, perhaps even have a air reservoir full of O2 also.

I have not seen any of my dupes pick a spent suit.  every Scalding! warning has shown a dupe without a suit running around.. sigh.  good points though, i'll remain aware for it

I've had the same issue multiple times. 

When a dupe removes the suit shouldn't it be dropped where he did? To me it looks more like an issue with a faster dupe taking the suit at the same time, and thus one of the two dupes leaves without a suit. 

From last time this was brought up from what I’ve observed with it happening right at the start of a day I suspect tons of eager dupes all get to the checkpoint at the same time because there are available suits but once everybody else has gotten in a suit there are no more.  The dupe is already past where they would have been blocked so they go in without a suit. 

12 hours ago, Icywolf said:

I've had the same issue multiple times. 

When a dupe removes the suit shouldn't it be dropped where he did? To me it looks more like an issue with a faster dupe taking the suit at the same time, and thus one of the two dupes leaves without a suit. 

The suit gets put automagically into the first empty dock in a "proper" set up (no judgement, there are a lot of ways to do checkpoints)

4 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

From last time this was brought up from what I’ve observed with it happening right at the start of a day I suspect tons of eager dupes all get to the checkpoint at the same time because there are available suits but once everybody else has gotten in a suit there are no more.  The dupe is already past where they would have been blocked so they go in without a suit. 

Hmm.  I have my dupes 4 per schedule offset by a few blocks in the scheduler. I suppose it is possible.  My recent increase in the 'bandwidth' of my dock setup may mean the problem is gone since i doubt more than 17 of my 24 dupes are going to be rushing the checkpoint :)

16 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Might indeed be related to throughput - I have noticed it happens more often on my lower capacity (8 suits) docks, as opposed to the higher (24 suits) docks. Total dupes - 40

13 hours ago, Icywolf said:

Might indeed be related to throughput - I have noticed it happens more often on my lower capacity (8 suits) docks, as opposed to the higher (24 suits) docks. Total dupes - 40

Seems so.  about 100 cycles in and no more incidents

Archived