Farms not needed at all

_Q_

Currently on day 60 without single farm build. Why people use them at all? All you need is some honey and pig village nearby and you are set. Farms are good idea, but something must be done with them, cause right now you can survive without any farms, living on honey ham and taffy forever.

With honey and no pigs you can have a healthy life only on pie and cookies. But the best is to have both.

Posted Image

Farms are useful. I am using them now without the bird cage. If I get dragon fruit I make pie, if I get pumpkin I make cookies and if I get anything else I stockpile until the day I meet a werepig then lay all the veggies on the ground and watch... from a distance.

Posted Image

Edited by Avelarius
Censored filename ¬¬

After becoming established in a good area, farm plots seem rather useless to me as of the most recent update. I only have 2 turbo farm plots, and I kind of neglect them. I primarily get my pig army to destroy the beefalo herd and I gather up all the meat from that. I currently have about 30+ crockpots that I make my meals with and let them sit there until I need them without them rotting at all.Granted, I have also worked extremely hard to get my character where he is now.

I get the distinct impression that honey production is going to be slowed down a bit in the next update.

- - - Updated - - -

The bees need to be a bit less busy!

Kevin! Kevin.. Kevin, listen to me. Don't to anything to the honey production.

Make it like this: when we take the honey, the bees get pissed and won't produce any honey for another 3 days or so.

Sounds balanced doesn't it?

I get the distinct impression that honey production is going to be slowed down a bit in the next update.

- - - Updated - - -

The bees need to be a bit less busy!

What's the plan, exactly? Just to slow the amount of time it takes to produce honey in bee boxes? Or lower the amount of honey produced? Either way, I don't see this as a solution. There are plenty of hives spawning in the new map generation (plus the ability to take honeycombs with you to the next world) so that the solution for players will be just to build more bee boxes, not farms. Usually I only build two bee boxes at my main camp, which provides more than enough honey for taffy, cookies, and ham as far as my needs are concerned. These three provide such an over abundance of honey that I only harvest them about once a week.

Posted Image

• Like 1

What's the plan, exactly? Just to slow the amount of time it takes to produce honey in bee boxes? Or lower the amount of honey produced? Either way, I don't see this as a solution. There are plenty of hives spawning in the new map generation (plus the ability to take honeycombs with you to the next world) so that the solution for players will be just to build more bee boxes, not farms. Usually I only build two bee boxes at my main camp, which provides more than enough honey for taffy, cookies, and ham as far as my needs are concerned. These three provide such an over abundance of honey that I only harvest them about once a week.

Posted Image

This. I understand pausing the honey production in winter, but slowing it down etc is not going to work.

Neither will adding aggro to bees, people will just put the bee boxes farther away from their bases.

Honey is such a good deal that people will jump through hurdles to get a reliable production of it going, be it building as many bee boxes as possible or building it in a secluded place as long as it gives HONEY.